Video: Broaddus believes Earl will be a Cowboy **merged**

T-RO

Reaction score
All these posts about adding win totals... LOL... like there is WAR (Wins Above Replacement) for NFL players on a 53-man squad.

Where are all these wins added-total projections coming from?

Yes...LOL. In fairness the writer was spit-balling...playing along w/a hypothetical.

There is no safety in the league that is worth 2 WAR if one were seriously using analytics. Maybe Troy Palamula back in the day.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I just read a Rotoworld blurb, and it got me thinking.

-Seattle has apparently made zero progress in extending ET. They don't want to pay him.

-No one in the league was interested in meeting Seattle's asking price for a trade.

-Thomas wanting to play for the Cowboys is about the worst kept secret in pro football.

So Seattle wants him gone, and they're going to lower their asking price to do it. They will still have to be compensated for the "1 year rental" on Thomas they'd be losing, but I wonder if that price could be talked down closer to a 3rd or 4th now rather than the 1st or 2nd they were wanting earlier. And Thomas's desire to play for Dallas will help push away other teams from poking around and driving the trade price upward.

So many injuries. So expensive. Meh. But Jerry might bite before 30 other teams. Jerry is that much of a gambler.

Last edited:

gmoney112

Reaction score
More than people would think. How about a playoff game where we just needed one more stop? Does that ring any bells?

This is the optimal setting. He let's you play any single high defense comfortably.

So my answer to how many he'd win, the answer is "enough"

cern

Reaction score
I think the seahags will make the trade not possible. They are asking for high of a draft pick and JJ or SJ won’t bend on that. We are building through our draft and need the picks.
necessity makes the timing of deals more critical. if he doesn't show up for tc with the seahawks, and as the season approaches and he remains steadfast in his holdout, then the timing to do something becomes more critical. imo, that's when the seahawks will be more willing to make a move. they're calling his bluff not to play. he'll soon be calling their bluff not to fine him for missed time. someone will blink right around September 1.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Not gonna lie. Hope we stay away from him.
1. Great player
2. Dont wanna give up picks.
3. Certainly dont wanna pay him 13m a season and hurt our cap.

If we've gotta have him, wait til 2019 when we don't have to give up a pick.

Aging player who wants top dollar, long term contract, and we have to pay a top pick for the privilege of getting this bad deal.

No.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Mentioning Earl Thomas and the word "cheap" in the same sentence are, realistically, mutually exclusive.

It's wishful thinking, pure and simple. Earl will likely make sure to end his career monetarily in grand style.

Jerry Jones probaby would have rewarded him with riches several years back. This isn't so with Stephen.

Last edited:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Can anyone point to anything BB predicted that actually became true? Also, this prediction is barely a prediction. Lots of "experts" are saying the same thing. BB gets a lot of praise for being an ex scout. He will also endlessly mention that "...in the room..." thing. I think the guy is a buffoon. His trade recommendations during the draft are idiotic. His constant push of "position flex" is idiotic. This guy was beating the drum hard for Chaz Green to be the starting G last camp. He also constantly praises Jeff Heath. Listen to the guy...he is a total buffoon. He is an ex-scout for a reason.

The only thing I like about him is that he hates Mickey. That I can get behind.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Can anyone point to anything BB predicted that actually became true? Also, this prediction is barely a prediction. Lots of "experts" are saying the same thing. BB gets a lot of praise for being an ex scout. He will also endlessly mention that "...in the room..." thing. I think the guy is a buffoon. His trade recommendations during the draft are idiotic. His constant push of "position flex" is idiotic. This guy was beating the drum hard for Chaz Green to be the starting G last camp. He also constantly praises Jeff Heath. Listen to the guy...he is a total buffoon. He is an ex-scout for a reason.

The only thing I like about him is that he hates Mickey. That I can get behind.

He predicted we would draft Leighton Vander Esch about a month before anyone else.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Maybe if we had an Earl back there, we wouldn't have teams slicing through us to close games, which has been a huge problem with this team... the defense melting down at the end of games.
Honestly, if we didn't have this issue, I think we'd have been to at least one NFC Championship in the last several years. Don't have any hard evidence to base this on, I just feel it.

And having ET back there would go a long way to helping us with this deficiency (along with coaching improvements, but that's another story)

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
He predicted we would draft Leighton Vander Esch about a month before anyone else.

The crazy thing is mark and lawnation and a couple other cowboys vloggers where sitting on their tour bus pissed off a couple days before the draft because their insider at the cowboys already informed them jerry and co were picking LVE.

Obviously they wernt big fans at first. And then I am looking on this forum at all the clueless dream draft hopes and our fellow fans just had no idea lol.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Wow. Informative.

lol, Broadass also believed that T Will was gonna be a stud receiver. He preached that every training camp. Every year was gonna be his break through year! Hey Broadus, what you think of T Wills pole break through :lmao::laugh::omg:

lostar2009

Reaction score
We'll throw high draft picks at ol' Roy Williams but choose to be judicial when it comes to Earl friggin Thomas... (*roll eyes*)

This team don't roll like that anymore. Dishing out anything above a 3rd rounder + contract is steep in today's NFL. Also note he is in the last year of his contact.