Brice > Dez?

Nav22

Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority when I say I don't think there's anything wrong with Dez.

When the CB is allowed to cheat, it makes it tough on any WR. Janoris Jenkins employed the Richard Sherman/Darrelle Revis strategy in which they grab and push the WR all game because they know it won't be called much, if at all. The one they called on Jenkins wasn't as egregious as a few others he got away with.

Being "physical" is one thing. But you're not supposed to be able to impede the WR's route with the ball in the air, and you're CERTAINLY not supposed to be able to bump/push the WR towards the sidelines with the ball in the air.

Jason Garrett has made the Shaq comparison and it fits. Shaquille O'Neal was so big and strong that he would get hammered by smaller guys and they'd get away with it. CBs are allowed to basically cheat vs Dez because he's so big and strong that it almost wouldn't be fair if they couldn't get away with some illegal tactics.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The nature of the reaction here is making me wonder....MORE.

Usually these kinds of reactions are borne out of a position of insecurity and fragility. When someone tries to suppress speech or go full ad-hominem mode...playful as some of it is...tells me something.
Nah man. Make your posts. We just love Dez and know he's a number one and in a different league than our great #3-4 WR.

They don't have to be mutually exclusive, brother. If anything, this post I'm replying to is ad hominem/hyperbolic

T-RO

Reaction score
And for those interested in adult football discussion...what grade does Dez get Sunday night?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority when I say I don't think there's anything wrong with Dez.

When the CB is allowed to cheat, it makes it tough on any WR. Janoris Jenkins employed the Richard Sherman/Darrelle Revis strategy in which they grab and push the WR all game because they know it won't be called much, if at all. The one they called on Jenkins wasn't as egregious as a few others he got away with.

Being "physical" is one thing. But you're not supposed to be able to impede the WR's route with the ball in the air, and you're CERTAINLY not supposed to be able to bump/push the WR towards the sidelines with the ball in the air.

Jason Garrett has made the Shaq comparison and it fits. Shaquille O'Neal was so big and strong that he would get hammered by smaller guys and they'd get away with it. CBs are allowed to basically cheat vs Dez because he's so big and strong that it almost wouldn't be fair if they couldn't get away with some illegal tactics.
You're not in the minority. It's (sadly) about a 60/40 split in favor of Dez Beast

superonyx

Reaction score
So for those interested in adult football discussion...

What bar does Dez have to hit this year to merit the big money and stay as the #1 target? Gimmie some hard numbers.

Or...is he just entitled...because you know he's 88 and can throw up a sweet X.
It's not about stats. Beasley will most likely have the most catches but that doesn't mean he is taking Dez's position.

It's about ability.
What does T Will or Butler do better than Dez?

EST_1986

Reaction score
Brice (5 letters)
Dez (3 letters)

5>3

#math
giphy.gif

T-RO

Reaction score

OK...props for a post with some gravitas on it...little meat and some gravy. Maybe you can teach some of the boys 'round here something.

You may be right. Perhaps the refs let corners get away w/stuff because of Dez's reputation. Then how do we answer that?

On a pure production-per-pass-attempt measurement...the past 3 Giants games have been a wheels-off debacle. You know what they say about the definition of insanity. What needs to change? What can change?

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
As I said...I'm wondering. I wouldn't make a change on playing time now...or anytime soon.

But Dez is going to have to produce better than he did last year...and better than he did in game one. He just can't separate when DBs like Jenkins and Josh Norman guard him.

Of course there were a couple of balls that were completely on Dak. Dez should have had a TD on one of those.
How would butler look against Jenkins you troll

T-RO

Reaction score
It's not about stats. Beasley will most likely have the most catches but that doesn't mean he is taking Dez's position.

It's about ability.
What does T Will or Butler do better than Dez?

That doesn't work at all. I'm both a business man and a data professional.

A Farmer looks at yield per acre
A Sales manager looks at net sales per prospect
For a guy buying a computer...it's instruction cycles per second

It there isn't good production rate per pass...something has to change.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
OK...props for a post with some gravitas on it...little meat and some gravy. Maybe you can teach some of the boys 'round here something.

You may be right. Perhaps the refs let corners get away w/stuff because of Dez's reputation. Then how do we answer that?

On a pure production-per-pass-attempt measurement...the past 3 Giants games have been a wheels-off debacle. You know what they say about the definition of insanity. What needs to change? What can change?
I mean. Do you expect "meat and gravitas" in a thread this inane?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I know it will sound as sacrilege to some, but I'm beginning to wonder if Butler is a better weapon than Dez Bryant. I raise this question despite what I see with Dez: increased maturity and improved chemistry with Dak.

Amongst the WR core Butler features the best speed...he's much faster than Dez. He is tall, long and has good hands. He's the one outside receiver who can separate with pure speed.

Dez still has the strongest hands, and is undoubtedly the guy with the most overall athletic ability. Dez can out-muscle a lot of guys.

OK...I'm not ready yet to say Brice is better. I can't say that. But I'm wondering about it.

You must've been hanging out with Randy Gregory before you made this post.