Broaddus: Trade Rumor

jnday

Reaction score
If we are talking about trading our 5th or 6th CB and the coaches feel it's close between the two players(Claiborne and Patmon), I'd trade them for a draft pick. We aren't keeping 6 CB's.

Trading Claiborne would not be a bad ideal. IIRC, isn't his cap hit pretty high?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Trading Claiborne would not be a bad ideal. IIRC, isn't his cap hit pretty high?

It's a wash. He counts the same if he's on the roster this year that he would if he was cut or traded. His contract is guaranteed though so if he was cut, Jerry still writes him a check for his $2.6M base salary. If he was traded, the new team assumes the 2015 salary (and guarantee).

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It's a wash. He counts the same if he's on the roster this year that he would if he was cut or traded. His contract is guaranteed though so if he was cut, Jerry still writes him a check for his $2.6M base salary. If he was traded, the new team assumes the 2015 salary (and guarantee).

according to overthecap he'd cost half as much

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sounds to me like our camp is being watched... and other teams agree: This team has some real talent at CB.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Seriously, Carr! Way too much money and we are stacked at DB from what it's sounding. Scan, jones, patmon Claiborne Are all apparently looking amazing, going against dez and Bailey will help.I wish to God we would have been the ones to trade for Brandon Marshall. Dez and Marshall, and Beasley.....and the corner battles in camp..... We would have the best receiving core and DB core when it's all said and done

Sandyf

Reaction score
For now just a rumor but frankly the Patmon is playing and what his salary is the next two years, I would trade Claiborne but not for a RB. In fact, I think if we do trade a CB, it will be for a high draft pick. The Claiborne is practicing, if it's the Pats we might get for more than you would think for him.

Frankly, I'm waiting until after the 3rd preseason game and if our CBs are doing great and the Pats (or any other team) have to have one, then sure here's Claiborne for a 1st and 3rd in 2016. In Pats case it would have to be 2nd and 3rd in 2016 and 1st in 2017 considering they have no 1st round pick in 2016.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Im with you but if we could get a Defensive Tackle with a bit of upside i'd do it.

Safety? ehhhh.. They better be a good one.

RB? I'd take that too if it's a guy like Kniles Davis or Tre Mason.

I would take Easley for sure. Really wanted him 2 years ago

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

His base salary hits the cap unless he is traded and then it does not. Look at the multi-year cap, not just this year.

Jenky

Reaction score
For now just a rumor but frankly the Patmon is playing and what his salary is the next two years, I would trade Claiborne but not for a RB. In fact, I think if we do trade a CB, it will be for a high draft pick. The Claiborne is practicing, if it's the Pats we might get for more than you would think for him.

Frankly, I'm waiting until after the 3rd preseason game and if our CBs are doing great and the Pats (or any other team) have to have one, then sure here's Claiborne for a 1st and 3rd in 2016. In Pats case it would have to be 2nd and 3rd in 2016 and 1st in 2017 considering they have no 1st round pick in 2016.

IMO he's worth a 5-6 round pick. 4th at best. He can't stay healthy, plays soft, and he has 1 year left on his deal.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

I don't think Patriots would give up 1st and 3rd or 2nd, 3rd and 1st for Claiborne. If they offered Easley DL and 3rd or 4th I would take it though

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

No offense, but Claiborne isn't anywhere near that valuable.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would be stupid to trade one our CB's. It's a very valuable position. Teams are going with 4 and sometimes 5 receiver sets. You can't have too many CB's. You have to plan for emergencies.

Plankton

Reaction score

Milliner was running behind Revis, Cromartie and Buster Skrine, and the Jets also signed Marcus Gilchrist, who could play corner in a pinch (though they have him slotted as a safety). I doubt the Jets would be fishing that hard when they are pretty solid at the position with or without Milliner.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Seriously, Carr! Way too much money and we are stacked at DB from what it's sounding. Scan, jones, patmon Claiborne Are all apparently looking amazing, going against dez and Bailey will help.I wish to God we would have been the ones to trade for Brandon Marshall. Dez and Marshall, and Beasley.....and the corner battles in camp..... We would have the best receiving core and DB core when it's all said and done

Nobody is going to want Carr at his salary. Nobody.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It would be stupid to trade one our CB's. It's a very valuable position. Teams are going with 4 and sometimes 5 receiver sets. You can't have too many CB's. You have to plan for emergencies.

This. Can't remember getting thru much of the season without a key injury or so to a DB esp CB. We need depth. This may be the year so I'd be looking to pick up talent not give it away.

Now, IF they think they have someone on the roster not mentioned who can play the 4-5 CB position then you could consider a trade. I don't know the cap implications of Claiborne. And I suspect they are hoping to get some goody out of him this year.

You can't answer yes or no without knowing a whole lot more but instincts say 'hell no'.