Broaddus: I think the Cowboys are going to trade for a big piece

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I would be surprised if there were any big trades now. The only trade I could see is a late round pick for a kicker or maybe a depth piece. However, I think a midseadon trade is possible depending on the state of the offensive line.

Carson

Reaction score
I would be surprised if there were any big trades now. The only trade I could see is a late round pick for a kicker or maybe a depth piece. However, I think a midseadon trade is possible depending on the state of the offensive line.
I would pick up OL, LB after cuts

Pick up the loser of Hopkins / Dicker from the Chargers.

Gambit

Reaction score
I would pick up OL, LB after cuts

Pick up the loser of Hopkins / Dicker from the Chargers.
Specifically, what has Brandon Aubrey done to warrant picking up another kicker? Just curious to the thought process on this.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Very hard to get good oline help at this point in the year… it would come at a premium, if the help was going to be ‘very good’..

I expect Howie to make a move too (shocker, I know). Probably nothing major, but we need more at LB

I do think the Cowboys need offensive line help, I just don’t see how they get great help at this point without spending a lot. It’s not just the Cowboys, every team wants depth there. Very few teams have it on the line on the offensive side.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Couple of disgruntled RBs out there that would fill the lead, but I don't know if that's reality in Dallas.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
For a team that has aspirations on a division title and further, it would be silly to let the season get derailed by OL injury so a Ron Leary / Joe Looney type would make a ton of sense.
I'm kind of leary on that deal......will that make me a looney?... . :muttley:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think it's 50/50.

Could be Dowdle. But could also be another back. I would like to see Dowdle make it. Maybe he just needed some reps and now he's ready. I liked Davis alright too. I would just want him working with the team and getting reps.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
If this is accurate, my guess would be they do something similar to what NY did amd trade for a 2020 first rounder who had their 5th year option declined. If you are going loose with definitions, you could call that a "big peice" based on 1st round pedigree. There are three that had their option declined

OT Mekhi Becton
OG(OC) Ceasar Ruiz
OT Austin Jackson

Honestly wouldn't hate trading for any of the three. Becton is probably out because he he has had a great TC/Preseason and is NY's starting RT
Get Ruiz and move Tyler to LT when Tyron goes down.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Specifically, what has Brandon Aubrey done to warrant picking up another kicker? Just curious to the thought process on this.
Well, the question should be what has Brandon Aubrey ever done to be given a free ride? He literally hasn't kicked an NFL field goal over 30 yards. Not even in preseason action. He has kicked one NFL FG and it was less than an extra point. And he missed an extra point. You people are ridiculous.