Video: Broaddus: The Cowboys stole one with Damone Clark

SlammedZero

Reaction score
He certainly has a ton of potential. Time will tell. I'm not sure how quickly he can get on the field to play, but it would great to see how he would fit in Quinn's defense.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
When’s the last time an injury-gamble player paid off for us?

Jaylon Smith was one, and uhhh… yeah.

Still waiting on Jabril Cox to touch the field as well.

I hope this kid can show up and do well, but no sense in thinking he could be the missing piece when he’s missing pieces of his spine.

Loso86

Reaction score
My goodness, I admit I've never seen him play but keep reading/hearing how good he is. Is he really that good?

Edit..... This helps, seems like a good kid with his head in the right places

He is a good one, but only time will tell just how good and if it will translate with his injury

Creeper

Reaction score
I need to see him play at least a little bit against NFL level talent. From his highlights, he looks like he will attack the LOS which is a big plus for Dallas. I thought Cox was the same way. On the negative side,and not a big negative, he looks like a bit of an arm tackler which is not a huge deal but it could hurt him against stronger runners in the NFL. It is also something easy to correct.

I really believe next year and and Cox will be starting for Dallas. LVE and Barr will be gone.

Majic

Reaction score
I listened to Broaddus today on his podcast today and one comment he made that made my ears prick up was that he thinks neither Barr or LVE will be on the roster next year and he also said he thought Barr could be a healthy scratch in the weeks to come.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
We have our faults as an organization and a lot based on the championship drought, but we draft well that’s for sure. I trust our scouts. Dude’s probably gonna be an impact player.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I listened to Broaddus today on his podcast today and one comment he made that made my ears prick up was that he thinks neither Barr or LVE will be on the roster next year and he also said he thought Barr could be a healthy scratch in the weeks to come.
The following are Barr's percentage of snaps played per game this season.
- Does it appear that he'll be healthy scratch anytime soon?
- Barr has been just ok, but Dan Quinn appears to like having him on the field.

G# …. Pct
1 …... 56%
2 …... 87%
3 …... 61%
4 …... 70%

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My goodness, I admit I've never seen him play but keep reading/hearing how good he is. Is he really that good?

Edit..... This helps, seems like a good kid with his head in the right places

Have been excited about this pic since draft day. Super happy to hear he's way ahead of schedule to return. The dude is a baller who will make this swarming defense even better. LVE, Barr and Cox are all on notice, their jobs are on the line because he's taking one of them, soon.

Prior to the revelation of the neck/back issue, he was my favorite off-ball LB in the 2022 draft.

I kept reviewing game footage of Clark and comparing to Dean & Lloyd.
- I just didn't see Dean or Lloyd as better NFL prospects.
- I had Damone Clark and Quay Walker as #1 and #2.

My favorite player in the 2022 draft was Tyler Smith and that has working out well at this point.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
SpiritedAcrobaticGoldfinch-size_restricted.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't follow college ball, so I have no idea how good he is. I heard from a lot of folks that Jabril Cox was going to be good. It looks like he's had trouble getting on the field. that said, I absolutely haven't written him off. But, I'm wondering if Clark can actually be a solid player. Are there any of you with a dissenting opinion?

I want to buy in.

Cox was taken in the fourth round because there were legitimate questions about his ability to play the run. He was considered an outstanding coverage linebacker, though. And I haven't really noticed any limitations against the run in the preseason.

Clark seems to have slipped to the fifth round strictly because of his injury. He showed in college a better all-around game than Cox, and some feel he would have been a second-round pick if he had been healthy.

I think with Cox, Dallas just decided to give him another season of seasoning considering his supposed shortcomings and he missed most of last year because of his injury. He also was slowed a little this preseason, so not rushing his development may be the way to go.

It's possible that both LVE and Barr will not be on the roster after this season since they are on one-year deals, so ideally both Cox and Clark are ready to step in this year. If they can step at some point this year and improve those positions, that would be even better.

Praxit

Reaction score
..ok, whatever, .....sounds good to me.

Lets see what all the talk is about. ;)