Broaddus: Trade Rumor

Galian Beast

Reaction score
One place I really want depth is CB. BTW the current depth at Safety is Heath and McCray which should scare you. Wait to see what shakes loose at end of August at RB.

They aren't safety depth, they are special teams players. I'd be surprised if both make the team.

1. scandrick 2. carr 3. claiborne 4. jones 5. patmon 6. white

1. church 2. wilcox 3. mccray 4. heath

that's 10 DBs... I'm thinking they keep 9.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I could see that. IMO, we only have two NFL caliber safeties on the roster so I would understand that.

Yeah. Not that I'm thrilled about it, but I think they keep Heath too, mainly for special teams. But what I don't want to see is Danny (defensive liability) McCray on the 53.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I think we keep all 6 CB since 2 can also play safety. My guess is that Heath gets cut or McCray gets cut. I don't see any need to keep two ST aces especially since one of them will be inactive on game day, I am almost certain.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Blount, despite his baggage, would be a nice complimentary piece for their RBC. I can buy the idea of a committee, but that seems like something that demands a variety of siill sets. The three guys they have right now seem to overlap in their strengths.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They better not trade Patmon away... that guy is going to be a good player.

Claiborne? I would mind way less with him. Patmon has the exact mental make-up Dallas wants on their team.

Im with you but if we could get a Defensive Tackle with a bit of upside i'd do it.

Safety? ehhhh.. They better be a good one.

RB? I'd take that too if it's a guy like Kniles Davis or Tre Mason.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Blount, despite his baggage, would be a nice complimentary piece for their RBC. I can buy the idea of a committee, but that seems like something that demands a variety of siill sets. The three guys they have right now seem to overlap in their strengths.

Blounts an idiot and Belichick has been the only coach to get productivity out of that guy.

Titleist

Reaction score
Trading with one of the few teams that has worse RB's than us doesn't sound like a bright idea to me.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Cut Carr and his contract, after watching jones cover des on that video, I think he's gonna turn out spectacular, and the other corners are sounding more than capable to fill the void of a ridiculously overpaid corner.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Unless that team calling has a big time RB that they're willing to hand over to us I'd rather we keep our CB depth.

Forte is the only "bigtime" RB I think could even possibly get moved because the Bears really aren't expected to do much.

The rest play on pretty good teams.

We could've just taken Leveon Bell over Gavin Escobar *ducks*

Cowboys22

Reaction score
No need to trade solid depth at CB or OL right now. Camp and preseason games can erode that depth in a blink of the eye. A team wanting to contend does not sacrifice quality depth for future draft picks and unless someone is offering a very good starting caliber RB or S, then no way. Why trade now when its likely similar players will be available after final cuts?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's training camp, every team prolly is getting calls from other teams.

Garret said today [in season ticket holder press conference] when asked about bringing guys in for workouts. He said yes, had 2 today, 3 a few days ago, and 3 before that. As a team you always bring in guys to workout to see if you can improve the team. Plus as guys get injured, you need to have players available to bring in.

So yes, that goes along with teams probably calling other teams all the time about possibilities.