Video: Broaddus not happy with Kellen Moore/offense

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Peyton Manning said the Colts offense wasn’t overly creative when he was there. Teams always knew where Marvin Harrison was. He never went in motion. But when the QB can process the defense and receivers win 1 on 1, it’s a moot point.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Have you ever noticed how Broaddus' insight is really bad? I mean, if he knew what he was talking about, he'd still be a scout. The fact he's a former scout with so much love and interest for the game should tell you he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I like listening to him, because he's entertaining and offers a different perspective. But I don't put much value in how he sees things. Other than when he has some insider info or something to that effect.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
bottom line is jerry should get a new OC or let mike take over and keep kellen on as a assitant off coach, you know OC in training.
I might even put kellen on defense, let him learn def from quinn, and it would help him later as a OC.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still remember reading the post game comments of the buccaneers defenders on opening night. They consistently said the Cowboys offense- especially the passing game routes are super predictable and easy to identify.

The 49er defenders said some similar statements after the playoff loss last year. They were saying that the route trees our receivers use are super simple. Lots of comeback routes, very few crossing routes that pick defenders and even fewer creative routes that take advantage of a player’s skills.

We still have a very vanilla offense that is not that difficult to prepare for. Just ask our opponents.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Broaddus, Shan, and Bobby Belt start off discussing WR trade targets, but Broaddus detours into a rant about the offense. Says there's still a lack of creativity compared to other offenses. OC not utlizing enough concepts to get WRs open in space. Route combinations don't maximize WR strengths like KC/Buffalo. Doesn't seem too enamored with trading for a WR if they're just going to inject him in a system that is not WR friendly.

Does he have a point? Or is this just a result of poor QB play?

Of course he has a point. There are reasons beyond just the elite QB's at as to why these offenses are so great.

Mannix

Reaction score
I am still waiting for apologies after calling this two months ago a bottom 5 WR corp, and taking on some hate for it....not to mention being told over and over that I was overrating Cedric Wilson...the guilty can just buy me a cold one. :D

Ken

Reaction score
People complaining about scheme need to understand this scheme is built for Dak. Can't blame scheme when it's built to maximize Dak.
The scheme is built for Mahomes too.

The scheme is built for Herbert.

It means nothing if they have no real philosophy instead of just mashing plays together

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The scheme is built for Dak. So what's the issue? The answer. QB limitations limit scheme. Can't have receivers running all over the formation bc Dak will never get through the progressions to find them even though he holds the ball longer than needed.
Go watch the video from Voch Lombardi in the thread I created. Ex-players who know football breakdown tape and disagree with you.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Broaddus, Shan, and Bobby Belt start off discussing WR trade targets, but Broaddus detours into a rant about the offense. Says there's still a lack of creativity compared to other offenses. OC not utlizing enough concepts to get WRs open in space. Route combinations don't maximize WR strengths like KC/Buffalo. Doesn't seem too enamored with trading for a WR if they're just going to inject him in a system that is not WR friendly.

That means that Moore is great because it's always best to believe the opposite of Broaddus opinions.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Broaddus, Shan, and Bobby Belt start off discussing WR trade targets, but Broaddus detours into a rant about the offense.
Says there's still a lack of creativity compared to other offenses. OC not utlizing enough concepts to get WRs open in space. Route combinations don't maximize WR strengths like KC/Buffalo. Doesn't seem too enamored with trading for a WR if they're just going to inject him in a system that is not WR friendly.

I believe it would be more productive to trade for a better OC than trading for a WR.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Most coaches, players and Gms also said Romo was a good QB and u couldnt wait to get rid of him

YOU DONT KNOW FOOTBALL OLD MAN
ROMO WENT HOLLYWOOD AND WASTED HIS BEST YEARS. You know it. Everyone knows it. It simply breaks your heart to admit it because of your man-crush. You don't know football, kid.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score

I concur! At times, it seems like we are still running JG's offense. No reason no rhyme.