Broaddus to Stephen Jones: "If you love Dak so much why doesn't he have a deal?"

basel90

Reaction score
Yeah, there is no wrong or right on this, per say. I mean, Dak is a Cowboy and Jerry is the Owner of our team. At some point, Stephen is going to fill that role, so I mean, it's all kinda same, same.......

I want Dak to do well and I want the team to be solid, cap wise, so what does that leave us right? Honestly, I suspect that the separation of France and Dak is a big part of this. I don't get the feeling that Jerry or Stephen ever really loved France. There is a lot of history there, the entire Romo thing was all a France deal and lets face it, Tony made out on those deals and the team took it in the shorts with very little to show for it. I think the team was ready to play hard ball with Dak because they flat didn't like the way France did business. Now, that's just my feeling on things, I have nothing to support that opinion other then the teams willingness to share much info and seemingly be much more open to negotiating since France has seemingly left the picture.

JMO
Very true . Seems Stephen does not want to deal with France and was bitten before by overpaying and losing talent because of overpaying the QB . Did Dak retain France after he left CAA ? Or is Dak now represented by CAA?

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
The big uncertainty is how much the cap will go up or down.

Why don't they scale his contract to a percentage of the cap? If they're worried about an expanded roster, scale it by that too.

It's not rocket science to write a contract that tracks whatever uncertain quantities are holding up a deal. There will still be room for disagreement, but taking uncertainty of the future out of that disagreement should help narrow it.
Two words: Todd France

No way his agent would ever go for a deal like that even though it makes sense to us as fans.

Stephen's answer shows that they are really concerned with what is going to happen to revenue and the salary cap due to Covid.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We do not know the exact offer. Reading around and piecing together what was actually said by Stephen/Jerry the offer was circa $35-$36 million a season. Some reports had the guaranteed money at $111 million. Again neither of us know and we aren't exactly $50 million apart over a 5 year deal!

Misinformation? In my post I stated the offer was in the range of $175-$180 million over 5 years. You stated it was $175 over 5 years!

So here is a question for you - would you rather we lost Amari Cooper and paid Prescott what he wants?

The whole point is that the front office want to keep quality players around Prescott. We all saw Watson without Hopkins on Friday. This obviously looked even worse because he also has a trash o-line but the same point applies.

We already lost Byron Jones to pay Prescott and the front office didn't want to lose Cooper as well.
Byron jones isnt good. And you and everyone were told both amari and dak could have gotten done. Tbh amarinand dak should have been done after 2018 and zeke and jaylon should have been done this offseason.

Also its out there as fact that that was the offer. Stop lying to support a narrative.

kskboys

Reaction score
Byron jones isnt good. And you and everyone were told both amari and dak could have gotten done. Tbh amarinand dak should have been done after 2018 and zeke and jaylon should have been done this offseason.

Also its out there as fact that that was the offer. Stop lying to support a narrative.
Stephen tried to pay Dak after 2018. Dak wouldn't negotiate. That's also out there as fact, ED.

kskboys

Reaction score
Very true . Seems Stephen does not want to deal with France and was bitten before by overpaying and losing talent because of overpaying the QB . Did Dak retain France after he left CAA ? Or is Dak now represented by CAA?
Unless this is abnormal, France wouldn't be allowed to retain Dak. Of course, I would imagine it's different in this line of work.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I read they had a handshake deal last September. If that's the case. Play him 1 more year on the tag and walk away from him...Draft a QB and let McCarthy develop him. Dak is NOT elite. He has to be surrounded by all pros. Imagine if Romo had these weapons this early on in his career...
Romo was a CHOKER!!! You can't fix that, and it was proven! Get over Romo already.

blueblood70

Reaction score
cause he is one Stingy SOB
thats it the jonses are cheap but every player got paid except dak, why?

short answer dak wasn't playing ball with the team friendly deal and years like EVERY OTHER PLAYER DID...

Daks being more stingy because whats he giving the DC? nothing but a headache during negotiations, what did the Jones' give Dak? employment that garnered him 36mil in pay over 5 years , ridiculous endorsement opportunity's and this FTW , a deal at least 35 mil over 5 years , many offers for huge money..offering a man 106mil guaranteed for 5 years of throwing a football is hardly being CHEAP..check yourself

Daks not signed because Daks decided he wont budge , thats it..whomever is right or wrong i dont give two flicks..

but for sure the Jones's have never been cheapo, as an employer with a budget ie the cap and a plan they have more right to structure that any way they feel fit..

they are his employer they sign the checks and they have made him rich and famous..

