Broaddus: What We’re Looking For Here At Senior Bowl (4 Players Named)

ccb04

Reaction score
Donald has been my favorite from the outset. To go along with his tremendous quickness...he also plays with natural leverage and very good power, as shown when he bull rushed Richardson to the ground in the first Senior Bowl practice.

I agree with others that getting a solid 1-tech next to him would only make things better. Grabbing Linval Joseph in free agency would be fantastic, but unlikely. As others mentioned...DaQuan Jones, Justin Ellis, and Ryan Carrethers could be 3 possibilities in the draft. Carrethers is quite active despite being shorter/stout. He had a whopping 87 tackles in 2013, to include 16 tackles in 1 game & 7 tackles vs. Auburn's rushing attack.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
That the McClay is watching.

Aaron Donald
RaShede Hageman
Trent Murphy
Kareem Martin

Could this end up being the first 3 round picks?

RD1 Donald or Hageman
RD2 Trent Murphy
RD3 Kareem Martin

Ill take it

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I think it would be more like Hageman/Murphy round 1, Donald round 2, Martin round 3.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I think it would be more like Hageman/Murphy round 1, Donald round 2, Martin round 3.

negative. Donald is a RD1 player showed it today. Murphy struggled today. Showed he needs to get stronger. He said it today on a interview he did with edraft. Murphy dropped some today.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Choose one, that's all you'll get in the first three rounds.

yentl911

Reaction score
If he keeps doing what he did today all week. I dont see how he makes it out of the top 15 maybe even the top 10

I agree. I think he is the best DL in the draft IMO. He is a beast and a good kid. He would be perfect.

Zordon

Reaction score
i'd rather stay away from UNC players, I do not trust the players that come out of that program.

yentl911

Reaction score
Donald would be my first choice for DT. I also like Aaron Lynch as well as a DE - the kid that transferred from ND. That kid has a world of talent. Get these two Aaron's and the DL would be solid for years.

Does anyone know what draft grade Lynch has? He was a beast at ND as a freshman than then I didn't see him play at UCF. I heard he was not motivated??

supercowboy8

Reaction score
RaShede Hageman is a beast of a man, could definitely push the pocket.

He doesn't have any pass rush moves. He is all power. Going to need to be able to make move in the nfl. Not going to be able to over power every NFL OL.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Donald would be my first choice for DT. I also like Aaron Lynch as well as a DE - the kid that transferred from ND. That kid has a world of talent. Get these two Aaron's and the DL would be solid for years.

Does anyone know what draft grade Lynch has? He was a beast at ND as a freshman than then I didn't see him play at UCF. I heard he was not motivated??

If Lynch was all that he should have been dominate at UCF.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
He doesn't have any pass rush moves. He is all power. Going to need to be able to make move in the nfl. Not going to be able to over power every NFL OL.

I guess Marinelli will not be needed to teach all the new DL college players moves.

tm1119

Reaction score
If he keeps doing what he did today all week. I dont see how he makes it out of the top 15 maybe even the top 10

Lol come on, stop. Its January still. Don't get carried away because of some practice in basketball shorts. I'd bet my house Aaron Donald doesn't go in the top 10.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
When ur playing games against old dominion, navy, new mexico, syracuse, virginia ect your stats are going to be very good. Which is why this bowl game is very important for Donald. Just like its important for guys like Derek Carr and every other player who plays against inferior opponents.

Donald had 6 sacks in his first 4 games, 5 in his last 9 games. He had a sack vs the Seminoles but didnt have the dominant game somebody said.

Donald played against 3 ranked teams and had 2 sacks, and 9 against unranked teams.From November till the end he had 3 sacks and only one in Dec/Jan. So clearly he might've been worn down by the lack of size he has. Which will only be worse in the nfl. These are all things NFL teams look at but fans dismiss or dont even think about.

Donald would be part of a rotation in the NFL not playing every snap.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I guess Marinelli will not be needed to teach all the new DL college players moves.

At 16 pick in the 1st round. You shouldn't have to teach him moves you should be coaching his moves and making them better. He should have some. He rely on his size to much.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Donald would be part of a rotation in the NFL not playing every snap.

He can play all 3 downs. Of course on a 4-3 you want a rotation to keep your guys fresh. But Donald holds up well against the line. He uses his size to his advantage where he gets low and anchors. Uses his leverage.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
2 big games Donald had this yr

FSU 2 tackles 1 for loss that was a sack
ND 0 tackles 0 sacks

Hageman would be a 1 tech. Crawford will be playing the 1tech this yr with Bass IMO

Crawford is not a 1T and has never been considered for that position form what we've been told.
He played SDE in the mini-camps and has been mentioned as a 3T.

If everything stays the same, Dallas would start Hayden at 1T.
Crawford would start at SDE or 3T and Bass would either start at 3T or back up Crawford.

A back up 1T is probably a priority this season but likely not at 16 unless they feel a guy can get a pass rush from the position.
Marinelli isn't using R1's on run stoppers.