Brian Schottenheimer on Dak Prescott

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys OC Brian Schottenheimer on how Dak Prescott has been since the 49ers loss through his strong play the last two games in wins over the Chargers and Rams: “Stud. Man, he really is a stud. He never changes who he is. When you see him today, he’s no different than he was after the 49ers game. I think that speaks to experience. I think it speaks to his confidence. … There’s an inner calm about the guy that it’s really cool to sit next to him on game day. … He’s just awesome to be around. He makes me a better person every day. Guys like that are guys you really, really want to see have success. He reminds me a lot of Drew Brees. They’re wired very similarly. It’s not ever about them, it’s about the team and what can they do that’s best for the team.”
https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1719103006501708258/photo/1

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
More of the "good guy" talk to try and hide his lack of talent and ability.

I don't care if he saved 100 grannies from a burning building. I only care that he performs week in and week out on the football field.

My football players don't have to be saints or sinners. They just need to be winners.

erod

Reaction score
More of the "good guy" talk to try and hide his lack of talent and ability.

I don't care if he saved 100 grannies from a burning building. I only care that he performs week in and week out on the football field.

My football players don't have to be saints or sinners. They just need to be winners.
I can't root for Neanderthals.

Dak does look more competent than Hurts these days. That bubble might have burst.

Ken

Reaction score

Cowboys OC Brian Schottenheimer on how Dak Prescott has been since the 49ers loss through his strong play the last two games in wins over the Chargers and Rams: “Stud. Man, he really is a stud. He never changes who he is. When you see him today, he’s no different than he was after the 49ers game. I think that speaks to experience. I think it speaks to his confidence. … There’s an inner calm about the guy that it’s really cool to sit next to him on game day. … He’s just awesome to be around. He makes me a better person every day. Guys like that are guys you really, really want to see have success. He reminds me a lot of Drew Brees. They’re wired very similarly. It’s not ever about them, it’s about the team and what can they do that’s best for the team.”

It's funny that I have always comped him to a bigger Drew Brees....

Dallasfann

Reaction score
My biggest issue is I feel like Dak is really good at this. Playing well against average teams and making us forget how bad he really was against the 49ers. Last couple years I've fallen for it and believed he's changed. This year I'm going to make Dak prove it to me in the playoffs. He has been the main reason we've lost in the playoffs the past few years. He's gotta win a couple games there before I buy in this year. ( I am one of the rare ones that really hopes Dak proves me wrong ).

Aven8

Reaction score
What a great take from basically an outsider. That’s why Dak has made it in life

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can't root for Neanderthals.

Dak does look more competent than Hurts these days. That bubble might have burst.
I'll root for great football players. I don't care how smart they are. I don't think LT, Emmitt or Lambert were spelling bee champs...

CCBoy

Reaction score
He does his talking on the field. You haters are so pissed right now and I love it.
I'll live with a Drew Brees comparison, who was even kicked out of San Diego and flowered strongly from that point.

plasticman

Reaction score
The ghost of "Cowboys past" needs to take some of you on a journey to the days of Steve Pelluer or Chad Hutchinson.

When Tony Romo went down during the 2016 preseason I thought we were all doomed to a repeat of 2015. if you went through that year as a Cowboys fan I just don't see how you could be so critical of Dak.

It's as if some Cowboys fans are entitled to the best QB in the league and anybody less is a bum. Twenty OC's at the very least would give their right arm to have Dak on their team.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're just trying to get him in a good place mentally to face the eagles. Hope it works.

Nav22

Reaction score
he was hot garbage against SF - until i see him play very well against a tough competitor I am going to doubt him. Beat Philly, Beat the lions, just beat someone with a winning record.
He beat the 4-3 Jets and played very well while doing so. No other QB has played nearly as well as he did against the Jets this year.

The Jets would be 5-2 had they beaten us, and 6-1 had they not gotten totally robbed against the Chiefs.

Go ahead and move those goalposts now.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: