Brett Maher now 8 of 9

conner01

Reaction score
The organization showed brass balls by cutting their pro bowl level kicker for a newby. It was the right move based on recent history. Bailey's best days are probably behind him. It's good to see the franchise being proactive.

This move ranks right up there with cutting Dez as one of the better moves made by the organization in recent franchise history.
I took some brass ones
Hopefully he goes on and makes everyone forget about bailey in the future
Loved bailey and I probably couldn’t have made that move but it was a smart move
Like any move if it works you are a genius

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
happy for the kid. That was a potentially season ruining and career derailing kick he calmly nailed.

Good job
Ya,no doubt ,,,that #2 is SOLID, I was thinking how glad I was to NOT be standing in his cleats right then:lmao:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Was I surprised no!!! This guy has kicked in the CFL he is no slouch. Try kicking out doors in swirling winds and cold temperatures at the end of the season in the CFL.
That sidebar said his longest was a 58 yarder C.F.L.,,,that's the first I'd heard about any of his background.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He has been good. I want to see if he can hit some 55 yarders.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
He will have to build the Cowboy fans trust. He looked really nervous on the sideline before the kick. Maybe it was just his game face.

Before Bailey, I used to leave the room when we kicked field goals. I stayed today so he is one up with me.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie- as my heart was racing watching Maher line up for the game winner, I couldn't stop thinking about the decision to cut Dan Bailey.

But it looks like the Cowboys made the right call, so far. Got a solid kicker and saved some cap space.

endersdragon

Reaction score
While I was always a big Dan Bailey fan, and it's a bit weird to lose 2 of our 4 longest tenured players in one offseason (now only LP and Sean Lee have really been on this team for all that long), can we just take some time to notice that Maher has been pretty good since most people were calling for his head after the Seahawks game? 8 for 8 in the last 3 games with some decently long kicks there as well.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Oh I see it now, I did control-f for Maher, didn't see the "FG kicker". It's quite alright I know multiple threads get annoying.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
FO has made good moves. It’s up to coaches to utilize them.

While seeing Dez is a no huddle offense would be fun to watch as a co-worker I don’t envy the team for having to deal with him during the week based off the footage we saw in All or Nothing

J12B

Reaction score
happy for the kid. That was a potentially season ruining and career derailing kick he calmly nailed.

Good job

I thought he looked super intense and nervous when the cameras showed him on the sidelines at the beginning of that final drive lol

But yes, great job today!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Did anyone else hear the post game interview with Maher? I watched it on the local station, but haven't seen a link yet. You can tell he's not used to giving interviews, poor guy sounded nervous as heck. He done good today! :thumbup:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
A 38 yard field goal once upon a time didn't call for cheers. That time was when we had the second most accurate kicker in NFL history.