Bryan Broaddus & Jane Slater heated debate on Jason's future

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Two things.

One, Jane is always right in my book. I don't care what it is she says, if there are words coming out of her mouth, I'm paying attention. Completely smitten with her.

Two, Bryan without the burden of being an official Dallas Cowboy employee, is going to be AMAZING

Valkyr

Reaction score
Maybe I should clarify that Slater does say, she is not for bringing Garrett back, but she's saying that's the vibe she is getting and thinks that is the direction Jerry is heading.

giphy.gif

sideon

Reaction score
I think the team has given up on Garrett and that's why Jerry was crying. All that yelling and rah rah talk was them just trying to hype themselves up before the inevitable fall.

erod

Reaction score
The real truth is.....

Garrett or no Garrett, not a damn thing is going to change. The next coach will still be hamstrung and castrated by Jerry at every turn.

We already know this.

Mannix

Reaction score
I honestly believe for the FIRST time the many who are promising that they are done with Dallas if The Clapping Carrot is brought back....because I am one of them, and I mean it with 100% conviction. I can no longer even stomach the sight of the boob with the Bat Utility Belt who signals going for 1 in the first quarter....much less stomaching the sound of his voice. This coming from a person who has only missed watching ONE game in the last 30 years....and that was due to the Satellite going out in my Cabo Hotel. I don't think Jerry has ANY clue just how fed up fans are right now....and just how many have finally gone to cheering for losses in hopes that the The Clapping Carrot's coffin lid is finally nailed shut. Again. me included.

romothesavior

Reaction score
I don't give a crap how many games you attend or how much you spend. Wanting the team to lose is foolish.
Rooting for the end of the Jason Garrett era is the complete opposite of foolish. I'm 100% with @Cas2800 and so are a whole lot of other people.

Take your stupid Foghorn Leghorn memes elsewhere and quit policing other posters' fandom.

visionary

Reaction score
If we don't advance to the Super Bowl and Jerry retains Garrett, I'm convinced he doesn't want to win.

I’ve been convinced for more than 2 decades that Jerry only wants to win on his terms, if he gets the credit

period

ego and money over ride all else

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
You don't need sources to see that clearly Jones wants Garrett around.

All of this thought of him getting fired from week to week is fans getting their hopes up.

It is not like Jones has not been extremely easy to read.
No, but she changed her tune from the week before when she was talking like everyone else and Jason was as good as gone. At least from what I saw her saying on NFLN.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No, but she changed her tune from the week before when she was talking like everyone else and Jason was as good as gone. At least from what I saw her saying on NFLN.
Interesting...

Sydla

Reaction score
I’ll be honest.

A small part of me wants to see Jerry bring Garrett back if we don’t make the playoffs.

I’d be completely intrigued and entertained watching Jerry and Stephen try to explain why extending Garrett was a smart move.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listened to the "Boys and Girls Podcast" from earlier today where Brian was very outspoken about the need for Jerry to move on from Jason Garrett. Jane Slater seems to think that after last week game where Jerry was crying, Jerry is softening up Cowboy fans for him to resign Garrett to a new contract. She's pretty certain Jerry will bring back Garrett because of his own insecurities and friendship with Garrett. Brian was pretty adamant that its time to move on from Jason and hire Urban Meyer. Brian said "Who wants a coach (Garrett) that doesn't call plays, doesn't call defense plays, doesn't have game management then go ahead and rehire that guy! Seriously.....what does the guy do????" This is the first time I hear this podcast and much say its much more objective then any of the podcasts on the website. They also asked if Jerry would lose the Cowboy fan base if he resigned Garrett Most agreed that because they are the DALLAS COWBOYS fans ight not watch the first 3 games but would all come back.

As a 15 year season Ticket holder my opinion is...If winning 2 or 3 more games means Garrett gets a new contract then I don't want them winning another game! IM SICK OF GARRETT!! you can hear the podcast here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...llas-scout-bryan/id1483643216?i=1000458745394

I listened to two of those podcasts of that show today, including the one you're referring to. They've been having some nice guests on the show, including Broaddus and Charles Robinson. It seems quickly becoming a favorite.

I think Slater is allowing her feelings for Garrett the person to cloud her judgement. Just like Jerry has for years.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I listened to two of those podcasts of that show today, including the one you're referring to. They've been having some nice guests on the show, including Broaddus and Charles Robinson. It seems quickly becoming a favorite.

I think Slater is allowing her feelings for Garrett the person to cloud her judgement. Just like Jerry has for years.
You think it's all her on this one, or that she's observing/hearing something to give her such an idea?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think it's all her on this one, or that she's observing/hearing something to give her such an idea?

She cites sources on a lot of things, but not about Garrett returning. That seems like gut feeling mixed with wishful thinking.

A few interesting and scary notes.

She claims something I felt as well, that the Cowboys did conduct a 'soft search' for head coach candidates last year, but found nobody they could definitely say was an improvement over Garrett. And also that they coveted Sean Payton and he would have been the guy.

On a scary note, they think the Joneses would pitch whoever the next coach is to retain some offensive assistant coaches. That will limit who will even talk to them about the job.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two things.

One, Jane is always right in my book. I don't care what it is she says, if there are words coming out of her mouth, I'm paying attention. Completely smitten with her.

Two, Bryan without the burden of being an official Dallas Cowboy employee, is going to be AMAZING

I agree about Broaddus. He should be really good off of the team payroll. And he was on this appearance.