Brett Maher now 8 of 9

Proof

Reaction score
A 38 yard field goal once upon a time didn't call for cheers. That time was when we had the second most accurate kicker in NFL history.

Yeah it’s not the distance. Was the stakes and especially because he replaced Bailey. That’s it. With how attrocious as kicking has been in the league and the pressure of the situation it was praiseworthy

mmohican29

Reaction score
Maher's leg strength is just shy of Tucker's in Baltimore.

He will hit some absolute bombs, and yes, will probably miss a few high 40's kicks, but it won't be for lack of leg strength. He's solid, very.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Maher's leg strength is just shy of Tucker's in Baltimore.

He will hit some absolute bombs, and yes, will probably miss a few high 40's kicks, but it won't be for lack of leg strength. He's solid, very.

For now, let's see how his numbers look at the end of the season. Hasn't even reached 90% accuracy yet.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Proud of that guy too. However, I'm still disappointed on why we settle for so many field goals and so little TDs. Eventually we need to start scoring more TDs if we're to go deep into the playoffs.

Carter

Reaction score
That kick almost went over the Stadium. It would have been good from 55 Yards+

Really good for him, this one will build confidence.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Way to early to tell... BAILEY WAS MONEY

Bailey missed plenty of big kicks. And was poor in the playoffs. He The whole moniker of "most accurate kicker" ever is so misleading. Give me someone who can make kicks when it matters more than Bailey did. Vinateri and Tucker blow him out of the water for being the most accurate. They did it when it mattered. Bailey also had a mediocre leg distance wise.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Bailey missed plenty of big kicks. And was poor in the playoffs. He The whole moniker of "most accurate kicker" ever is so misleading. Give me someone who can make kicks when it matters more than Bailey did. Vinateri and Tucker blow him out of the water for being the most accurate. They did it when it mattered. Bailey also had a mediocre leg distance wise.

Bailey was great but the past few years looked very shaky even on makes. He literally banked a few easy ones in.

I started to get the feeling he was a choke job waiting to happen. I dont think he was 100% physically right and it translated into misses and shaky confidence, beginning in GB in the Dez catch game.

JayNovacek84

Reaction score
Me and Brett Maher share the same surname and I feel very protective of him already, great job bro! :bow:

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Props to him. That was a big time kick. Hopefully he doesn't make us regret getting rid of bailey down the stretch.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
happy for the kid. That was a potentially season ruining and career derailing kick he calmly nailed.

Good job

Me too. I was happy for the kid. He has been very good since the week 1 miss. We have been pretty lucky over the years with kickers, so let's hope he keeps it up.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So proud of him. If he had any jitters before, he quelled them today.

I think the fans had more jitters than he had.
I know I did.
I don't think I breathed during that time. If I did. it probably would have caused a draft in the stadium and caused him to miss. And I was 7 miles away in my home. :laugh:

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Microcosm of Cowboys fans today.

Maher is 8 of 9 on field goals, but only has 3 kicks more than 40 yards out, he is 2/3 from 40+

But yes, please compare him to Dan Bailey who is 88.3 percent from 40-49 yards...