Next...

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why is this news? He said nothing. No new info whatsoever. It takes two sides to agree to a deal, yet many want to assign blame for no deal to one side. Meanwhile Dak is the QB and going nowhere and opening day is tomorrow and people want to argue over what didn't happen two years ago...

Swagger

Reaction score

The front office wanted to work on Zeke's contract later than they did but he forced their hand. They didn't have much option but to offer him a new contract at that time if they wanted to keep him.

Byron Jones is an All Pro corner who very rarely gave up big plays. The lack of interceptions could partly be attributed to the defensive scheme and lack of ball hawks around him. The ball wasn't being thrown his way all that often.

I much prefer a player who doesn't get burned time after time after time but has 4 interceptions over the season - probably with 2 of those effectively having the same result as a punt on 4th down.

What narrative am I trying to support!? I have been very fair to Prescott in this thread and haven't attached blame to either. So have you got a copy of the written offer? No, well then we do not know exactly what the offer actually was hence why we try to add up all the pieces.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Stephen tried to pay Dak after 2018. Dak wouldn't negotiate. That's also out there as fact, ED.

Cowboys were lowballing Dak after 2018. That is why a deal didn't get done. And basically every contract signed after that point proves they gave Dak low offers.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo was a CHOKER!!! You can't fix that, and it was proven! Get over Romo already.

24 Fourth Quarter Comebacks, 29 Game-Winning Drives

COWBOYS 24, LIONS 20
Jan. 4, 2014

In the only postseason come-from-behind win led by Romo, the Cowboys erased a 20-7 second-half deficit in the wild-card round. The winning score came with 2:32 left, when Romo bought time in the pocket before finding Williams in the back of the end zone for an 8-yard score. Romo passed for a playoff career high of 293 yards.

And this....this isn't "choking"...it's LEADING your team at crunch time:

And if you as a Romo hater...can stand to watch every TD in his career:

cern

Reaction score
I think byron jones was more an amari casualty than a dak casualty. Amari was just deemed to be more important to the team than was byron. I agree.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
well, the statement lacks any intelligence, so maybe thats why you are having difficulty with it?

I'm gonna say 50/50 on this one. I suspect that what you say here probably has some truth to it. On the other hand, I'm often verging on stupid a lot of times so half of it could just be me.

:laugh:

Guess I'm going with too close to call for the moment.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

As of now, I believe that CAA is still representing Dak but France is not his agent. I believe Tom Condon has stepped in to pick up the representation, on behalf of CAA for Dak, with the team. But that, to my knowledge, has only been mentioned, I have not seen that reported as fact.

Big D

Reaction score

COWBOYS 24, LIONS 20
Jan. 4, 2014

In the only postseason come-from-behind win led by Romo, the Cowboys erased a 20-7 second-half deficit in the wild-card round. The winning score came with 2:32 left, when Romo bought time in the pocket before finding Williams in the back of the end zone for an 8-yard score. Romo passed for a playoff career high of 293 yards.

I don't get all the Romo and Dak hate. Romo is awesome as is Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

COWBOYS 24, LIONS 20
Jan. 4, 2014

LMAO!!!!!!!!
:lmao::laugh::laugh::lmao::laugh::lmao:

Seriously???

Is this what you're thumping your chest about? :facepalm:

As a rookie and in his 1st ever playoff game,, Dak threw for 302 yards and 3 TDs after the team being down by 3 scores (18 points) halfway through the 2nd quarter, only for Dak to help bring the team back and tie the game at 31 - 31 with 34 seconds left! This against the at-the-time best QB in the game of football in Aaron Rodgers and the playoffs & SB winning proven Green Bay Packers and their head coach, Mike McCarthy, who is now our new head coach!

Our Cowboys would have gone into overtime and likely won had our Defense shown up at all all game long.

But you want to use Romo's 13 point come from behind performance against a lesser team in the Detroit Lions to bang your chest on? The same Romo who never reached 300 yards passing or ever threw for more than 2 TDs during 6 career playoff games he started in?
:lmao::facepalm::muttley::facepalm::lmao: