Broaddus: I think the Cowboys are going to trade for a big piece

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What a joke. The 49ers super costly QB draft bust is this supposed "big move"???

Cowboys seriously messed up.

If Shanahan couldn't develop Trey Lance, what makes the Cowboys think they can when they have developed no QBs in an extremely long time?
:facepalm:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys traded for an athlete not a QB. This isn't a big trade. He will be the 3rd QB here this year and maybe by next year he competes with rush for the backup to Dak. The good news is the boys are willing to make a move.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dang I hope this one doesn't get shut down because it hurts the dak over the team fans.

Never try to improve, let out favorite player play forever......

AbeBeta

Reaction score
What a joke. The 49ers super costly QB draft bust is this supposed "big move"???

If Shanahan couldn't develop Trey Lance, what makes the Cowboys think they can when they have developed no QBs in an extremely long time?
Messed up?

We gave up a mid round pick for someone who is 2 seasons removed from going #3 overall. At worst, he's a weapon we can run out for two seasons as a change of pace. At best, he'll impress next pre-season and a needy team might pony up for a higher pick to bring him in.

I feel the same way about Shanny being a great coach but there is some disconnect between those guys that led to this move.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Broaddus beginning to sound like he knows something still more is on the stove.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score

He hasn’t played enough to develop
But shanahan thought enough of him to give multiple picks for him

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Odd place for a "big peice". The starting OL is essentially set. Unless you are going to look at a guy like Ceasar Ruiz to be back up OG and OC

You could upgrade any position in the OL except Martin, but is that trade out there right now?
Let's be honest....I think in the Cowboys eyes they would love to have Tyron as their swing tackle...Tyler as their starting LT....leaving a gaping hole @ LG.....Question is...who is willing to give up a starting caliber guard?

conner01

Reaction score
Yes, and thought little of him after having him for two years to waste 3 #1s and a 3rd for an ROI of a 4th pick only two years later. That says a lot to me.
For the boys it’s a low risk gamble. If he can’t develop you haven’t lost much

conner01

Reaction score
Shanahan got proven wrong. Super costly wrong. Now we've got his mistake. Smh
Time will tell if it’s a mistake but a 4th rnd pick is a pretty low risk gamble for a guy who has the physical ability to play in this league. The question is can he develop the mental ability
But even if he just becomes a solid backup it’s a steal, and if he fails it’s a small price to pay

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
but, what if this pick shakes daks fragile ego and he goes into a slump and starts him kids in the stadium with errant passes? You guys will remember the day you were happy with this pick.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Messed up?

We gave up a mid round pick for someone who is 2 seasons removed from going #3 overall. At worst, he's a weapon we can run out for two seasons as a change of pace. At best, he'll impress next pre-season and a needy team might pony up for a higher pick to bring him in.

I feel the same way about Shanny being a great coach but there is some disconnect between those guys that led to this move.

Makes no sense to not like this Lance trade.

This was a great trade.

Lance is 23 with high high upside still.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lance has so much upside that one of the best teams in the league decided to peddle him to a rival for a day 3 pick after spending multiple 1sts on him just two years ago.

He's dripping with potential.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Broaddus: I think the Cowboys are going to trade for a big piece. I think he ment, a big pizza for MIke.