Breaking Bad: the Final Season

Lodeus

Reaction score
I am guessing Elliot and Gretchen made Walt aware that Jesse is alive and cooking for the *****. I am just not sure who he plans to go after because Elliot and Gretchen sure brought Heisenberg back out with all that no credit to him for Grey Matter.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I thought for sure Walt was going to read about Andrea's death in the paper and figure out that Jesse was still alive based on that.

The interview with Grey Matter was brilliant, you would have to think they are going to be the first to go next episode.

RamziD

Reaction score
I am guessing Elliot and Gretchen made Walt aware that Jesse is alive and cooking for the *****. I am just not sure who he plans to go after because Elliot and Gretchen sure brought Heisenberg back out with all that no credit to him for Grey Matter.

It looked like Walt had come to terms with his hopeless situation and his family wanting nothing to do with him after speaking to Walt, Jr. He was truly ready to turn himself in, hence leaving the phone off the hook when he called the DEA so they could trace his location. Once he saw Elliot and Gretchen on TV, insulting him by saying his only contribution to the company was the name, the Heisenberg ego kicked in. He's gonna go out on his own terms. I think he's going back to kill Jack and his gang, not necessarily to save Jesse. In fact, I'm really interested to see if/how Jesse dies. Is it at the hands of the ***** or Walt? Does he escape it all? I agree with those who think the ricin is for Walt himself. I think he will take down the ***** and come out unscathed, pure Heisenberg style. Then he will take the ricin as he rides off into the sunset, and we will have to be content with the fact that he will ultimately die. JMO.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Why would he take the ricin when he's already dying of cancer? I think the ricin will be used on Gretchen and Elliot before he takes on the gang.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Hank and Walt: two men you really don't want to be partners with.

Gee, who'd a thunk that cornering a (former) drug kingpin and his $80 million stash without any backup might have tragic implications?

I loved how right after Hank chastises Walt for missing details in the photo due to his selfish concern for cash, the inevitable result of Hank's own selfishness begins to unfold. If he weren't so concerned about his career, he and his partner would most likely still be alive.

A fitting end would be for Walt to save Jesse, and then for Jesse to shoot him anyway lol.

Yeah going back an episode I was expecting a Chopper for air support but Hank was still concerned about the video I suppose. Crazy stuff..

Good call on Jesse, that sounds just like him but since Walter let his girlfriend die no way he saves Jesse now and then expect Jesse to just forgive him...

tko112204

Reaction score
I think the ricin is definitely for Lydia. The constant tea drinking and mentioning of "Stevia" seems to suggest it.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
How dying kid changed key 'Breaking Bad' plot

How ‘Breaking Bad’ Made a Dying Boy’s Wish Come True (and Scored a Brilliant Cameo, Too)

The biggest twist on Sunday’s “Breaking Bad” — a moment that brought Walter White out of pathetic, snowbound retirement — came courtesy of a 16-year-old boy who died of cancer in the spring.

Kevin Cordasco was a huge fan of the show, and its cast and creator, Vince Gilligan, visited him as he neared the end of a six-year-battle with neuroblastoma. The first of the show’s final eight episodes was dedicated to him.

Gilligan once offered to tell Cordasco how “Breaking Bad” would end, and the teen turned him down — because he planned to live to see it himself.

Sadly, he didn’t. But he did contribute one of the its most crucial plot developments.

“Kevin, who was our wonderful, No. 1 fan… he told me that first day I spent with him, visiting him, he told me what he liked about the show and I said, ‘Is there something you feel is missing from the show?’” Gilligan said on the “Breaking Bad Insider” podcast. “He said, ‘You know what, I want to know more about Gretchen and Elliott. I want to know more about Walt’s backstory with them. I want to know what happened.’”

Gilligan added: “I can’t promise you you will ever get your complete knowledge of that situation to your total satisfaction, but the very fact that Kevin mentioned Gretchen and Elliott led us — the writers and I — to reintroduce them, reincorporate them into the story.”

In the final scene of Sunday’s episode, “Granite State,” Walt is sitting in a New Hampshire bar, about to turn himself in, when he sees his former business partners, Elliott and Gretchen Schwartz, being interviewed on television by Charlie Rose. When they say Walt contributed nearly nothing to their success, he is so outraged at being slighted yet again that he decides to return to New Mexico.

For the rest ---> http://tv.yahoo.com/news/breaking-bad-made-dying-boy-wish-come-true-153505871.html

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
The Whole Marathon on AMC...just amazing from the very beginning. This show was the best thing from the very beginning and NOBODY watched it. DUKE CITY.

Angus12

Reaction score
Why would he take the ricin when he's already dying of cancer? I think the ricin will be used on Gretchen and Elliot before he takes on the gang.
Because he would want to go out on his own terms. Choosing how and when.

Not to mention the fact that dying of cancer is not exactly the most pleasant thing in the world. And I doubt that he'd be able to get close enough to Gretchen and Elliot to give them the ricin. Now the M-60? Yeah, he could get close enough with that. I think the ricin is for himself after all the dust has settled.

scottsp

Reaction score
They just gonna leave Huell in that room?

Meh, well... be sure to check your Stevia.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It was the ending you figured would come but it did kind of suck. He never even hot to enjoy his money and work at all. In the end his family hated him and it was almost all for nothing. I just thought the last episode would be a lot more entertaining.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
It was the ending you figured would come but it did kind of suck. He never even hot to enjoy his money and work at all. In the end his family hated him and it was almost all for nothing. I just thought the last episode would be a lot more entertaining.

His source of enjoyment was not the money nor the state of his families sentiment towards him, for it was all about cooking and the power he got from being able to be the best at it that brought him happiness. Walt even confessed that to Skylar. I enjoyed the last episode even though the action was a little absent. There was so much dialogue and acting there to appreciate, rather than having to watch your run-of-the-mill superficial action-packed finale.

FiveRings

Reaction score
He should have died with his eyes closed...Only until further conversation with friends that watch the show did I realize he died. I think I'm in the 1% of America that not only didn't like Breaking Bad, but actually hated it.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
It reminded me of LOST when Jack died and it faded away,,,LOST always gave props to ABQ as well..