Broaddus & Voch talk key players during OTAs/minicamp, plus best explanation why to keep Dak

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You are putting words in both Warner and Beasley's comments. You are interpreting them to align with your crazy talking points. The picks were on Dak period. Does not mean he is not a good QB or the loss was on him. Both can be true, he made crucial mistakes but was not the sole reason for loss. You are so hostile, Take some meds or check in to the local mental health clinic dude....
If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Grow a spine, dude. I know exactly what Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley were saying.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I'd put Broaddus in the sceptical camp, though he never speaks up against Voch, nor Patrik 'No C', whose votes have already been counted.
It’s pretty evident that Broadus isn’t the biggest believer in Dak ability to lead this team to another Super Bowl. Patrik is knowledgeable about the game but he’s a company guy. Ambar is more honestly critical about the team than he is.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You think you know. Also once again there are numbers you can call for help, don't suffer in silence
Go home and cry to mommy.

Picsart-24-03-15-21-07-52-871.jpg

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You don't get it. It's a designed quick-hitting play. Cooks role inside was to carry the Safety with him, thus allowing CeeDee to be wide open on that twins-set, double left, quick slant play. The problem like Kurt Warner said is it was horribly designed by having both Cooks and CeeDee run the same depth (5 yards) before both slanting inside. That allowed the Safety to step up in between both and cover both, thus the pick-6. Also, the play-action should have never been included in the play since all it did was cause Dak to be late on a pass that has to come out quickly. Kurt Warner clearly talked about both big no-no's on that play. THAT is on the coaching staff for a poorly designed play.
That assessment may hold up.....if it wasnt for the fact that it's Dak and the Blueprint involving his struggles identifying/seeing/reading Safeties moving down post snap. The Safety doesnt move from the hash, he wasnt fooled at all.,,,,Dak didnt see him, which is his awareness. Oh and Ferguson was open as the X and the count was only 2nd and 2.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
If Dak is using play action it's because the design of the play asked for it.
No. There’s two possibilities. Dak improvised is one of them. Unless you know the actual play call in the playbook, then you can’t say. Also, like I already said, it makes no sense to do a play action on a quick slant. There isn’t enough time.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
No. There’s two possibilities. Dak improvised is another. Unless you know the actual play call in the playbook, then you can’t say. Also, like I already said, it makes no sense to do a play action on a quick slant. There isn’t enough time.
Improvising play action? Do you understand how silly that comment is?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
No. It’s not silly. It can be habituated, like he did it on instinct. Do you understand how silly it is to blame a coach who has over two decades of experience in the NFL to call a play action on a quick slant? It wasn’t even a real play action. It was some half-assed pretend move, which makes it all the more likely he did just improvise it. Even Kurt pointed out its non-purpose.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
No. It’s not silly. It can be habituated, like he did it on instinct. Do you understand how silly it is to blame a coach who has over two decades of experience in the NFL to call a play action on a quick slant? It wasn’t even a real play action. It was some half-assed pretend move, which makes it all the more likely he did just improvise it. Even Kurt pointed out its non-purpose.
:facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You're the one who can't handle the truth. You're the one nonstop complaining.
Prescott keeps giving the Cowboys reason to walk away from him. Today, while talking to the press he admitted to being a "gambling man". The commish may want to investigate.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Facepalmimg doesn’t change the facts. Go watch the video again and see how half-assed the “play action” is that fools no one and how Dak stares down CeeDee and how obvious it is to Darnell Savage that it looks like Dak is throwing him the ball.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Grow a spine, dude. I know exactly what Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley were saying.
You know, I started to post a bunch of quotes about "Dak's eyes being in the wrong place TOO OFTEN" and other commentary, but...if you want to know what Kurt Warner thinks about Dak...watch this.

My guess is you won't...it'll hurt too much:

davidr295

Reaction score
You know, I started to post a bunch of quotes about "Dak's eyes being in the wrong place TOO OFTEN" and other commentary, but...if you want to know what Kurt Warner thinks about Dak...watch this.

Don't even try with this guy. He is literally a crazy person and should be in an asylum somewhere getting the help it needs

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I saw that breakdown, while he did say that Gallup can HELP Dak...it was a *drumroll* POOR DECISION. Did you REALLY want to go the route of quoting Kurt Warner's breakdowns of Dak? His breakdowns confirmed ALL of my suspicions about his lack of success:

- Chaotic feet
- Inconsistent Drops
- Bad Reads/Not seeing the field clearly
- Doesn't always read the defense properly post snap
- Throws are high and wide due to inconsistent techniques

I could go on. THOSE are the things that doom a guy when he's feeling extreme pressure.

