Brian Schottenheimer on Dak Prescott

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
More of the "good guy" talk to try and hide his lack of talent and ability.

I don't care if he saved 100 grannies from a burning building. I only care that he performs week in and week out on the football field.

My football players don't have to be saints or sinners. They just need to be winners.
No you don't, you're here for one thing. Stop BS'n like you want Prescott to be successful.

Dakota

Reaction score

Cowboys OC Brian Schottenheimer on how Dak Prescott has been since the 49ers loss through his strong play the last two games in wins over the Chargers and Rams: “Stud. Man, he really is a stud. He never changes who he is. When you see him today, he’s no different than he was after the 49ers game. I think that speaks to experience. I think it speaks to his confidence. … There’s an inner calm about the guy that it’s really cool to sit next to him on game day. … He’s just awesome to be around. He makes me a better person every day. Guys like that are guys you really, really want to see have success. He reminds me a lot of Drew Brees. They’re wired very similarly. It’s not ever about them, it’s about the team and what can they do that’s best for the team.”

"I think that speaks to experience. I think it speaks to his confidence. … There’s an inner calm about the guy that it’s really cool to sit next to him on game day. … He’s just awesome to be around.... ummmm unless it's the post season or 49ers we are playing".

Dakota

Reaction score
My biggest issue is I feel like Dak is really good at this. Playing well against average teams and making us forget how bad he really was against the 49ers. Last couple years I've fallen for it and believed he's changed. This year I'm going to make Dak prove it to me in the playoffs. He has been the main reason we've lost in the playoffs the past few years. He's gotta win a couple games there before I buy in this year. ( I am one of the rare ones that really hopes Dak proves me wrong ).
But. .but.. but, he beat Tom Brady in the playoffs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
he was hot garbage against SF - until i see him play very well against a tough competitor I am going to doubt him. Beat Philly, Beat the lions, just beat someone with a winning record.
You know it's funny that people come on here and say these things without mentioning that team was hot garbage against San Francisco and Arizona,

there's reciprocation here,​
you know it comes full circle when the team around him doesn't play well you know like a poor offensive line no, run game ,no defense ,you have no support also bad play calling and all you can mention is the quarterback we all know what you are we see you, OK hater...​
by the way you're telling me that in seven years that Prescott's never beat a tough team, he's never beat a good defense, he never did anything good ???!!​
you act like every year people say this is if the next game he has to prove himself he has nothing to prove to you haters he is a top ten quarterback and like most quarterbacks in this league they need help they need better play calling and better support for around them.... you can't win against the better teams without a better team... you got that??​
I mean does that not make sense just common sense ever bleed into this place? he can't do it by himself against the better teams but sure he can play that way against the Rams and the chargers because it's a little easier but when it comes to the big games and the big moments he needs other players to step up and be big they never do never once against the 49ers have Prescott had a run game he has not had a strong physical offensive line we're getting beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball... the play calling and game planning is suspect, the mistakes around him how about the 14 penalties in 2021 eleven we're on his line, you think somebody's going to win games on a consistent basis with a below average offensive line, no run game, Wrs not getting open, 14 penalties, and in the early years with absolutely no defense, there was a defense in the Rams game there was a defense in the Green Bay game..​
I mean you act like he's losing on his own you can't win on your own in this league against top competition...TEAM GAME by the way don't try to debate this our two losses this year fall about 70% on the defense not being able to even stop a cold and by the way that's actually a little trend we have going on here with the defense giving up scores on every one of the opening drives and they're starting to give up scores on every one of the opening drives after the half they're giving up long easy drives so they're boomer bust they're either making big plays or they're giving up big plays.. Heck that trend extended to the defense seems to be getting more penalties than the offense they're actually hurting the team but if you want to blame somebody for those two losses this year let's start with Dan Quinn and the defense....​

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Honestly, I could care less about QBs. I think they get all the glory while the real football players battle it up front. But all this hate towards Dak has made me a fan of his in a bizarre way.

He's a good dude. That doesn't mean you should keep your job. But you have to be crazy not to want to root for this guy.

