Brian Schottenheimer on Dak Prescott

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
This is a year old, but you get the point. I don't disagree with how you feel, but he has won quite a few games against good teams. There just aren't many qbs who come away with consistent wins vs good teams. It's Mahomes and everyone else hovers around .500 IF they are good.

Rodgers: 42-44 Mahommes: 17-11 Stafford: 12-72 Wilson: 36-32 Herbert: 6-10 Allen: 12-15 Burrow: 8-10 Jackson: 13-9 Watson: 7-19 Dak: 18-24
How many of those were his first or second season. He has regressed a significant amount too since his rookie season.

CWR

Reaction score
How many of those were his first or second season. He has regressed a significant amount too since his rookie season.

No he hasn't. His last two games looked nothing like regression. Off the top of my head last year he beat the Giants and Eagles each once, and demolished the Vikings who had the leagues best record at the time. Then he destroyed Tampa in the playoffs.

I dont believe his numbers are worse. There's also way too many games for that to only be a couple seasons.

Fwiw I didn't vote on if im happy with Dak. I think he's a really good qb, but I'm not sure he can play consistently great to take us the distance.

That said I can still be fair. His record against winning teams is on par with most good qbs.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Don't you find it ironic that it seemed like our rookie A.Richards the settle the line down a little bit on that side I mean he might be better than Edoga...well at least there wasnt a Chaz Green episode..lol

Romo to Witten :) Dak to Furgy :thumbup:
Is that who went in after Edoga was injured. There seemed to be better O-Line play when he left or was no drop off. Those first 3 or 4 plays I thought we were in trouble. Was just glad to see them adjust. I had Chaz flask backs for a minute. Lol. Even though rams may not be that good. I was happy to see them as a TEAM play well and pull it together. One game at a time.

nobody

Reaction score
He beat the 4-3 Jets and played very well while doing so. No other QB has played nearly as well as he did against the Jets this year.

The Jets would be 5-2 had they beaten us, and 6-1 had they not gotten totally robbed against the Chiefs.

Go ahead and move those goalposts now.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Please, our defense did most of the work against the Jets.

Swagger

Reaction score
The ghost of "Cowboys past" needs to take some of you on a journey to the days of Steve Pelluer or Chad Hutchinson.

When Tony Romo went down during the 2016 preseason I thought we were all doomed to a repeat of 2015. if you went through that year as a Cowboys fan I just don't see how you could be so critical of Dak.

It's as if some Cowboys fans are entitled to the best QB in the league and anybody less is a bum. Twenty OC's at the very least would give their right arm to have Dak on their team.
Not really. Cowboy fans just want to win a big game in the play offs when the Cowboys have the stronger roster. The Cowboys had a better team than the 49ers in the play offs if people admit it or not but #4 fell flat on his face. The Eagles smashed the granny out of the 49ers the following week and Hurts balled out in the Superbowl.

2 years back it's debatable if the Cowboys had a stronger team that the 49ers but a QB like Josh Allen wins that game. The Cowboys don't need Mahomes just a QB of occasionally carrying the load and excuting clutch plays in big games. Sadly Prescott hasn't done this to date and it comes down to the D and special teams carrying him to said wins.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I wish everyone affiliated with the Cowboys would just stick a sock in it sometimes. Except for Micah.

nobody

Reaction score
That's it, move those goalposts!!!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
I've moved zero goalposts. Dak did enough not to lose the game, but he didn't win it against the Jets. Stop having an agenda to prop up a choker. He is just that until he stops choking in the playoffs. I've always said he's a good regular season player.

Nav22

Reaction score
I've moved zero goalposts. Dak did enough not to lose the game, but he didn't win it against the Jets. Stop having an agenda to prop up a choker. He is just that until he stops choking in the playoffs. I've always said he's a good regular season player.
He was fantastic against the great Jets defense, and your inability to accept that makes you look like a clown.

"Opening drive TD was all thanks to the Cowboys defense standing on the sidelines!"

LMAO and his 2nd TD came in the 2nd quarter right after the Jets scored on a 68-yard TD.

Thanks for the laughs!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's funny that I have always comped him to a bigger Drew Brees....
:lmao::lmao2:
I think that was a joke?
If so, we played.
:thumbup:

I mean, he was not talking about how they play QB, but instead, their approach to the game.
Nevertheless, a nice complement.

nobody

Reaction score
He was fantastic against the great Jets defense, and your inability to accept that makes you look like a clown.

"Opening drive TD was all thanks to the Cowboys defense standing on the sidelines!"

LMAO and his 2nd TD came in the 2nd quarter right after the Jets scored on a 68-yard TD.

