Bring back Gallup?

Chasing6

Reaction score
The whole treatment of Gallup was one big cluster*@#%!
They sign him after a major knee injury. Let a premium route runner walk for a 5th rd pick. Completely ignore him on the field. "Fans" then claim he gets "no separation".
Dak and CeeDee have a tiff in the GB game and suddenly
Gallup is catching passes wide open all over the field.
Then the Jones boys cut him.

I sincerely hope he signs with the next SB Champion.
Dude caught 100 passes his last year in college but
armchair fans now say he's limited in route running.
Gtfoh.
It was more like a triple cluster #%^*+!!!!

1. Traded Cooper(runs exceptional routes)
2. Compensation was complete garbage
3. Extended a player to a big contract that just tore his ACL.(runs horrendous routes)

RoboQB

Reaction score
It was more like a triple cluster #%^*+!!!!

1. Traded Cooper(runs exceptional routes)
2. Compensation was complete garbage
3. Extended a player to a big contract that just tore his ACL.(runs horrendous routes)
I disagree on the Gallup routes comment but hey 2 out of 3 on an internet message board ain't bad. Especially here.
I'll take it...lol

Chasing6

Reaction score
I disagree on the Gallup routes comment but hey 2 out of 3 on an internet message board ain't bad. Especially here.
I'll take it...lol
Gallup runs great vertical routes. Anytime he has to come back to the ball he gets undercut or gives up on the play. Great on the sideline toe touch. That's about it.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Gallup runs great vertical routes. Anytime he has to come back to the ball he gets undercut or gives up on the play. Great on the sideline toe touch. That's about it.
To me, the comeback routes are on the QB.
That's a timing pattern. I agree that he's a deep ball
and sideline toe tapper guy. Again, that requires a lot
from the QB.

I'm reminded of a deep sideline go route to Brandin Cooks
where the QB missed him by throwing the ball 10 feet
out of bounds. It all comes back to the QB.

Mikexike

Reaction score
To me, the comeback routes are on the QB.
That's a timing pattern. I agree that he's a deep ball
and sideline toe tapper guy. Again, that requires a lot
from the QB.

I'm reminded of a deep sideline go route to Brandin Cooks
where the QB missed him by throwing the ball 10 feet
out of bounds. It all comes back to the QB.
Sounds about right, But let the people keep defending him.

Motorola

Reaction score
No, how about trading back from 24 and snag a receiver in the 2nd or 3rd round?
Which prospect(s) do have in mind for the Cowboys to select versus going for quality players still available OLine \ LB \ RB?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He doesn't suck. The Cowboys screwed him up his rookie year and he made significant improvement last year. He will be fine.

So will Cook BTW.
Really, BDC? Cooks has been spiraling downward with age. He went from 90 catches / 1,037 receiving yards (2021) to 57 / 699 (2022) to last year 54 / 657. Brandin Cooks will be turning 31 in September. He doesn't look to be fine, much less a quality WR2 worth starting to help take heat off of CeeDee. As for Jalen Tolbert, he is horrible. Rookie (2022) year he only had 2 receptions for 12 yards. Last year, he only mustered 22 catches for 268 yards. Young and healthy yet he couldn't even supplant the injured/hobbled and now departed Michael Gallup and old man down-sliding Brandin Cooks. It doesn't look good for this year's receiving crew. Opponents are going to double CeeDee every game and shut our passing game down with ease.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Sure why not. Sign Zeke too and we can get the band back together for one last first round exit.
LOL....yeah, i don't know why fans keep trying to bring back these guys like Zeke, Connor McG, Collins, and now Gallup.... they're gone for a reason. First we complain about keeping them, then we want them back on a "team friendly" deal. It's bad enough we can't get rid of the GM and his sidekick....

BadLieutenant

Reaction score
I don't think he has signed anywhere else ?

Veteran depth.

Maybe he bounces back ?

I would sign him, if it was a team friendly deal for say, 2 to 3 Million , on a one year deal ?

Your thoughts ?
I definitely agree, he was coming off major injury & Dak Force Fed the football all year to CeeDee, very lucky more passes weren't intercepted like the Packer game

plasticman

Reaction score
I think he was unable to fully recover from his injury. It happens.

He just seems to have lost a step and some confidence.