Broaddus & Voch talk key players during OTAs/minicamp, plus best explanation why to keep Dak

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Id say that the Play-Action was half heartedly executed and didnt fool anyone. In hindsight it looked as if it was designed to occupy the LB that was already moving down to play the run......that would of left the Safety (that eventually picked off the pass) as the cover for Cooks. As it transpired the LB dropped back and turned into zone defense where the Safety just came down.

As with everything, there's a number of concerns with the play, but part of that is the Defense (well a good Defense) have a handle on how to play Dak in this very play.

Is it coincidence that this play is exactly how SF would of played Dak, two high Safeties, one coming down, post snap? If Defense disregards our run (and for the record, that play was 2nd and 2, Dak's a sitting duck as teams (as highlighted by Jimmie Wards arrogant boasts) know how to play him.

Wrong thread but this is that question as to can afford Dak AND an elite Defense that keeps the score down and allows us to run....or a run game that we can use (and Dak's willing to use) in pretty much all circumstances.
Agreed.

davidr295

Reaction score
I can't wait for more of your complaints and whines when Dak gets extended. Oh, wait. Does that mean Jerry is crazy and belongs in an asylum as well? Nah, it means you emotional little haters are the ones who need help.
Where did I say he should not be extended. See this is why you are mentally ill. All I said is that Dak takes some of the responsibility, it's not all on play design. Yet you lose your mind because you are crazy. I feel sorry for you

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Where did I say he should not be extended. See this is why you are mentally ill. All I said is that Dak takes some of the responsibility, it's not all on play design. Yet you lose your mind because you are crazy. I feel sorry for you
Baloney. You hate any blame deflection for Dak. You want him fully responsible. Triggered.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org

I highly recommend you give them a call
Go cry to mommy. Maybe she can make you some hot pockets and a glass of cherry kool-aid.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
That's fine. Kurt Warner can believe that. The same happened to him twice when he lost two Super Bowls while playing for the Rams and Cardinals. During the 2001 Super Bowl loss to rookie Tom Brady and the Patriots (score: 20 - 17), Kurt Warner had no running game help while he only threw for 1 TD and 2 INTs and 1 fumble. His defense held rookie Tom Brady and the Patriots to 20 points, yet veteran and previous SB-winner Kurt Warner was only able to lead his offense to 17 points and a paltry 78.3 passer rating.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/patriots-vs-rams-super-bowl-box-score-2001

Similarly happened to him in 2008 when reaching the Super Bowl with the Cardinals but coming up short against the Steelers (score: 27 - 23). Kurt Warner pulled a Dak Prescott from this past January vs Green Bay. Warner threw for 407 yards and 3 TDs but had 1 INT and a measly 33 yards of rushing help from his running backs. Just like Dak, Kurt Warner was unable to lead his team to victory without help from his teammates. His Cardinals were down 27 - 7 in the 4th quarter with Kurt Warner picking up 16 points late in the 4th quarter during garbage time. Sounds exactly like what happened to Dak. I'm pretty sure you and your ilk will complain and twist it around to fit your agenda, eh?

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/2008-super-bowl

The facts are the facts: Kurt Warner also needed help from his team to win a Super Bowl in 1999 with the Rams where he had no running game help (only 33 yards rushing) even though he threw for 407 yards but only 2 TDs and 0 turnovers, but his defense held the Titans to only 16 points. See how it works? It takes a whole team to step up where different parts help each other to pull a win during the playoffs. A QB can't do it by himself.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/1999-super-bowl

Regardless, Kurt Warner still explained what he saw wrong with those 2 INTs this past playoff loss vs Green Bay, and it wasn't totally on Dak.

Let's see how you handle these facts? :hammer:

:popcorn:
Kurt Warner has a SB ring with a loss to Tom Brady and to Big Ben when he took an AZ team who had no business in the SB to the big game. He also took everyone’s job once he was on the roster. He’s everything you HOPE Dak could be, but MORE. He has complete control of his mind and didn’t choke in the biggest games…he had good games and bad games…but never choked on command like Dak. With Dak…you have to ignore Kurt’s SB resume and other accomplishments - HOF - to belittle him in order to prop up Dak.

YOU were the one who quoted Warner as an authority, not me. So trashing Kurt only trashes YOUR INITIAL ARGUMENT.

Best stick to replying to people who can’t see through theatricality and deception.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Video is 52 1/2 minutes long. Very good video with Bryan Broaddus and Voch Lombardi breaking down key players (starters and backups) during OTAs and minicamp leading up to training camp and their upcoming battles.

Sorry, I won't be including a time stamp for every player discussed throughout the video. Too many players. It's best if you have an hour to sit back, relax and enjoy the video. Plus, for those who want to go straight to the Trey Lance & Cooper Rush backup QB discussion, you can go to the 38:15 minute mark. For the best argument made why the Cowboys need to keep Dak, you can go to the end of the video to the 42:00 minute mark.

Enjoy! :starspin:

Are these people Voch and Bryan attending OTA, Mini Camp daily for all practice sessions? If so, I will watch, if not, they know as much as we do.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Kurt Warner has a SB ring with a loss to Tom Brady and to Big Ben when he took an AZ team who had no business in the SB to the big game. He also took everyone’s job once he was on the roster. He’s everything you HOPE Dak could be, but MORE. He has complete control of his mind and didn’t choke in the biggest games…he had good games and bad games…but never choked on command like Dak. With Dak…you have to ignore Kurt’s SB resume and other accomplishments - HOF - to belittle him in order to prop up Dak.

YOU were the one who quoted Warner as an authority, not me. So trashing Kurt only trashes YOUR INITIAL ARGUMENT.

Best stick to replying to people who can’t see through theatricality and deception.
Get lost. You can't handle the facts, especially since it doesn't fit with your Dak hatred. Dak is still going to be here for years to come. Go follow another team.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Get lost. You can't handle the facts, especially since it doesn't fit with your Dak hatred. Dak is still going to be here for years to come. Go follow another team.
How old are you? Do you think half-baked trolls can make me abandon a team ...because you said so? Nah...I'll stick around and continue to post. What else ya got?

Mcsports

Reaction score
Yep, it's our cultural obsession with flex. Let’s get players excelling in one area.....maybe expanding on their skill sets later, rather than this flex that so often leads to Jack of All Trades. No rookie's going to voluntarily lose such weight without coach's backing/instruction.
What those players eat and their
Total intake of Calories is monitored . Their weight also monitired .
His weight loss was not an oversight by the training and coaching staff

Mcsports

Reaction score
That’s your opinion he was mismanaged. Their evaluation of him was wrong. He couldn’t do what they were asking him to do. My opinion is we made a mistake. He’s slow off the ball and I don’t see how managing him differently is going to change that. He was drafted to help us stop the run and he wasn’t doing that. He was a liability that kept him off the field and now he’s rehabbing an injury. Zimmer is going to have him doing what he did in college and if we don’t see vast improvement he may not see a third season with the Cowboys.
Hard to argue against those points.
Mazi was terrible in 2023.