Video: Broaddus believes Earl will be a Cowboy **merged**

Kaiser

Reaction score
Can anyone point to anything BB predicted that actually became true? Also, this prediction is barely a prediction. Lots of "experts" are saying the same thing. BB gets a lot of praise for being an ex scout. He will also endlessly mention that "...in the room..." thing. I think the guy is a buffoon.

There is a saying in the Entertainment industry that "you should never meet your heroes". Everyone, including top people in any field, have major hits and misses. I don't take Broaddus that seriously but I take most sportswriters even less seriously. Broaddus has missed on a lot of things (by a mile) but he also ran a draft in the NFL that produced three Pro Bowl players.

Broaddus is like most media guys (and most people in life) in that they have highs and lows with the final grade being near the middle.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is a saying in the Entertainment industry that "you should never meet your heroes". Everyone, including top people in any field, have major hits and misses. I don't take Broaddus that seriously but I take most sportswriters even less seriously. Broaddus has missed on a lot of things (by a mile) but he also ran a draft in the NFL that produced three Pro Bowl players.

Broaddus is like most media guys (and most people in life) in that they have highs and lows with the final grade being near the middle.

Which is why I get upset when fans think these coaches just know so much better then we do when we see their stubbornness and stupidity play itself out on the field or in the draft.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah and while Cowboy fans may think the Seahawks have no shot.....every team feels they do. When all records are 0-0 everyone feels they have a shot. Seahawks may feel having him one more year is worth it.

Exactly. Jones every year thinks he is winning the SB.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
We actually tried trading for him on draft day. Seahawks wasn't biting tho.

naw i knew about that. this guy was saying weeks before that his "sources" told him we were trading scandrick and a mid round pick for thomas.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

As an opinion guy he circles the toilet. There are folks here that show way more insight.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Which is why I get upset when fans think these coaches just know so much better then we do when we see their stubbornness and stupidity play itself out on the field or in the draft.

Depends. A coach isn't automatically right but I'd trust the opinion of a position coach who is working with the player on a daily basis over most of the armchair QBs that post here. There are a ton of good posters here, but there was also a chorus of posts saying DLaw would never be healthy, Darius Jackson was headed for a stellar career, Jeff Heath would be the worst safety in the NFL, etc.

Kaiser

Reaction score
As an opinion guy he circles the toilet. There are folks here that show way more insight.

There are at least 50 posters on this board that would do a better job than the average Cowboys beat writer if they had the time to write and the access to the team.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

The only media guy I take his word as near fact is Ben Allbright.

He bats around .900 when it comes to his reports. What stinks is he is much more plugged in the Browns and Broncos than our Boys.

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score

I actually laughed at this.. thanks for the chuckle

T-RO

Reaction score

Fans don’t study thousands of hours of video, comparing players. We don’t know the inside scoop...don’t have access to the interviews and computer data.

We have the right to our opinion and the right to critique...but they get it right more than we do.

We fans do have a way of remembering the times our opinion was right and forgetting the rest. At least I do! ;) Hey...I liked Watt over Taco.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Fans don’t study thousands of hours of video, comparing players. We don’t know the inside scoop...don’t have access to the interviews and computer data.

We have the right to our opinion and the right to critique...but they get it right more than we do.

We fans do have a way of remembering the times our opinion was right and forgetting the rest. At least I do! ;) Hey...I liked Watt over Taco.
Hey I did too. :muttley: And Collins over jones

GenoT

Reaction score
My guess is Seattle will only trade ET if they find the right trading-partner: a team ready to seriously contend for a SB this year or next, in need of a top-tier safety, and who might risk mortgaging a bit of their down-the-line future by offering a high draft-pick (or two?) to get him now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Earl Thomas leave Seattle I believe they would get a 3rd Comp Pick plus whatever we give a 2nd or a 3rd. They actually
would end up with two nice picks. It really makes sense for Seattle to trade him.

No, they wouldn't not get both.

You get a comp pick for losing a player as a free agent, not one you willingly traded away.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Lot of threads for a man I'd currently give 50/50 odds to become a Cowboy. In the old days it would've been 70/30, thank you Will McClay.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If Earl Thomas leave Seattle I believe they would get a 3rd Comp Pick plus whatever we give a 2nd or a 3rd. They actually
would end up with two nice picks. It really makes sense for Seattle to trade him.
That's false. Not sure who told you that but they are wrong.

Seattle will either get a comp pick..... If Earl leaves in free agency and depending on the contract and who Seattle signs that year will decide what round the comp pick is.

If they trade Earl then they only get whatever is giving up in a trade. If they accept a 6th round pick that's all they would get, no comp pick for trades

garyv

Reaction score
That's false. Not sure who told you that but they are wrong.

Seattle will either get a comp pick..... If Earl leaves in free agency and depending on the contract and who Seattle signs that year will decide what round the comp pick is.

If they trade Earl then they only get whatever is giving up in a trade. If they accept a 6th round pick that's all they would get, no comp pick for trades

Sorry misquoted a friend told me that's why Seattle is wanting our 2nd Round Pick because they will get a 3rd Round comp pick so if we don't up it to a 2nd they will just use him this year let him walk after the season and take their 3rd. I thought he was saying they get both....my bad.