Broaddus & Voch talk key players during OTAs/minicamp, plus best explanation why to keep Dak

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hard to argue against those points.
Mazi was terrible in 2023.
He was so bad Jerry who usually has nothing but positives to say about every player said during the final day post draft press conference that Mazi has to play better. What’s really concerning about Mazi is he didn’t show a single flash in any game last season. With most first round draft picks you see at least a few plays where they impress but not with Mazi. It was bad with him from training camp all the way through the regular season. He was such a liability he only got around 4 snaps against Green Bay in the playoffs.

mardwin

Reaction score
I watched this video from Voch's site.

I believe Broaddus to be right when he said there is a ton of pressure this season on Mazi. They talked a little about Overshown being more of a weapon than a pure LB. And WR Brooks possibly being WR3. Some other stuff as well.

Voch thinks the Lance trade is a failure. What says a lot about a player are those that are starting over you. What does it say about Tolbert if Gallup was starting over him.

On Dak. Voch basically said Dallas has been getting lucky with QBs. There're not even 20 good ones in the league. Dak is in his prime, and runner up for MVP. Not only that, but Dallas absolutely sucks at judging QB talent. They basically get lucky finding QBs. He said they should pay him, and add something to that.
That's BS take on Dallas sucking at assessing QBs. They do not invest capital drafting QB, they occasionally throw a 4th round pick to see if the QB develops into a backup. Dak is nothing special, take away all the all pro and pro bowl caliber talent around him and you get the same results as Cooper Rush and Andy Dalton.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
What those players eat and their
Total intake of Calories is monitored . Their weight also monitired .
His weight loss was not an oversight by the training and coaching staff
I think that's what I said. When McClay's heard to big up Mazi in the War Room, as a potential factor in pass rush in the future....it kind of indicates where and what the development path was going to be, trim down to aid the pass-rush (to the possible detriment to some of his run stopping).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's BS take on Dallas sucking at assessing QBs. They do not invest capital drafting QB, they occasionally throw a 4th round pick to see if the QB develops into a backup. Dak is nothing special, take away all the all pro and pro bowl caliber talent around him and you get the same results as Cooper Rush and Andy Dalton.
Sadly confused.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's lots of hand wringing going on with this team to get back to contending status. People are desperate to decide what to think about Dak's career and Trey Lance's chances to supplant him are about to learn far more than they already know about that situation. Dak is our QB now, and that's not even in question. This team has work to do before their future is about to be fulfilled as we'd like it to be. Waiting for the future to reveal what to expect in the weeks ahead will come soon enough. Patience will be required.

Many of us are chomping at the bit to see something concrete to hang their hats on for the future of this team. What we know now is that Dak is still our QB and that Lance isn't likely to supplant him anytime soon. He's attempting to prove himself "a lock" to compete with Cooper Rush for the #2 backup QB spot in TC and in the preseason that lies ahead. Let's see how that goes first, before attempting to see what the future will hold for that impending situation to be determined.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
There's lots of hand wringing going on with this team to get back to contending status. People are desperate to decide what to think about Dak's career and Trey Lance's chances to supplant him are about to learn far more than they already know about that situation. Dak is our QB now, and that's not even in question. This team has work to do before their future is about to be fulfilled as we'd like it to be. Waiting for the future to reveal what to expect in the weeks ahead will come soon enough. Patience will be required.

Many of us are chomping at the bit to see something concrete to hang their hats on for the future of this team. What we know now is that Dak is still our QB and that Lance isn't likely to supplant him anytime soon. He's attempting to prove himself "a lock" to compete with Cooper Rush for the #2 backup QB spot in TC and in the preseason that lies ahead. Let's see how that goes first, before attempting to see what the future will hold for that impending situation to be determined.

Rush is QB2.

The ultimate relief pitcher. And under contract.

The Lance trade is about QB1.

Daks playoff career is a failure. And he’s expensive.

They won’t throw Rush overboard just to save Dak and his $29 million base salary.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Rush is QB2.

The ultimate relief pitcher. And under contract.

The Lance trade is about QB1.

Daks playoff career is a failure. And he’s expensive.

They won’t throw Rush overboard just to save Dak and his $29 million base salary.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion, that's for sure. I think Dak will finish 2024 as our QB, though. Let's toss a coin on it. :grin:

Flamma

Reaction score
I would agree. It's kind of hard to say someone sucks at something they never do. You can say for example, the Jets suck at it.

This mindset comes from drafting Quincy Carter. Wanting to draft Johnny Manziel, who absolutely sucked. And the most recent rumor was that Dallas wanted to move up for Paxton Lynch.

They talk about the Cowboys getting lucky with QBs, the 49ers sold the farm and the kids for an awful QB, then stumbled into Purdy. When have the Cowboys done that?

conner01

Reaction score
I watched this video from Voch's site.

I believe Broaddus to be right when he said there is a ton of pressure this season on Mazi. They talked a little about Overshown being more of a weapon than a pure LB. And WR Brooks possibly being WR3. Some other stuff as well.

Voch thinks the Lance trade is a failure. What says a lot about a player are those that are starting over you. What does it say about Tolbert if Gallup was starting over him.

On Dak. Voch basically said Dallas has been getting lucky with QBs. There're not even 20 good ones in the league. Dak is in his prime, and runner up for MVP. Not only that, but Dallas absolutely sucks at judging QB talent. They basically get lucky finding QBs. He said they should pay him, and add something to that.
He has a good point. Aikman was a no brainer and since then it’s been pure luck with Dak and romo.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus was in attendance.
I know he was in and out the Jonesboys as a scout and analyst. I did not know he had access to the team as a reporter after getting hired, fired, hired, and fired again. I just remember he was part of the Larry Lacewell click that Tuna did not like and eventually got rid of those guys.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I know he was in and out the Jonesboys as a scout and analyst. I did not know he had access to the team as a reporter after getting hired, fired, hired, and fired again. I just remember he was part of the Larry Lacewell click that Tuna did not like and eventually got rid of those guys.
I hear you. I'm just relaying what Broaddus said about how he was there in attendance during OTAs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You just can't handle the truth. Dak isn't getting that extension. Even if he does, It's a huge mistake. He will never win a Super Bowl. It's time to let the next generation have an opportunity.
The extension is a sure thing. Just a matter of when.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The extension is a sure thing. Just a matter of when.
Man, oh man, you and AC and a few others might get a big slap in the face if he is not extended. By the way, unless you can tell the future what you just typed is nothing more than hope.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Well, you're entitled to your opinion, that's for sure. I think Dak will finish 2024 as our QB, though. Let's toss a coin on it. :grin:
I can think of $100 million reasons why Dak will be leaving us soon.

That’s the debt this team owes because of Dak.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I would agree. It's kind of hard to say someone sucks at something they never do. You can say for example, the Jets suck at it.

This mindset comes from drafting Quincy Carter. Wanting to draft Johnny Manziel, who absolutely sucked. And the most recent rumor was that Dallas wanted to move up for Paxton Lynch.

They talk about the Cowboys getting lucky with QBs, the 49ers sold the farm and the kids for an awful QB, then stumbled into Purdy. When have the Cowboys done that?
Carter and Lynch are true. But Manziel was never happening. Jerry made a joke and people ran with it. Larry Lacewell was in charge when they picked Carter who could have been a decent starting QB if not for the drug issue. How they missed that red flag is a question. Even then I thought they should have traded up for Drew Brees. They had two 2nd round picks. Paxton Lynch was one of those looked like Tarzan played like Jane. But teams look at big armed QBs as lottery tickets.