Video: Broaddus: The Cowboys stole one with Damone Clark

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Has Broaddus been right about anything lately? I listen to him on the Break and his opponent scouting reports are always wrong. Half the players that he would have cut are starters on the team. Iesha on GirlTalk BoyTalk has a better understanding of the team then he does.:huh:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
My goodness, I admit I've never seen him play but keep reading/hearing how good he is. Is he really that good?

Edit..... This helps, seems like a good kid with his head in the right places

Watching this video, I’m not super impressed. Looks like a good LB. I hope his game translates well to the NFL, but if that was a highlight film, he didn’t look like a thumper nor was his closing speed in the same universe as Parsons. I don’t see a first round pick, but if he can play like a second or third rounder, great!

What I really want to see is a MLB thumper with instincts who can control the run game, even if he leaves the field on 3rd down.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Who knows how good is he going to be with a stiff neck? Certainly the wolf hunter became the teen wolf after the surgery, lets wait and see.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I don’t like the hyping up before he even stepped The practice field, let alone the field on Sunday.

all our draft picks get hyped initially. They used to say good things about Ball too once upon time.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It would be nice to have another attacking LB versus a reactive LB (LVE).

That's what i kept thinking when watching him play. That should be how LVE should be playing, fierce and attacking. But he doesn't have the speed to the sidelines and he doesn't have the instinct to plug the right holes. Great thing is they can play Clark and Parsons at the same time. Different positions. Cox needs to get his you know what together to get on the field, Barr ain't exactly lighting it up. Misses too many tackles due to being out of position. Cox/Clark/Parsons would be awesome.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
This is crazy. He ranked somewhere in the second tier of a very deep group of LBs available in this year's draft. Most had him going somewhere between rounds 2 and 4. Yes, he was a steal in the 5th. No, they shouldn't be talking about him as though he's anywhere near the prospect Micah was. Pure pom-pom waving.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
All you had to do was listen to CowboyRoy talk about him after the draft buddy. This was my steal of the draft for us. :thumbup:

This kid is the anti LVE. We get him up and going for the 2nd half of the season and it could be that big missing piece to take this defense to that elite level. Get LVE out of there and put in Clark and you have something. Or we can also play Micah more at DE.
Nobody listens to CowboyRoy.

Kidding aside, he has some of that Parson closing speed.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My goodness, I admit I've never seen him play but keep reading/hearing how good he is. Is he really that good?

Many had him as a firm 2nd rd prospect, before the injury was discovered.

XXLMike

Reaction score
What exactly is this “ practice window “ ? 21 days or what ? Is the player shut down after 21 days if not activated?

fansince68

Reaction score

Jaylon had a great head and personality when we drafted him injured out of Notre Dame. We will see.

CWR

Reaction score
This is a pretty hyped up pick. Maybe it's a Jaylon make up selection?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Make no mistake, I liked the Clark pick but I'm going to to tap the brakes on whether he was a steal for them since I heard that same thing about Randy Gregory and Jaylon Smith