As for the CeeDee Lamb interception ..."Dak never saw the LBer..." ...so please stop putting that on...the offensive coordinator? C'mon...Dak is both a pre-snap god and a clueless victim of Kellen Moore. Pick one.

Dak said he struggled with the post snap read in the GB game. This seems to be an issue with dak that goes back a few years, and I’m sure it goes back even longer. There was a video floating around earlier breaking down the playoff losses to SF and he was struggling with post snap reads as well in those games.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The truth is that his fan club doesn't care that Dak isn't capable of winning big games, they want him extended for life no matter what. Stats are all that matter.
All that may be true, which explains why I'm not a Dak fan.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Don't even try with this guy. He is literally a crazy person and should be in an asylum somewhere getting the help it needs
I can't wait for more of your complaints and whines when Dak gets extended. Oh, wait. Does that mean Jerry is crazy and belongs in an asylum as well? Nah, it means you emotional little haters are the ones who need help.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

That's fine. Kurt Warner can believe that. The same happened to him twice when he lost two Super Bowls while playing for the Rams and Cardinals. During the 2001 Super Bowl loss to rookie Tom Brady and the Patriots (score: 20 - 17), Kurt Warner had no running game help while he only threw for 1 TD and 2 INTs and 1 fumble. His defense held rookie Tom Brady and the Patriots to 20 points, yet veteran and previous SB-winner Kurt Warner was only able to lead his offense to 17 points and a paltry 78.3 passer rating.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/patriots-vs-rams-super-bowl-box-score-2001

Similarly happened to him in 2008 when reaching the Super Bowl with the Cardinals but coming up short against the Steelers (score: 27 - 23). Kurt Warner pulled a Dak Prescott from this past January vs Green Bay. Warner threw for 407 yards and 3 TDs but had 1 INT and a measly 33 yards of rushing help from his running backs. Just like Dak, Kurt Warner was unable to lead his team to victory without help from his teammates. His Cardinals were down 27 - 7 in the 4th quarter with Kurt Warner picking up 16 points late in the 4th quarter during garbage time. Sounds exactly like what happened to Dak. I'm pretty sure you and your ilk will complain and twist it around to fit your agenda, eh?

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/2008-super-bowl

The facts are the facts: Kurt Warner also needed help from his team to win a Super Bowl in 1999 with the Rams where he had no running game help (only 33 yards rushing) even though he threw for 407 yards but only 2 TDs and 0 turnovers, but his defense held the Titans to only 16 points. See how it works? It takes a whole team to step up where different parts help each other to pull a win during the playoffs. A QB can't do it by himself.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/1999-super-bowl

Regardless, Kurt Warner still explained what he saw wrong with those 2 INTs this past playoff loss vs Green Bay, and it wasn't totally on Dak.

Let's see how you handle these facts? :hammer:

:popcorn:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak said he struggled with the post snap read in the GB game. This seems to be an issue with dak that goes back a few years, and I’m sure it goes back even longer. There was a video floating around earlier breaking down the playoff losses to SF and he was struggling with post snap reads as well in those games.
Spot on .....My Struggles with Post Snap Safeties, is the sub-title of the The Blueprint.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The defense dictated that play should have worked. Problem is it's a quick hitting throw. A 1-step dropback throw. The play would have worked if the coaches did not include an unnecessary play-action, which slowed down Dak, plus horrible route design for the aligned twin set left.

Id say that the Play-Action was half heartedly executed and didnt fool anyone. In hindsight it looked as if it was designed to occupy the LB that was already moving down to play the run......that would of left the Safety (that eventually picked off the pass) as the cover for Cooks. As it transpired the LB dropped back and turned into zone defense where the Safety just came down.

As with everything, there's a number of concerns with the play, but part of that is the Defense (well a good Defense) have a handle on how to play Dak in this very play.

Is it coincidence that this play is exactly how SF would of played Dak, two high Safeties, one coming down, post snap? If Defense disregards our run (and for the record, that play was 2nd and 2, Dak's a sitting duck as teams (as highlighted by Jimmie Wards arrogant boasts) know how to play him.

Wrong thread but this is that question as to can afford Dak AND an elite Defense that keeps the score down and allows us to run....or a run game that we can use (and Dak's willing to use) in pretty much all circumstances.