CWR

Reaction score
Stud vs losing teams, dud vs winning teams and thats the bottom line.

This is a year old, but you get the point. I don't disagree with how you feel, but he has won quite a few games against good teams. There just aren't many qbs who come away with consistent wins vs good teams. It's Mahomes and everyone else hovers around .500 IF they are good.

Rodgers: 42-44 Mahommes: 17-11 Stafford: 12-72 Wilson: 36-32 Herbert: 6-10 Allen: 12-15 Burrow: 8-10 Jackson: 13-9 Watson: 7-19 Dak: 18-24

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It's funny that I have always comped him to a bigger Drew Brees....
Do you also think Melissa McCarthy is a bigger Marilyn Monroe? Lol.

No stake in these dumb Dak debates but you left that one hanging, lol.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You know it's funny that people come on here and say these things without mentioning that team was hot garbage against San Francisco and Arizona,

there's reciprocation here,​
you know it comes full circle when the team around him doesn't play well you know like a poor offensive line no, run game ,no defense ,you have no support also bad play calling and all you can mention is the quarterback we all know what you are we see you, OK hater...​
by the way you're telling me that in seven years that Prescott's never beat a tough team, he's never beat a good defense, he never did anything good ???!!​
you act like every year people say this is if the next game he has to prove himself he has nothing to prove to you haters he is a top ten quarterback and like most quarterbacks in this league they need help they need better play calling and better support for around them.... you can't win against the better teams without a better team... you got that??​
I mean does that not make sense just common sense ever bleed into this place? he can't do it by himself against the better teams but sure he can play that way against the Rams and the chargers because it's a little easier but when it comes to the big games and the big moments he needs other players to step up and be big they never do never once against the 49ers have Prescott had a run game he has not had a strong physical offensive line we're getting beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball... the play calling and game planning is suspect, the mistakes around him how about the 14 penalties in 2021 eleven we're on his line, you think somebody's going to win games on a consistent basis with a below average offensive line, no run game, Wrs not getting open, 14 penalties, and in the early years with absolutely no defense, there was a defense in the Rams game there was a defense in the Green Bay game..​
I mean you act like he's losing on his own you can't win on your own in this league against top competition...TEAM GAME by the way don't try to debate this our two losses this year fall about 70% on the defense not being able to even stop a cold and by the way that's actually a little trend we have going on here with the defense giving up scores on every one of the opening drives and they're starting to give up scores on every one of the opening drives after the half they're giving up long easy drives so they're boomer bust they're either making big plays or they're giving up big plays.. Heck that trend extended to the defense seems to be getting more penalties than the offense they're actually hurting the team but if you want to blame somebody for those two losses this year let's start with Dan Quinn and the defense....​
Was happy to see the O-Line start to pull it together a little after that first series. Sacked like 3 times in the first 4 plays. No QB is gonna do anything with a defense in your lap after you take the snap. But the play calling got better and Dak used his legs and moved the pocket. O-Line settled in. WRs stepped up. Did you see Lamb getting open. Dak with some touch throws and tight window throws. ST made plays and Defense playing well. Our TE making a good TD catch on a nicely placed ball. That for some reason reminded me of a Romo pass.

Just a nice team effort. Including staff. Was watching bones the ST coach getting excited and had to get some water. Lmao.

If this TEAM can continue to play like that we will be tough to beat.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
"I think that speaks to experience. I think it speaks to his confidence. … There’s an inner calm about the guy that it’s really cool to sit next to him on game day. … He’s just awesome to be around.... ummmm unless it's the post season or 49ers we are playing".
Yep, I think meeting Dak off the field and on the field trailing with the clock ticking produces a different assessment.... that's the whole quandary, how do you get Dak to calm down when under pressure.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
More of the "good guy" talk to try and hide his lack of talent and ability.

I don't care if he saved 100 grannies from a burning building. I only care that he performs week in and week out on the football field.

My football players don't have to be saints or sinners. They just need to be winners.
The only thing you care about is Dak failing. That’s it. Nothing else. Love seeing you pissed at the teams success.