News: Brice Butler to Dallas

jblaze2004

Reaction score
some of his recent activity: from NFL Draft Scout http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82134&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR
Draft Scout Brice Butler News
08/17/15
- WR Brice Butler caught six passes for 57 yards and scored a touchdown at a competitive position.
10/28/13 - WR Brice Butler was the target of three passes, two of which he dropped, and one of those ended up as an interception.
09/19/13 - WR Brice Butler, who has three catches for 18 yards, is getting more work than four-year veteran Jacoby Ford.
09/12/13 - WR Brice Butler, a rookie seventh-round draft pick, made his Raiders debut and caught one pass for eight yards.
09/03/13 - WR Brice Butler was back at practice after missing the final preseason game with a hamstring strain and expects to be available to face Indianapolis in the opener.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Butler tweeted: "Now it's time to play for Americas team! #cowboyszone I'm coming!!!"

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...-for-raiders-brice-butler-to-add-wr-depth.ece

One handed ODB catch

My legacy

chagus

Reaction score
1000 roaches and it isn't even a tough decision!

Insects can carry and spread diseases where as spiders do not. These magnificent creatures literally are our guardians without whom our planet would be over run, crops destroyed and the human race effectively wiped out. Again, it's just a severely outdated phobia and social norm that keeps some of us from appreciating these creatures that are, in all honesty, quite harmless and supremely beneficial to our existence.

Also, I'm pretty glad we picked up Butler and not Nicks or Wayne. I was hoping for a WR that can stretch the field.

Last edited:

dallasdave

Reaction score
Since Jenkins was here before and free, it is pretty obvious the FO didn't want him back for whatever reasons.

It was a good first thought to me since he knows the plays, but that was about the only plus.

Bulter offers good size and speed and I would be worried if I was Street or Lucky.

Well said, Street and Lucky better show something and soon !!!

chagus

Reaction score
some of his recent activity: from NFL Draft Scout http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82134&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR
Draft Scout Brice Butler News
08/17/15
- WR Brice Butler caught six passes for 57 yards and scored a touchdown at a competitive position.
10/28/13 - WR Brice Butler was the target of three passes, two of which he dropped, and one of those ended up as an interception.
09/19/13 - WR Brice Butler, who has three catches for 18 yards, is getting more work than four-year veteran Jacoby Ford.
09/12/13 - WR Brice Butler, a rookie seventh-round draft pick, made his Raiders debut and caught one pass for eight yards.
09/03/13 - WR Brice Butler was back at practice after missing the final preseason game with a hamstring strain and expects to be available to face Indianapolis in the opener.

Looks like Butler had a bad day on 10/28/13. Meh... It's happens to the best of us. I still like the signing.

chagus

Reaction score
Well said, Street and Lucky better show something and soon !!!

Street has been disappointing to say the least (I think his confidence is shot and I believe Jimmy Johnson would have cut him just for that) and Lucky just needs an opprotunity to show us what he can do in a real game. Either way, Dez is gone and the Cowboys have depth to cover that loss. Anxious to see how it plays out especially with a top tier QB in Romo at the helm. We've all seen that Romo, like other elite QB's can give WR's a career.

Last edited:

dallasdave

Reaction score
Street has been disappointing to say the least (I think his confidence is shot) and Lucky just needs an opprotunity to show us what he can do in a real game. Either way, Dez is gone and the Cowboys have depth to cover that loss. Anxious to see how it plays out especially with a top tier QB in Romo at the helm.

Street looked good in preseason but everytime I see him in a real game he goofs up or does nothing !

erod

Reaction score
For what it's worth, the Raider fans are none too happy about this.

But I think it's just insurance. If Williams got hurt....that means Street and Whitehead are your starting wideouts. That's two total career catches between them. Beasley has never played out there, and can't.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Intriguing talent. But Dallas has paid nothing yet and churns the roster like crazy.
Who's to say by next Thursday he is gone, after they work him out and see him on the field.
Then we paid nothing to work out a 3 yr 6.3" vet with sub 4.4 speed that was drafted.
Amazing business deal IMO.
"If he is on the team in week 6, we'll give you something."
Basically Dallas paid nothing to try out an active player from someone else's roster.
Genius!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Intriguing talent. But Dallas has paid nothing yet and churns the roster like crazy.
Who's to say by next Thursday he is gone, after they work him out and see him on the field.
Then we paid nothing to work out a 3 yr 6.3" vet with sub 4.4 speed that was drafted.
Amazing business deal IMO.
"If he is on the team in week 6, we'll give you something."
Basically Dallas paid nothing to try out an active player from someone else's roster.
Genius!

I like the catches where he lays out for he ball.

At 1:20 of second video you see a great one handed catch running into end zone.
He looks like he has good hands.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gavin Escobar improved on his 40-yard dash, Leon McFadden put on a stellar performance in defensive back drills, and Ryan Katz showed a strong arm and no visible after-effects of his ankle injury as he drilled passes at his receivers.But of all the former Aztecs, Brice Butler arguably did the most to help his NFL stock at SDSU’s Tuesday Pro Day.Butler didn’t really put up any flashy numbers last season – he finished with 24 receptions for 347 yards and four touchdowns – and even though he played in a senior all-star game, he wasn’t invited to February’s NFL Combine Still, he vaulted himself onto the radar of NFL scouts on Tuesday with a smoking-fast 4.36 40-yard dash time. That time would have made him the third-fastest receiver at the Combine.

Butler also helped himself by putting his athleticism on full display with a 6.6 mark in the 3-cone drill, a 10’9 broad jump, and a 39-inch vertical – stats that would have landed him in the top-3 of all drills at the Combine.In the receiver drills, his routes were crisp, and garnered looks of approval from several of the watching scouts.Not a bad show for the 26 NFL teams present.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...y-katz-escobar-mcfadden/#sthash.JvOhsX57.dpuf

I guess Butler impressed the Cowboys enough as they were scouting Escobar to take a chance on him

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Gavin Escobar improved on his 40-yard dash, Leon McFadden put on a stellar performance in defensive back drills, and Ryan Katz showed a strong arm and no visible after-effects of his ankle injury as he drilled passes at his receivers.But of all the former Aztecs, Brice Butler arguably did the most to help his NFL stock at SDSU’s Tuesday Pro Day.Butler didn’t really put up any flashy numbers last season – he finished with 24 receptions for 347 yards and four touchdowns – and even though he played in a senior all-star game, he wasn’t invited to February’s NFL Combine Still, he vaulted himself onto the radar of NFL scouts on Tuesday with a smoking-fast 4.36 40-yard dash time. That time would have made him the third-fastest receiver at the Combine.

Butler also helped himself by putting his athleticism on full display with a 6.6 mark in the 3-cone drill, a 10’9 broad jump, and a 39-inch vertical – stats that would have landed him in the top-3 of all drills at the Combine.In the receiver drills, his routes were crisp, and garnered looks of approval from several of the watching scouts.Not a bad show for the 26 NFL teams present.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...y-katz-escobar-mcfadden/#sthash.JvOhsX57.dpuf

I guess Butler impressed the Cowboys enough as they were scouting Escobar to take a chance on him

2013 was the leaked board year and they didn't have him on their draft board. He got on their radar since being in the pros.

chargrove

Reaction score
I'd bet they were already well into considering this deal prior to the Dez injury. Based on what was said yesterday about Bryant being out for more than six weeks...more like eight weeks (this was reported multiple times on The Ticket)...and an apparent lack of confidence in Street (yes I know he's not Dez Jr. or a prototype of that type of player, but still putting the ball on the ground Sunday was not a good thing for him), it clearly escalated the sense of urgency in making a deal.