Broaddus: Trade Rumor

mickswag

Reaction score
He said something similar but a little different on Cowboys Break. He said he thinks they could move a third round pick for an RB. He said he was talking to someone from a team earlier who said they were looking for a CB and they probably had an RB to offer. Broaddus then says he thinks Patmon would be a good trade asset and could be moved for an RB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He said something similar but a little different on Cowboys Break. He said he thinks they could move a third round pick for an RB. He said he was talking to someone from a team earlier who said they were looking for a CB and they probably had an RB to offer. Broaddus then says he thinks Patmon would be a good trade asset and could be moved for an RB.

A 3rd round pick for an RB... That better be a top 10 NFL RB.

Who are some elite RB's with low contracts?

THE*LAW

Reaction score
I have a feeling it could be the Buccaneers. They lost Revis last year and also need safety help. Most of thier DBs are young guys with limited playing time (-Verner). They also have a few nice productive backs in Martin, Rainey and James. I for one would love to see what Doug Martin could do behind this line.

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

RS12

Reaction score
A 3rd round pick for an RB... That better be a top 10 NFL RB.

Who are some elite RB's with low contracts?

This. That is a lot to give up for a RB with tread wear.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Right now we seem to have A LOT of depth at CB. Of course, we have to wait to see if it translates into games, but look at our lineup:

Carr - veteran
Scandrick - veteran
Jones - 1st round pick
Claiborne - looking as good (in camp) as he has ever looked
Patmon - looking stronger in camp after surprising UDFA rookie season
White - getting strong feedback in camp

I do not know if you can make a case for Dallas having ELITE top end CB talent. But our # 5 and #6 cornerback maybe the strongest 5 and 6 in the league.

You only say that because you know little or nothing about the other 31 teams 5 and 6 DB

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
I'm sure not interested in trading valuable depth for future draft picks. That's not what a championship contender does. If anything, we trade future picks to other teams to put us over the hump!

It's really a question of how serious we are at making a run, and considering Romo's age, we should be pretty damn serious. You're right, at this point in time we should be buyers for the next couple of years.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
If they are going to trade for a RB they need to be better then the FAs out there.

frickster

Reaction score
I hate the idea of giving up a cb. Its a long preseason and longer season. Look how long its taking us to get depth at that spot.

robjay04

Reaction score
If they are going to trade for a RB they need to be better then the FAs out there.

Only player I would reaslistically consider for any of our corners would be Montee Ball. Of course I would consider an AP or a Charles but Ball is realistic and could be a great fit and acquiring him would be realistic.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
There's no way Claiborne and Patmon have much trade value, but Claiborne could possibly be coming into his own and Patmon looks good. So I don't know why we'd trade either of them unless someone overvalues one of them.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'm not saying I'd give him away, but we do need to entertain the idea of trading Mo if someone is willing to offer something good for him. Realistically speaking, this is his last year in Dallas because he either a.) plays poorly and we let him walk or b.) he plays well and out prices himself out of the range we are willing to pay. There is no option that ends with us resigning him, too hard to look past the three years of mediocre (and some times worse) play.

Now, I am more than comfortable keeping him, but if a team is offering a 3rd or 4th rounder, which may not be realistic, then we at least need to consider it.