Brice > Dez?

T-RO

Reaction score
Chris Collingsworth was a HOF receiver. I think he knows the business of receiving pretty well.

Collingsworth said both in the preseason and again Sunday night...Brice deserves more playing time. The guy could be a star with more opportunity.

Aven8

Reaction score
Butler, Twill better then Dez?? No. Beas and Witten? Now we have an argument!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Chris Collingsworth was a HOF receiver. I think he knows the business of receiving pretty well.

Collingsworth said both in the preseason and again Sunday night...Brice deserves more playing time. The guy could be a star with more opportunity.
More playing time =/= Dez Bryant

superonyx

Reaction score
That doesn't work at all. I'm both a business man and a data professional.

A Farmer looks at yield per acre
A Sales manager looks at net sales per prospect
For a guy buying a computer...it's instruction cycles per second

It there isn't good production rate per pass...something has to change.
Not necessarily. What if our offense scores more when Dez is on the field than when he is off the field? How do you measure and account for that? Sure there is a way but not simply. Dez could hypothetically have zero catches and be the most valuable player of the team if he is dragging defenders down the field and opening up the game for guys like Beasley.

I just don't see a scenario where our offense is better off with Dez on the sidelines vs on the field.

packpitts

Reaction score
I know it will sound as sacrilege to some, but I'm beginning to wonder if Butler is a better weapon than Dez Bryant. I raise this question despite what I see with Dez: increased maturity and improved chemistry with Dak.

Amongst the WR core Butler features the best speed...he's much faster than Dez. He is tall, long and has good hands. He's the one outside receiver who can separate with pure speed.

Dez still has the strongest hands, and is undoubtedly the guy with the most overall athletic ability. Dez can out-muscle a lot of guys.

OK...I'm not ready yet to say Brice is better. I can't say that. But I'm wondering about it.
Crazy, Dez draws the best CB, Buttler is nothing with out Dez and is better now because of Dez tutoring him

T-RO

Reaction score
Not necessarily. What if our offense scores more when Dez is on the field than when he is off the field? How do you measure and account for that? Sure there is a way but not simply. Dez could hypothetically have zero catches and be the most valuable player of the team if he is dragging defenders down the field and opening up the game for guys like Beasley.

I just don't see a scenario where our offense is better off with Dez on the sidelines vs on the field.

1. Where did I say Dez needed to be on the sidelines?
2. Where are you getting the notion we score more as a team w/Dez getting the most targets? Whattya got to support that?

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
So for those interested in adult football discussion...

What bar does Dez have to hit this year to merit the big money and stay as the #1 target? Gimmie some hard numbers.

Or...is he just entitled...because you know he's 88 and can throw up a sweet X.
I know I'm going to hate myself for this but... Highest paid WRs
1 AB at 17 mil
2 AJ Green 15 mil
3 Julio Jones 14.3 mil
4 DeMaryus Thomas 14 mil
5 Dez Bryant 14 mil
6 TY Hilton 13 mil
7 Doug Baldwin 11.5 mil
8 Keenan Allen 11.3 mil
9 Desean Jackson 11.2 mil
10 Larry Fitzgerald 11 mil

Where do u think Dez should be getting paid?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Brice is most certainly not more talented than Dez. Brice, however, does possess the skill set in which, when he is on the field at the same time with Dez, can allow for Brice to play on the outside with Dez sliding inside into the slot, with Williams playing the other outside position. I think that formation allows for Dallas to get some very favorable matchups with Dez going against smaller defenders.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Not surprised the OP has quite on Dez ......... he quite on the Cowboys and became a Denver fan 3 years ago ......

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
And you base that grade on...
Being over-thrown when clearly beating the Jack Rabbit. Several times. Drawing a huge PI. Should've drawn more. Outplaying the Jack Rabbit all game. And his two big catches.

"A" if he grabs that one handed Prescott throw, after being mauled, in the endzone. It was perfectly thrown, but Jenkins (the Jack Rabbit) mauled him several times down the line.

Still, he played well, beat up his defender all night, and would've had more numbers if our Dak wasn't so jumpy