Breaking Bad: the Final Season

bounce

Reaction score
He should have died with his eyes closed...Only until further conversation with friends that watch the show did I realize he died. I think I'm in the 1% of America that not only didn't like Breaking Bad, but actually hated it.

The whole show, or just the end? What about it did you hate?

bounce

Reaction score
Why did Walt leave Gretchen and Grey Matter in the first place?

It was never specifically addressed, but Vince Gilligan gave the characters their backstory which the actress who played Gretchen talks about in an interview:

Q - What was it like having Bryan Cranston curse at you?

A - Oh man, he’s a good actor. But it was easy because Vince Gilligan told us exactly what went down between the characters off screen: We were very much in love and we were to get married. And he came home and met my family, and I come from this really successful, wealthy family, and that knocks him on his side. He couldn’t deal with this inferiority he felt — this lack of connection to privilege. It made him terrified, and he literally just left me, and I was devastated. Walt is fighting his way out of going back to that emotional place, so he says, “F— you.” - actress who plays Gretchen Amc blog

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
It was never specifically addressed, but Vince Gilligan gave the characters their backstory which the actress who played Gretchen talks about in an interview:

A - Oh man, he’s a good actor. But it was easy because Vince Gilligan told us exactly what went down between the characters off screen: We were very much in love and we were to get married. And he came home and met my family, and I come from this really successful, wealthy family, and that knocks him on his side. He couldn’t deal with this inferiority he felt — this lack of connection to privilege. It made him terrified, and he literally just left me, and I was devastated. Walt is fighting his way out of going back to that emotional place, so he says, “F— you.” - actress who plays Gretchen Amc blog

There was no explanation they could give that'd vibe well with the rest of the show. If it was over love it'd dampen his relationship with Skylar, his hate for success wouldn't make any sense in the context of the show. It should've been explained seasons ago so the context could be created.

Stryker44

Reaction score

This explanation makes sense. It was just understated in the show...want to rewatch that episode for the flashback scene and see exactly how Cranston's face gets upon seeing Gretchen's family.

Lodeus

Reaction score
tumblr_mty0p94O271qzjkhjo1_1280.gif

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
He should have died with his eyes closed...Only until further conversation with friends that watch the show did I realize he died. I think I'm in the 1% of America that not only didn't like Breaking Bad, but actually hated it.

So you hated it but still watched the finale? Why? Because of peer pressure? Have you watched the entire series, and still wanted to watch the finale and yet hated it? Doesn't make much sense logically to me. And if you truthfully HATED Breaking Bad from the beginning and watched it all the way, you have some awful taste and way too much time on your hands bud. Just saying. I think you're just the "edgy" and "bold" types that rips on anything popular.

FiveRings

Reaction score
The whole show, or just the end? What about it did you hate?

The ending was great, the writing was very good, and same for the story lines. I guess what I didn't like was the directing of it. But also, Walter White just wasn't a very interesting character to me. I felt as if he never fully turned the corner to being a complete badass. My favorite character was Mike, so that should speak for itself

FiveRings

Reaction score
So you hated it but still watched the finale? Why? Because of peer pressure? Have you watched the entire series, and still wanted to watch the finale and yet hated it? Doesn't make much sense logically to me. And if you truthfully HATED Breaking Bad from the beginning and watched it all the way, you have some awful taste and way too much time on your hands bud. Just saying. I think you're just the "edgy" and "bold" types that rips on anything popular.

I watched seasons 1-3 and was very bored with it, so I stopped. Picked up a few episodes of seasons 4-this last season to get a general feeling of the direction, and watched the last episode because the entire time I watched the show, I was dying to know the resolution of it. The ending was brilliant, I think, for whatever that's worth, just that little hole I mentioned in the first post

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
That show was just flat out amazing from start to finish. I didn't even get into the show until after it had already went off the air but I watched the entire run on netflix, and DVD, within a few weeks of it being over with. Absolutely one of the best shows Ive ever watched and it almost over took SOA as my favorite show. It's so close that I could easily make a case for it being better than SOA and that's my all time favorite show.

I loved the acting, writing, directing of BB. I thought it was brilliant. The ending was perfect. I mean PERFECT. The show could not have ended any better. I loved it. I'm going to buy this entire show on DVD so that I can watch it all over again. It's just such an amazing job.

So many wonderful moments. I was honestly screaming at the TV during many moments in that final season. I so wanted Hank to live and take him in. I was a huge fan of Hank. But the way he went out was badass, IMO, and I wouldn't change it for anything.