Broaddus: Trade Rumor

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Your right...but, maybe, just maybe the man will pan out. If not a Deion...I at least hope he earns his money somewhere on the team this season!

Anything Claiborne does for this team at this point is almost like an unexpected bonus. It is nice he appears spry and all, but I feel a little better about Patmon, at least in terms of having the right mentality for the position.

Alexander

Reaction score
Ive heard Gurley is already healthy and looking good in TC.

Hyde, given that they added Bush and Mike Davis and still have Kendall Hunter and they fact that basically got nuked in the offseason, they may be interested in moving Hyde for a day 2 pick. If they really are talking about a 3rd rounder, they 49ers may be listening given how there offseason has gone

They might move Hunter. Not really all that interested in that. But rest assured, Hyde is not going anywhere. He is one of the few promising young players they have on offense.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I want to see what Byron Jones really does. I bet Coach Marinelli has some defensive packages that he can use to switch all kinds of players around. The same with the dline.

He already has him and White playing LB in dime. From what Ive heard, Jones appears ready to be a starting CB if we needed him too, but White looks more natural being moved around

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They might move Hunter. Not really all that interested in that. But rest assured, Hyde is not going anywhere. He is one of the few promising young players they have on offense.

Not that interested in Hunter either, even if he is cut. No better or different then what we have.

As far as Hyde, your probobly right. Would be nice though. I would be very disappointed if he couldnt get 1,500 yards behind our line

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I will say however, if ( big of) Broaddus is accurate and they are interested in moving a 3rd rounder for a HB, its very encouraging that they are serious about upgrading the position

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anything Claiborne does for this team at this point is almost like an unexpected bonus. It is nice he appears spry and all, but I feel a little better about Patmon, at least in terms of having the right mentality for the position.

You got that right! If he does not become a starter, he can be a good backup to whoever gets the job.

Patmon looks like a player! This defense is getting some talent.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like all four of those backs.
But Hyde is the SF starter.
Also see zero scenario where the Bengals part with Hill. That'd be like us parting with Lawrence....teams don't dump young, rising, talented players still early in rookie contracts

Mason is intriguing.

Ya, Hyde and Hill arent happening. Those are just guys I would trade a 3rd for. I dont think the Bengals would part with Bernard either, and he really isnt an every down back and our OL wont make him one ( Bengals OL isnt too shabby) Mason ( unless im forgoting someone) looks like the best bet

Alexander

Reaction score
I will say however, if ( big of) Broaddus is accurate and they are interested in moving a 3rd rounder for a HB, its very encouraging that they are serious about upgrading the position

It is just fluff at this point.

Dangling around a third is not going to get many teams to bite and surrender a quality RB.

cej757

Reaction score
Broaddus has a scout friend that he keeps in contact with from Cleveland that he always mentions. I bet it's the Browns offering Terance West or Isiah Crowell for a Corner. Plus they just drafted Duke Johnson so I could see them letting Crowell or West go in a deal.

Last edited:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
IF someone knocks us over....sure....otherwise not really interested in trading away players in a year we have Superbowl aspirations.

Especially if its trading away a more important position (secondary) for a less important one (running back).

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I am not going to slam Caiborne, but if someone is offering a draft pick, we should probably take it. I hope he does turn it completely around, but either way I can't see us keeping him after this season.

I agree.

The whole point of taking a CB at #1 was not to stockpile the deadwood like Claiborne and Carr.

Trade one of them.

We are not going to resign either of them in 2016.

Move on.

Get something we can use.

Save the cap and let's bring in some RB for interviews.

We also need a KR/PR guy that can elevate STs.

Harris is gone and still not replaced.

jday

Reaction score
IF someone knocks us over....sure....otherwise not really interested in trading away players in a year we have Superbowl aspirations.

Especially if its trading away a more important position (secondary) for a less important one (running back).

So you are saying the fourth or fifth corner on an NFL team is more important than a potential starting RB? Is that your final answer?

jday

Reaction score
I agree.

The whole point of taking a CB at #1 was not to stockpile the deadwood like Claiborne and Carr.

Trade one of them.

We are not going to resign either of them in 2016.

Move on.

Get something we can use.

Save the cap and let's bring in some RB for interviews.

We also need a KR/PR guy that can elevate STs.

Harris is gone and still not replaced.

Doubtful on Carr...but I could see the Cowboys moving on from Claiborne.

jday

Reaction score
I thought the thread was about a trade involving Broaddus himself. :laugh:

I'm hearing it's down to rather or not they'll upgrade from Turkey to Roast Beef on the sandwich...my gut is they get a deal done before the weekends out...and, yes, Dallas will come out winners getting the Roast Beef.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So you are saying the fourth or fifth corner on an NFL team is more important than a potential starting RB? Is that your final answer?

Any RB that is available is unlikely going to be considered starting caliber.

jday

Reaction score
Any RB that is available is unlikely going to be considered starting caliber.

On any other team perhaps, but I'd say the competition might be wider open than on most team's with the Cowboys right now.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

The fact you think 4th or 5th corners are bringing quality starting running backs is telling in two ways.

1) You are implicitly acknowledging my point that corners are more valuable.

2) You are implicitly acknowledging that starting running backs are readily available speaking to how fungible the position is.