Broaddus: I think the Cowboys are going to trade for a big piece

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What team is crazy enough to deal a "big piece" Olineman preseason though? I'd love to see it happen, but the time to address that issues was April/May/June. I can see a depth or developmental piece being added, but more than that seems like a stretch.
One that has a cheaper starter on hand to replace him. Not saying I know of a team like that, but you deal from a position of strength, get a draft pick and/or player at a position of weakness for it and you're better for it. Teams are often unsure what are there positions of strength until camp.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Are you talking about the starts or backups? The starting OL is fine until Smith gets hurt. Its the depth that is the issue. There really arent "big peices" out there that fix that. If they wanted to make that kind of move, they should have months ago
They could have drafted one in the 2nd round and that would have been the right thing to do. Instead they draft a tight end which they didn't really need. So if the oline gets banged up a little, they in trouble. What you think.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Well the Cards are having a bond fire clearance sale and just got a 5th round pick for an OL and then just traded I. Simmons to the gnats.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
We should have been all over this

But, but, but....everybody says you won't be able to get a decent OL without paying through the nose. He started all year last year and PFF rated him at 75.8. That is at least an average NFL tackle rating and they traded him for a 5th. The negative for the team trading for him is he is gonna want to get paid. Honestly, would have been a great move....one year rental for a 5th at worst, on a team that has Super Bowl aspirations. I still think we should be checking out Justin Pugh, and if that isn't a possibility should have Peters on speed dial for week 2.

pitt33

Reaction score
C’mon you guys. Dallas only trades for wide receivers.

Broddaus spews this every year. I’d be surprised if any deal was made.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I won't hold my breath. The most we'll do is sign a guy off the street if somebody gets injured.