Broaddus: I think the Cowboys are going to trade for a big piece

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
In a somewhat unrelated note, the trade for Lance leaves the Cowboys with just a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 7th in next year's draft.

-4th to San Fran for Trey Lance
-5th to Kansas City to complete the trade up in the sixth round for Eric Scott
-6th to Houston to complete the trade for Brandin Cooks

They are counting on getting comp picks for Dalton Schultz and Connor McGovern I assume, but the 2024 draft looks a bit lean right now. Also wondering if they recoup a pick by moving Dante Fowler or Dorance Armstrong.
Waaay too early to be concerned with the 2024 draft.

john

Reaction score
Exactly the same boat that about 30 teams in the league is in right now. Not enough good OL. Thats why we will keep about 10 this year.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I feel pretty good about this roster. Even coming around on a few of these young lineman, but if they can get a real quality G/T to put into this mix I'll feel great about them.

Sandyf

Reaction score
The OL depth is a concern although I did like what Richards and Bass did last night, both played very well. Ball looks like he could go on IR.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I want to see Jason Peters one more time.
Have to think there are going to be some better options out there come Tuesday. But then again, "it's like anything"... there will be competition for the services of those better options. That's why you might be better to swing a trade than not. Might.

_sturt_

Reaction score
The OL depth is a concern although I did like what Richards and Bass did last night, both played very well. Ball looks like he could go on IR.

Bass had an inconsistent night from what I saw.