Broaddus: Trade Rumor

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You people thinking Mo returns anything of great value in a trade are out of your minds. His track record is zero and a few praises from the early days of camp don't do much for a players value. If anyone is calling to discuss him, it's in the hope of stealing him for next to nothing. If anyone is calling to discuss Patmon, I hope they laugh and hang up. If he is who the reports say and he is super cheap for the next 3 years, then he is priceless and not worth trading.

Primetime42

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. Not now, anyway. Someone is guaranteed to go down at some point and in this passing league I want as many capable bodies as we can carry.

Plus, Jones' and White's versatility is huge in this case, as has already been noted.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Milliner was running behind Revis, Cromartie and Buster Skrine, and the Jets also signed Marcus Gilchrist, who could play corner in a pinch (though they have him slotted as a safety). I doubt the Jets would be fishing that hard when they are pretty solid at the position with or without Milliner.

Yes, they appear to be very deep at CB. They signed Skrine as a free agent for 6M per and he projects to be #3.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't want to trade CB depth for RB depth at this point in camp. Maybe as we get closer to cutdowns if a guy we've got below the line looks like he could bring in a backup at a position of need in return.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
What if a RB goes down?

What if Dan Bailey gets hurt?

We have a 53-man roster. We can't go 6 deep at every position.

Running backs are a dime a dozen, see at the end of camp when a dozen veterans will be available from around the league, same with Kickers, good corners aren't...and Claiborne is coming off a very series injury,,,,it's that simple!

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
This morning on the fan Broaddus said a "Prominent" team has contacted the Cowboys and inquired about their depth at CB. They are intrigued by Claiborne and Patmon. He wouldn't disclose who the team was but im guessing it might be the patriots . They really need help at CB. Problem is they(Pats) don't have much at RB.

They can keep their cheating hands off Pattmon.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
One place I really want depth is CB. BTW the current depth at Safety is Heath and McCray which should scare you. Wait to see what shakes loose at end of August at RB.

Bryon Jones can play there too

robjay04

Reaction score
I'm not saying I'd give him away, but we do need to entertain the idea of trading Mo if someone is willing to offer something good for him. Realistically speaking, this is his last year in Dallas because he either a.) plays poorly and we let him walk or b.) he plays well and out prices himself out of the range we are willing to pay. There is no option that ends with us resigning him, too hard to look past the three years of mediocre (and some times worse) play.

Now, I am more than comfortable keeping him, but if a team is offering a 3rd or 4th rounder, which may not be realistic, then we at least need to consider it.

He could play himself into a one year deal. I don't think any team is going to give him the long term contract he will want if he has a good season so he may settle for a one year deal to prove he is the real deal. That has always been the only way I can see him on the roster for the 2016 season.

sbark

Reaction score
Stockpiling draft pics let's us move up on the right qb in a draft. Short term Risk in letting cb depth go vrs long term risk in not being able to move on a player (qb) via stockpiling picks.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I'm sure not interested in trading valuable depth for future draft picks. That's not what a championship contender does. If anything, we trade future picks to other teams to put us over the hump!

Yeah. What stash said.............couldn't agree more.

Pabst

Reaction score
At this point depth is worth more than the conditional 6th that's probably on the table.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I joined the pet cat club last year after seeing Tyler Patmon ball out in the preseason.

A little part of me might die if they trade him.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
:laugh:

What team would trade a 2nd for claiborne?

Unfortunately, the Dallas Cowboys would....

Dallas selected Claiborne with the sixth overall pick Thursday night, moving up eight spots in the first round after a trade with the St. Louis Rams. St. Louis got the No. 14 pick and the Cowboys' second-round selection, 45th overall.