Bring back Gallup?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tolbert sucks. Small school receiver who struggles to adapt to the pros. This Offense seriously lacks talent.
I said what I said and I'm telling you I think tobert could easily be what Michael gallop was last year it's another year in this offense you could say he sucks and struggles without us talking about the fact that he's would be very seldom used as the number three or the number 4 because the two targets is gonna be lamb cooks and Ferguson then they backfield then they might give some targets to tobert and again literally five months from game one and you guys are still whining about a roster that's not been set but daily you know nothing's happening but you post anyway how about we talk about what happens after it happens and when we're playing in the regular season and you think we don't have enough offense even though the same exact offense minus possibly Gallup was one of the top five offenses in the league last year in total that's all that matters is in totality they literally were one of the best offenses in the league from week 7 on... And again they all probably will be better one more year in this new offense with a whole offseason to know who's gonna be on the team and not..

Hey let's not even get to the draft or past it before we claim the offseason terrible and the season's gonna suck and we're lacking talent before we see any of the actual finished roster or any games played sure go ahead acting like cook can't play and he can... When you have a dynamic receiver like CD lamb with like Michael Irvin the rest of the people don't eat very much that is just how it goes but the rest of them when called upon will do enough like they did last year.. Acting like Alvin Harper and some of them other spare parts that were on the 90s team were like dynamic weapons they were not I'm sorry that's the same way we have this set up we need to fix the run game have a weapon in the run game have a dynamic run game along with Ferguson and lamb and there's the way the 90s teams were set up and I still believe can be successful you don't need to have three deep, if you have an elite #1... Just as long as the yards and touchdowns end up in in the end the same as other people's fault compliment it doesn't matter if one player has 1700 or one player has 1200 and then another one has 900 to 1000 it doesn't matter as long as in the end like our offense was last year a top five offense..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep let’s invest heavily in draft for offense everyone sucks but the QB and we know how needy he is. Jerry is such a talent evaluator that’s why MG is still available in FA.
What are you talking about? Gallup was playing great until he suffered a strained hip at the end of 2020, followed by a strained calf that cost him 7 games in 2021, and then the torn ACL in 2022. He simply hasn't recovered or been the same since. But prior to that, Michael Gallup was a very good WR2.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GallMi00.htm

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/michael-gallup/9972

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yep let’s invest heavily in draft for offense everyone sucks but the QB and we know how needy he is. Jerry is such a talent evaluator that’s why MG is still available in FA.
We don't need more WR's we have CD. Pay him all the money for the entire WR group and just throw him the ball 20 times a game.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I don't think he has signed anywhere else ?

Veteran depth.

Maybe he bounces back ?

I would sign him, if it was a team friendly deal for say, 2 to 3 Million , on a one year deal ?

Your thoughts ?
Gallup was never the problem.....He would make a great 3rd option....ala Butch Johnson. Problem is the Cowboys expectations .....trying to make him Tony Hill.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Gallup was never the problem.....He would make a great 3rd option....ala Butch Johnson. Problem is the Cowboys expectations .....trying to make him Tony Hill.
Gallup always ran poor routes. Very limited passing tree for him. Going deep was were he excelled.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
They gave him an option to take a pay cut and he passed. So why would we want to go down that road again?
Sometimes you need reality to slap you upside the head.
Once you realize what you are actually worth on the open market, you are willing to sign a reasonable contract.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tolbert is never going to be, just stop. Brooks probably not as well.
Remember the name David Durden.

Not saying he's going to do anything, just would like someone to remember him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sometimes you need reality to slap you upside the head.
Once you realize what you are actually worth on the open market, you are willing to sign a reasonable contract.
The reality is we should not have even given him the option of staying.

Figure out a way to get John Stephens involved in the passing game as a tweener.

Big_D

Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy but they can find someone who never played for the Cowboys before. Let's switch up the philosophy a little since the 'we like our guys' thing isn't working out.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The whole treatment of Gallup was one big cluster*@#%!
They sign him after a major knee injury. Let a premium route runner walk for a 5th rd pick. Completely ignore him on the field. "Fans" then claim he gets "no separation".
Dak and CeeDee have a tiff in the GB game and suddenly
Gallup is catching passes wide open all over the field.
Then the Jones boys cut him.

I sincerely hope he signs with the next SB Champion.
Dude caught 100 passes his last year in college but
armchair fans now say he's limited in route running.
Gtfoh.

He also had a great game against Arizona but they lost so nobody brings it up.