Thanks for the laughs!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
How'd he do against SF the past three times? Oh wait. Dude's a megachoker when it matters. Thanks for the laughs! You might be happy being regular season good against teams that play poorly, but I'm looking for post-season successes.

Nav22

Reaction score
How'd he do against SF the past three times? Oh wait. Dude's a megachoker when it matters. Thanks for the laughs! You might be happy being regular season good against teams that play poorly, but I'm looking for post-season successes.
Awwww.

You were forced to deflect away from the Jets game, because you felt embarrassed about your awful take.

I did that to you.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

nobody

Reaction score
Awwww.

You were forced to deflect away from the Jets game, because you felt embarrassed about your awful take.

I did that to you.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Do you take drugs to be that deluded or does it come natural? I was stating that my goalpost haven't changed and explaining why. You're the one shifting things around to deflect from Captain Choke. Unlike you, I'm a Cowboys fans, not a Dak fan. I supported him until he choked against SF in the playoffs AGAIN. Now I'm convinced he's not the guy. Sure, he's a very good regular season QB. He'll just never get it done. But his performance in the first few games of this season? Our backup could have done as well.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Do you take drugs to be that deluded or does it come natural? I was stating that my goalpost haven't changed and explaining why. You're the one shifting things around to deflect from Captain Choke. Unlike you, I'm a Cowboys fans, not a Dak fan. I supported him until he choked against SF in the playoffs AGAIN. Now I'm convinced he's not the guy. Sure, he's a very good regular season QB. He'll just never get it done. But his performance in the first few games of this season? Our backup could have done as well.
You brought up the Jets game. Were shown wrong then dissembled to the SF games. Nothing will convince you that 'he is the guy' What is interesting is your need to proselytize that belief.

Reactions: CWR

nobody

Reaction score
You brought up the Jets game. Were shown wrong then dissembled to the SF games. Nothing will convince you that 'he is the guy' What is interesting is your need to proselytize that belief.
You're wrong. I'm not one of the Dak-haters you're used to arguing with. His own choking turned me from a supporter into a non-believer. I wasn't the one that originally brought up the jets game. Did you even see the initial replies!? You Dak fans are something else. Defending him at all costs. If he gets the team to the NFC Championship, I'll start believing again. It won't happen though.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You're wrong. I'm not one of the Dak-haters you're used to arguing with. His own choking turned me from a supporter into a non-believer. I wasn't the one that originally brought up the jets game. Did you even see the initial replies!? You Dak fans are something else. Defending him at all costs. If he gets the team to the NFC Championship, I'll start believing again. It won't happen though.
Your first post was about the Jets game asserting that the defense did everything. The passing games output in the Jets game was pointed out to you. You then brought up the SF games claiming that he chokes when it matters.

It helps when you claim someone is wrong to point out how they were wrong. Instead you characterized yourself and the people you are arguing with. You have no leg to stand on. Dissemble again and I will just ignore it.

nobody

Reaction score
Your first post was about the Jets game asserting that the defense did everything. The passing games output in the Jets game was pointed out to you. You then brought up the SF games claiming that he chokes when it matters.

It helps when you claim someone is wrong to point out how they were wrong. Instead you characterized yourself and the people you are arguing with. You have no leg to stand on. Dissemble again and I will just ignore it.
My first post mentioned the Jets game because he was talking about the Jets game. It's there in my quote of him. Don't be pedantic. I didn't bring them up first. He didn't play great against the Jets. He played well enough, but that's a far cry from claiming he had a stellar game and won it himself. Don't like my posts? Don't reply to me. I'm sick of trying to reason with people who've constantly twisted things to fit their narrative (Not you) and was responding accordingly until YOU butted into my conversation with him.

And if you're going to claim I said something, at least be correct. I said the defense did most of the work, I never once said they did everything. It helps when you're at least accurate in your accusations.

Now let's get down to it about why *I* posted what I did. He said "He beat the 4-3 Jets and played very well while doing so." I simply replied the Defense did most of the work that game. They did in my opinion. He contributed but the defense was the star of that game. With 3 interceptions, 1 forced fumble, and causing them to go three and out 5 times, the Defense owned them. How many times did Prescott make it into the Endzone? How many 3 and outs did he have? How many times did they settle for field goals over TD's? He had a decent game. He did well enough. He didn't "beat them" as if he was the reason the Cowboys won.

Now, his reply to my saying the defense did most of the work was claiming I moved goalposts. I did nothing of the sort because I was only refuting one thing in his post. So I replied to his claim that I was moving goalposts, not continuing the discussion of the Jets game. I explained that I was a fan of Dak. I was. I explained what caused me to shift from being a fan to not believing in him. I think he's a choker when it mattes and posted why. Nothing more, nothing less. So kindly take your false allegations and go elsewhere. I'm done with you.