Broaddus: I think the Cowboys are going to trade for a big piece

Pass2Run

Reaction score
What a joke. The 49ers super costly QB draft bust is this supposed "big move"???

Cowboys seriously messed up.

If Shanahan couldn't develop Trey Lance, what makes the Cowboys think they can when they have developed no QBs in an extremely long time?
:facepalm:
I think the issue is more than that though. They have three quarterbacks and only one can play. So, they went with the best they have for now. The 9ers are a good team, but so are the Cowboys. I don't think this would be the move Broaddus was talking about. I still think there may be another RB, for some reason. IDK. Just my hunch. As always, I could be wrong.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
the big piece is yet to come. this was done first, so it becomes more forgotten, and therefore less QB questions to answer.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Lance has so much upside that one of the best teams in the league decided to peddle him to a rival for a day 3 pick after spending multiple 1sts on him just two years ago.

He's dripping with potential.
I hear your dog whistle here, dude.

_sturt_

Reaction score
To the point of the OP... and given Broaddus apparent insistence that he's still hearing murmurs...

La'el Collins anyone? I listen with some routine to 700WLW Cincinnati... they've supposedly been taking calls.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Well, the mistake was to give up 3 first round picks for him.
This is why this deal really is all upside

a 4th Rd pick for a developmental QB... it worked well last time Dallas did that

- Lance is likely farther along than Dak was in 2016.
- Zero pressure to be the 1st Round franchise savior
- He's 23. Even if he's QB3/QB2 for 2-3yrs he'll be 25-26 with 4-6 seasons possible.
- A 4th Rd pick to potentially settle the QB position for almost the next decade

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Bro a 4th is basically a comp pick. Dallas wastes 2nd’s like they going outta style.

_sturt_

Reaction score
(No offense to anyone, but there's really no law around here as far as I would know that dictates that every thread has to be thick with talk about the Lance trade.)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What team is crazy enough to deal a "big piece" Olineman preseason though? I'd love to see it happen, but the time to address that issues was April/May/June. I can see a depth or developmental piece being added, but more than that seems like a stretch.
Maybe some owner who thinks his QB "doesn't need a good offensive line" would be willing to...oh wait, never mind.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Any chance that they use Lance in a package deal for another trade?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
In a somewhat unrelated note, the trade for Lance leaves the Cowboys with just a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 7th in next year's draft.

-4th to San Fran for Trey Lance
-5th to Kansas City to complete the trade up in the sixth round for Eric Scott
-6th to Houston to complete the trade for Brandin Cooks

They are counting on getting comp picks for Dalton Schultz and Connor McGovern I assume, but the 2024 draft looks a bit lean right now. Also wondering if they recoup a pick by moving Dante Fowler or Dorance Armstrong.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
To the point of the OP... and given Broaddus apparent insistence that he's still hearing murmurs...

La'el Collins anyone? I listen with some routine to 700WLW Cincinnati... they've supposedly been taking calls.
Why?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Oh, I dunno... some people keep insisting that we're bound to swing a deal for an o-lineman... Broaddus maybe heading that list of people.
Wondering if the Cowboys can swap a DE like Fowler or Armstrong for an o-lineman.

Of course Lance could have been the move Broaddus was talking about. Not necessarily a big piece, but Lance is a big name that has the NFL talking.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Lance could have been the move Broaddus was talking about
(Scroll up a few posts in this thread, and you'll see I cited Broaddus' tweet last night where he was intimating he's still hearing there's more chatter beyond the Lance trade.)