Signed by Cowboys Brice Butler re-signs with the Cowboys

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I am not a Brice Butler guy.... but I can't complain about a 1 year deal worth 1.1M. I just hope we grab another competent WR to pair with Dez and Beasley in the draft.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Pretty clear we plan to take a receiver early in the draft.

I would think so. I don't see how we roll with Dez and Butler on the outside and Beasly in the slot.

I guess we could if we had to, but not sure how effective that will be.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I would think so. I don't see how we roll with Dez and Butler on the outside and Beasly in the slot.

I guess we could if we had to, but not sure how effective that will be.
We were 3-0 rolling with Williams and butler . Don't you think dez and butler is better?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
300 k G , that is kinda funny.
But hey it shows he wanted to stay here, and that dallas doesnt want to pay much to most of these guys.

LittleD

Reaction score
Looking for a sleeper WR that Cowboy scouts have interviewed several times. He's likely to
be had in 4th round or later...probably later. Check out the draft WR's and move down the list.
When you come to the one from Mississippi State stop there and start reading. This is one
of Dak's main receivers at college. If he's falls into our range don't be surprised if we get
him somewhere in this draft. He has the measurable attributes we look for. Don't forget I told
you about him.

Sydla

Reaction score
But I was told we don't target specific positions by the board Gms :huh: if the value doesn't lineup we shouldn't be (reaching).

In later rounds teams tend to go need moreso than BPA because at that point, BPAs tend to bunch together later. There is going to be some WR help in this draft in the mid to later rounds. Earlier rounds, the Cowboys likely won't reach for a WR just to have one. If a WR is the BPA on their board say in the 2nd round, I would think they would pick him.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Robert Woods and Michael Floyd would be interesting options.
Floyd would fit wonderfully and probably be cheap with his off the field woes.... but anti-RKG.

I really like Woods, but he's not the deep threat you'd like at #2. Great run blocker, but he works the shallow/intermediate area.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Beaz is the legit #2; Butler just has to make plays when given the opportunity. Dallas still needs to draft a WR in the first three rounds.
When people refer to a WR2, they just mean outside starting WR... not the literal #2 receiver

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
for a #4 wr thats behind in looks from the TE and RB(s)? How much you want to pay and who do you want to pull down 15-25 grabs a season if everyone stays healthy?

3-5 million per year for a veteran guy. I would have paid 6 million for Marshall all day. I would pay 6 for Desean Jackson.

kevm3

Reaction score
What did we sign him for? A one year deal so we can audition him for other teams so they can poach him if he has another successful year?