News: Brice Butler to Dallas

chagus

Reaction score
Well, it was disgusting. :)

Their main food source is the cockroach. What would you rather have? 1000 cockroaches or a tarantula? Don't let your outdated phobias and or social norms dictate your fears and dislikes. Been handling them for over 30 years and our native species are docile and quite beautiful. :D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their main food source is the cockroach. What would you rather have? 1000 cockroaches or a tarantula? Don't let your outdated phobias and or social norms dictate your fears and dislikes. Been handling them for over 30 years and our native species are docile and quite beautiful. :D

Are the roaches hairy?

I actually wish I could get over my spider phobia, because they're kind of awesome creatures, and the fact that they move via hydraulics is pretty damn cool. But they shouldn't have hair. Hairs are disgusting.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

1000 roaches and it isn't even a tough decision!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

And the cockroach handler for 30 years says then...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said Zack Martin was overrated coming out of college, and that Xavier S'ua-Filo and David Yankey had higher upside, and would be preferable to drafting Martin in the first round. I wouldn't be killing anyone for their "failed" past opinions if I offered that one up.

In fairness to xwalker (and I don't remember what he said about the OLs, specifically), there's a pretty big difference between having some incoming rookies at the top of a new draft class evaluated differently or incorrectly and slamming players already on the roster who are contributing and then actively mocking fans who knew better for being 'homers.' If Risen had been saying, for example, that he preferred another linebacker's upside to Hitchens', then nobody would remember or care. But that's not what he said, and that's not what xwalker was referring to.

By the same token, if xwalker had said that anybody who liked Zack Martin as a prospect was a clueless homer idiot in a Rowdy costume with a foam finger who rooted for laundry, many more of us would have reacted negatively to that.

I'm not quibbling with Risen's approach, per sec, because I like the aggressively asserted opinion much of the time, but you reap what you sow. Being adamant, being wrong, and then being nowhere to be found when it's proven or just saying you never said it at all with a straight face is going to get you noticed, every time, on a site as big as this one. That just comes with the dinner, as Jason would say.

plasticman

Reaction score
Both Michael and Butler are insurance policies that only cost if they have to be utilized. In a perfect world, the Cowboys wouldn't need either this season, they would have two more capable players competing next year.

So, essentially, the Cowboys and Raiders exchange picks if Butler plays in 6 games. The Raiders get a 5th and the Cowboys get their 6th. So if the Cowboys ended up with a great season they would draft towards the bottom and if the Raiders have a poor season then they would most likely be in the top 5 of the draft. Therefore, the most he would cost would be about 10 steps down the draft between the 5th and 6th rounds. That's as close as you can get to nothing.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's wise not to put too much stock in anyone who's been benched by Oakland.

I would think his talent belies his record. Considering what we invested, it's ok.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He. Can. Not. Run. Any. More.

Seriously, what does it take to make you realize this?

He is football smart. He is savvy. He is a veteran. And none of that matters if he does not have the physical tools to get open any more.

It would take actually seeing it on the field rather than the ramblings of a fan in defense of his team's decisions.

esloan

Reaction score
It would take actually seeing it on the field rather than the ramblings of a fan in defense of his team's decisions.

The word is he was cut from the Patriots because of it. He was not in shape to play, and rather than embarrass a decorated vet, the team allowed Wayne to "request" to be cut. He looked like crap in the few videos I have seen of him in the preseason. Not a single team has made a move for him since the Patriots cut him and no teams really looked at him before the Patriots signed him. He is done.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Interesting to me that we traded for Butler...and not Andre Holmes, who is also third string for the Raiders and who was on our roster a couple of years ago. I thought Holmes had something...tall, fast, and physical...and when we released him I recall he was a pretty good deep threat for them. Wondering how he and Butler compare, and why we didn't bring Holmes back. Anybody have any feedback on that?

Maybe they just didn't want to give up Holmes

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The word is he was cut from the Patriots because of it. He was not in shape to play, and rather than embarrass a decorated vet, the team allowed Wayne to "request" to be cut. He looked like crap in the few videos I have seen of him in the preseason. Not a single team has made a move for him since the Patriots cut him and no teams really looked at him before the Patriots signed him. He is done.

Call me stubborn but "the word is" doesn't convince me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Call me stubborn but "the word is" doesn't convince me.

Stubborn.

Any time his name us being brought up anywhere. "Can't run" is the response.

I had the same line of thinking that you did. Bring in an experienced veteran presence. And Wayne was the first name that came to mind. A pro's pro. But, his inability to make that Patriots team, especially given their issues at WR, coupled with complete lack of interest from anyone else, and now everyone saying he's done, adds up to it likely bring true.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

when i was in cub scouts we were on a campout and we actually went and caught a few and had tarantula races. very cool and fun to handle if you're careful.

now i also have NO idea who decided it was our cub scout duty to later pull the armadillo out of the ground. suckers can sure dig in.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't think he's going to get much playing time this week, but unless he stinks it up, I think people are nuts thinking we will only roll with Williams, Street, Beasley, and Whitehead on game day.

Outside of Street, there's no one else to play opposite of Williams. Despite Street's size, I don't even think he's right for playing the outside, he doesn't seem to play big. Butler is certainly going to get playing time soon.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Stats say specimen, but he plays a little timid. Was more impressed with Mayle's highlights to tell the truth.

I have nothing against Butler and I trust McClay to have done his homework on getting players like this. Butler has the physical skills with good height and speed, he also shows very good hands. My contention is that with less than a week before the Philly game if he is part of the game day roster he will be limited just as Michaels was last week.

Reactions: BAT