Twitter: Broaddus is skeptical OL coach is replaced

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not protecting anyone here but how many years has McCarthy and staff been in Dallas? 2 years, not 10 years, and not 26 years. People are acting as if it is the same old yet this is not Garrett and staff, these coaches have been here a whole 2 year, people need to chill. If this is how fans operate that a team gets 1 to 2 season and then need to be fired then good luck with that because you will not win jack by constantly firing coaches at a whim

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not protecting anyone here but how many years has McCarthy and staff been in Dallas? 2 years, not 10 years, and not 26 years. People are acting as if it is the same old yet this is not Garrett and staff, these coaches have been here a whole 2 year, people need to chill. If this is how fans operate that a team gets 1 to 2 season and then need to be fired then good luck with that because you will not win jack by constantly firing coaches at a whim
Coming off a 12 win season at that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
thats fair. I think the media overrates the team each year and feeds the beast, which is we fans. Gives us false reality. The truth is, we haven't been good enough since 2017. The fans get set up for failure like clockwork by the media,when they largely realize we aren't elite. It makes for better ratings and storylines. Reality is, we need t get better in the trenches before we can be considered a SB quality team. If u watched the playoffs this year, all the teams were great inside... and physical. We haven't been that since 2016...maybe even 2014. We imposed our will in 2014,2016. It starts with the oline. We are a soft finesse team presently.

links18

Reaction score
we all crowned philbin for being a guru by midseason because Steele was much improved. Now we wanna can him? This is 1 move I'm not gonna get mad at. He's a decent Coach. Are there better? probably..but hey.

Which was the mistake? Probably crowning him at mid season. The same people doing that already had us in the Super Bowl.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Doesn’t Broaddus have a beef with the FO? How objective is he, really?
bingo. He really has sour grapes and I try to take anything he says Dallas Cowboy related with 2 grains of salt. Not sure what happened exactly, but u can def. see some negative vibes when he talks about the team and .F.O

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Same guy that was getting praise for getting Steele ready this year is the guy needing replacement, right?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Coming off a 12 win season at that.

I agree. I was not happy with everything I saw but I also know our fans and some like to take out frustrations on people who had nothing to do with the 26 years they talk about. McCarthy and staff here for 2 years grade in based on that in at least in my view his 2 years as mention 6-10 year 1, 12-5 year 2, so you bet I give him and his staff some breathing room heading into year 3. It makes no sense taking frustration because of our ex coach

J_Allen

Reaction score
He hires his friends, no matter how bad they are at coaching.

I am so done with this team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Same guy that was getting praise for getting Steele ready this year is the guy needing replacement, right?
and Bryan B. wants him replaced. Strange. Now if we can clearly upgrade.... who would be available? Callahan? Munchak? otherwise is a lateral move.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
thats fair. I think the media overrates the team each year and feeds the beast, which is we fans. Gives us false reality. The truth is, we haven't been good enough since 2017. The fans get set up for failure like clockwork by the media,when they largely realize we aren't elite. It makes for better ratings and storylines. Reality is, we need t get better in the trenches before we can be considered a SB quality team. If u watched the playoffs this year, all the teams were great inside... and physical. We haven't been that since 2016...maybe even 2014. We imposed our will in 2014,2016. It starts with the oline. We are a soft finesse team presently.

In my view with the OL Williams was never able to elevate his game, he did alright but as we saw especially with issues at center he struggled with holding. When you had Looney there a vet center he could help take some pressure off Williams but with Biadasz having issues as well it caused a lot more problems. I could say it was all Philban or I could just say that these 2 players have not produced as they were expected to.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I agree. I was not happy with everything I saw but I also know our fans and some like to take out frustrations on people who had nothing to do with the 26 years they talk about. McCarthy and staff here for 2 years grade in based on that in at least in my view his 2 years as mention 6-10 year 1, 12-5 year 2, so you bet I give him and his staff some breathing room heading into year 3. It makes no sense taking frustration because of our ex coach
Agree completely. I'm not happy at all about how the season ended, however winning 12 games in year 2 isnt freak out and fire everyone not happy. Most of the failures of this team falls on Jerry/Stephen and the mismanagement of the salary cap. If we werent going into the offseason probably facing the decision of losing multiple impactful players to Free Agency in addition to possibly deciding between DLaw or Cooper this board would be a lot more willing to retool and try again. It's the fact that retooling is going to be mostly done with rookies and budget FAs that people are really upset and left feeling hopeless about.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Here's my confusion, many posters have agreed we are not getting high level performance from any OLmen except Martin and maybe Tyron ( WHEN he plays ). We've seen several post suggesting we use our 1st round pick on C or G, let Connor Williams walk and trade Collins. Bottom line, many are saying most of the talent level of our five OL is trash but we also want a new OL coach?

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Here's my confusion, many posters have agreed we are not getting high level performance from any OLmen except Martin and my Tyron ( WHEN he plays ). We've seen several post suggesting we use our 1st round pick on C or G, let Connor Williams walk and trade Collins. Bottom line, many are saying most of the talent level of our five OL is trash but we also want a new OL coach?
And a new OC, new HC, new ST coach, new Strength and conditioning coach, new QB, New RBs, and on and on and on. Very easy to forget this team actually won 12 games last year, and some things actually went OK.