Brugler: Cowboys “really like” Zaven Collins

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I will take him at 10 and not look back. He’s a super smart dude too. Bye bye Jaylon

You see the intelligence on film which is the polar opposite of Jaylon Smith.

With that being said I think he is a great fit, but at 10 I am not interested if we trade back we might have the option of him or Parsons if we go that route.
Parsons is going to fall in this draft because of off the field issues so honestly if we want to go no rush LB drop back and we will have options.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
If he is a thumper, who is smart, and can take on blockers and shed them, as well as have lateral quickness...........I am all in.
Watching Dallas Lb's be out of position because they refuse to stack and shed is infuriating.

Aven8

Reaction score
You see the intelligence on film which is the polar opposite of Jaylon Smith.

With that being said I think he is a great fit, but at 10 I am not interested if we trade back we might have the option of him or Parsons if we go that route.
Parsons is going to fall in this draft because of off the field issues so honestly if we want to go no rush LB drop back and we will have options.

I think he and Parsons are actually almost the same players. They are game wreckers and we need those bad.

If Fields or one the QB’s are still on the board at 10 it’s going to get really interesting in the War room.

CWR

Reaction score
Don't understimate the Jones' constant effort to appear clever.

I really like Collins. His film is amazing. He flashes when watching games live. If he tests well, 10 is not crazy, still seems high for him though.

That's the thing, its still early. After combine and pro days guys can shoot up or down the draft board.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I think he and Parsons are actually almost the same players. They are game wreckers and we need those bad.

If Fields or one the QB’s are still on the board at 10 it’s going to get really interesting in the War room.

If Fields has a good game this week he will go top 3, although I believe it would have to be an awful game for him to drop anywhere near the 10th pick.
With that being said if he puts a performance like he did last week, we might have a conversation of him and Lawrence fighting for #1.

Aven8

Reaction score
That's the thing, its still early. After combine and pro days guys can shoot up or down the draft board.

People think that it’s too early for a LB at 10, but when you put into context that Jaylon played over 1,000 snaps this season it’s really not. In the first round you go after game changing players. The later rounds are for solid players and depth. Yes he played at Tulsa, but Mack played at Buffalo and nobody balked at that competition.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is the second time Bruglar has mentioned the Cowboys interest specifically. I noted this a month or two ago.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Both would be solid pickups. My only concern then turns to free agency. We will be relying on later round pick guys at either corner, DT or safety. That’s why they must knock out FA!
Draft seems to be deep at corner can scoop someone in round two. And let’s be honest this team drafted gallimore and hill. They don’t want to invest more into dt as much as we do lol

Bowdown27

Reaction score
This might sound crazy but I think the Cowboys see Collins as a better version of LVE while us fans see Parsons as a better version of Jaylon. Obviously both don’t have the formers injuries.
I think you’re 100% right

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Figures that as soon as Dallas finds somebody that they like and could maybe grab them lower than other top players, that his draft stock suddenly zooms up.

And don't forget, I as well as others were thrilled with LVE's selection, and even more so after his rookie year.

And we see what's happened lately, injuries and now neck surgery followed by a fall off in play and yet another injury.

With our luck Collins will rip apart a knee or shoulder in training camp.

:(

blueblood70

Reaction score
I will take him at 10 and not look back. He’s a super smart dude too. Bye bye Jaylon
hate to break it to you guys even if we pick a LB high in this draft JS isnt going anywhere. Lees leaving LVE is unreliable injury wise also most likely none of the depth we had like March and Thomas will be back..so this move would be to ADD around JS and LVE..

so JS will be back maybe on restructure but he snot being cut..bookmark this if you like JS will be back and starting or rotating etc

with an improved DL and add another LB JS wont appear as bad..

cnuball21

Reaction score
Not smart or mature you say....sounds like Cowboys special !!

Hope we're doing our homework on this kid...absolutely love the player but if there are legit character concerns you can't take that risk at 10.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

Carson

Reaction score
yikes... Parsons was my guy, but if that's true, I don't know about having that on this team. If you're dumb enough to fight your own teammates, then what else are you dumb enough to do?

Hoping he matured as a person and player. He did graduate and declared early to take care of his son.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Hoping he matured as a person and player. He did graduate and declared early to take care of his son.

Hope we're doing our homework on this kid...absolutely love the player but if there are legit character concerns you can't take that risk at 10.

I thought I sent you something on this months ago when we were discussing Parsons.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m started to get spooked about the lack of maturity regarding Parsons. Bucky Brooks said he’s very close to Parsons and mentioned he’s not sure if the maturity is there.

Put on the tape of both and he and Collins is the same exact player but a scholar athlete as well. I would be fine with either. Only issue I have is Parsons sat out this season, so give me Collins.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Collins is a 3-4 edge or a 4-3 SAM in the NFL. He's got nothing to do with LVE or Jaylon, he'd be a replacement for, like, Dorrance Armstrong.

You can't do a lot of what makes him effective at Tulsa in the NFL.