Bring back Gallup?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Him still being a FA is very telling…..
It's actually not if you pay attention to the NFL but most veterans like this don't get picked up until training camp or even a few weeks before the season starts teams will fill their draft needs that will get their free agent list they get their roster in order and then when they need to plug holes that's when they go look for veterans like they did with zeke zeke did finally get a job last year we all thought he'd be around mid year to pick up before the playoffs he was not... You can't expect anything like this before the draft teams are now in almost neutral for the last two weeks they're not doing much they're getting your draft boards ready strategies together and they won't do a thing with these older veterans until far after the draft...

That's like I think the Dallas Cowboys front office is gonna do the most of their work in free agency about two weeks post draft they're gonna then fill all their needs with the leftover veterans and guys that are gonna be cut after the draft and cut downs before the season there's a lot of things that's gonna start moving after the draft...

MyFairLady

Reaction score
So many kind hearted members here. Always eager to give our flunkeys another chance.

shabazz

Reaction score
No, how about trading back from 24 and snag a receiver in the 2nd or 3rd round?
I thought we were getting a RB in the 2nd round, lol

Two offensive lineman, 1 DT, 1 LB, RB,WR, CB.......there's 7 position right there that need starters and that's IF Mazi can play

Without utilizing FA in meaningful way, we will now sacrifice the 2024 season........oh, it's coming

The AFC North is licking their chops......

blueblood70

Reaction score

Two offensive lineman, 1 DT, 1 LB, RB,WR, CB.......there's 7 position right there that need starters and that's IF Mazi can play

Without utilizing FA in meaningful way, we will now sacrifice the 2024 season........oh, it's coming

So in your meaningful way somehow they fell short six weeks into free agency but before the draft you think that there is no meaningful free agents left to build this team with this happens every year and yet you all seem very surprised shocked and the complaints are coming earlier and earlier in the offseason before they even have a chance now to build a roster to complain about you're saying we already sacrificed the 2024 season because you say so because your eyes don't see the list you had in your mind because somehow you think you're a GM and you're an owner or somehow have any credibility or validity in here as a professional sports franchise builder.. There's some egomaniacal fans here who also are clueless because of this is not any different than any other offseason and somehow the last three years they managed to win a lot of games two division titles three straight playoffs and somehow you think that we're sacrificing this season because of what you saw so far which is no different than most off seasons..

This is simply our front office and the way they do things it's shocking that the complaints keep coming as if it's new IT is not new they will actually find a lot of really good veterans still available in the free agent pool and more will be caught post strap and more before the season start there are a lot of good veterans out there every position the Cowboys will fill in once the draft's over and they realize their actual needs they will go find them and if you don't call them meaningful you act like everyone has to have a big name to be any good? Let me remind you paper champions are just that nobody wins in the offseason you can call it a win if a team does more but I watched the Washington team in New York giant team spend more the last three years in free agency I know it's hard to tell right because they're finishing last in the division we won two divisions in the last three years being on the bottom of that spending as far as big names go... Yet somehow on the front office has been able to put a winning team on the field even if it's not going as far in the playoffs I realize that disappointing playoff runs but already saying we're sacrificing this season over what you've only saw over six weeks with five months to go this is getting more ridiculous every year... Newsflash lots of really good players still left just because they're not in their prime or the biggest names it doesn't suit the fanbase who think they know better they really you all think because you play Madden you watch enough football games with your buddies and you have your fantasy football teams finish high every year that somehow you now know how to build a team better than actual professional staff can..

It will be settled on the field and we could talk about it in February whether this was a good or bad season because that's the only way to know is to play all 17 games...

rambo2

Reaction score

They are going to be short no matter what they do.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It is hard to return anywhere immediately but it has been done. See Slay in Philly.
But also see Slay in Philly's play last year.
Teams release dudes for a reason.

Gallup is by all accounts an all-time good guy and team person but bringing him back to just cut him again in camp would be even more cruel.

shabazz

Reaction score
They are going to be short no matter what they do.
I agree 100%...... the FO dropped the ball.

Hopefully we are cleaning house of players with no heart and will get winners in here.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jalen Tolbert, he is horrible. Rookie (2022) year he only had 2 receptions for 12 yards. Last year, he only mustered 22 catches for 268 yards. Young and healthy yet he couldn't even supplant the injured/hobbled and now departed Michael Gallup and old man down-sliding Brandin Cooks. It doesn't look good for this year's receiving crew. Opponents are going to double CeeDee every game and shut our passing game down with ease.
We know about his rookie year. Not his fault. He was turning it around last year and did take over for Gallup down the stretch. Many threads about that at the time. There is nothing wrong with this years receiving crew. The eye popping numbers Dak put up was with the same crew last year.

Opponents tried to double CeeDee last year. How did that work out? I'm getting him in the first round of my FF draft again this year. There is only one person who can shut down the Cowboys passing game. He doesn't play WR either.

It would be nice to add a big flashy WR at 24. That isn't necessary. It won't help the Cowboys win any more games. There are bigger needs. The draft capital needs spent there. The WR crew can get the job done.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
That ACL injury was such a bummer for him. I'm not saying he was going to be some amazing HOF player, but he was coming into his own until that injury.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why? Look at our roster. Because we will have 5 or 6 WRs on the 53 man roster. You see 5 or 6 guys on this team better than him? The only argument against him at this point is he doesn't play STs. In the unlikely case we find some WRs that can play other than our top 2 and hopefully Tolbert we can just let him go.

rambo2

Reaction score
Why? Look at our roster. Because we will have 5 or 6 WRs on the 53 man roster. You see 5 or 6 guys on this team better than him? The only argument against him at this point is he doesn't play STs. In the unlikely case we find some WRs that can play other than our top 2 and hopefully Tolbert we can just let him go.
He doesn't get separation. They don't need him. Tolbert and Turpin can currently take his snaps and a rookie like Corley or Legette would be an upgrade.

Creeper

Reaction score
They did a trick called “June 1st designation”

This means he’s a free agent now and can sign anywhere, but he simultaneously stays on Dallas’ salary cap until June 1. So that is when you get his cap savings.
Did they? I have not seen a report that they actually did designate him a June 1 cut.

In any case, I am pretty sure teams will wait until after the draft to sign Gallup.

Jarntt

Reaction score
He doesn't get separation. They don't need him. Tolbert and Turpin can currently take his snaps and a rookie like Corley or Legette would be an upgrade.
That all remains to be seen. Fact remains most people seem to be incapable of differentiating between signing a player to a big contract and to a vet minimum deal. There is very little chance there will be 5 or 6 better WRs on this team than Gallup.