Bryan Broaddus & Jane Slater heated debate on Jason's future

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The day before training camp started, Jane was on NFLN saying that Zeke would report on time.

Yes Jane, people remember these things.

A LOT of people said he would report on time, including coaches.
But hey, only remember what fits.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if Garrett comes back, and goes on to win the SB for the 2020 season.
All of those that jumped ship, will you be back. Will you slither back in on the sly?

I say if you really are done, then have your accounts here deleted. Will you then try to be back under a different user name?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
She cites sources on a lot of things, but not about Garrett returning. That seems like gut feeling mixed with wishful thinking.

A few interesting and scary notes.

She claims something I felt as well, that the Cowboys did conduct a 'soft search' for head coach candidates last year, but found nobody they could definitely say was an improvement over Garrett. And also that they coveted Sean Payton and he would have been the guy.

On a scary note, they think the Joneses would pitch whoever the next coach is to retain some offensive assistant coaches. That will limit who will even talk to them about the job.
Thank you bud. Appreciated.

Corso

Reaction score
So if Garrett comes back, and goes on to win the SB for the 2020 season.
All of those that jumped ship, will you be back. Will you slither back in on the sly?

I say if you really are done, then have your accounts here deleted. Will you then try to be back under a different user name?
Good question.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
She seems really straight ahead to me and not at all a "bimbo"..just smart and all biz. I like that.

Yep.

I'm usually not into blondes and she's a big time golfer, which usually bores me to tears, but I dig her.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
She has been wrong alot lately
I don't doubt you. Y'all would know more than me. I don't watch NFLN much, I've just been sick lately so I've been doing more of that the last few weeks. (Plus posting more.... :eek:) But I do think someone up the food chain talks to her. I suspect when she's wrong it's because the organization doesn't know for sure what will happen with Jerry or Stephen.

One thing that was pretty funny, I did look at her twitter and she had a hilarious string comparing Jason to the middle aged husband who isn't exciting or really that desirable, but is dependable and won't cheat on you, and you could always do worse. So it doesn't sound like she's a huge fan personally.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If Jerry resigns Garrett, I'm not watching the 2020 season. It's that simple.

After we crushed the 2016 draft and went 13-3 that year I had said that 2018 and 2019 were going to be our Super Bowl window. We needed at least a year (2017) to build a defense, cause that 2016 unit was just not ready, but we needed to win within 3 years before our 2016 draft class's salaries exploded.

Garrett pissed away that SB window. What we've got right now on the field is the most talented Cowboys roster in at least 10-12 years, and we're squandering it going 6-6 cause JG can't get this squad prepared for games and punts on 4th and 1 because he's afraid of looking bad in the media.

If this is the best JG can do with the most complete Cowboys roster in a decade, I don't need to see anything else.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't doubt you. Y'all would know more than me. I don't watch NFLN much, I've just been sick lately so I've been doing more of that the last few weeks. (Plus posting more.... :eek:) But I do think someone up the food chain talks to her. I suspect when she's wrong it's because the organization doesn't know for sure what will happen with Jerry or Stephen.

One thing that was pretty funny, I did look at her twitter and she had a hilarious string comparing Jason to the middle aged husband who isn't exciting or really that desirable, but is dependable and won't cheat on you, and you could always do worse. So it doesn't sound like she's a huge fan personally.
Jane is the uber bachelorette, so that could be every man though :lmao:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Garrett is retained in any role, it can't be as coach. There would be a mutiny!

If anything, "promote" Garrett to a front office role of some sort. He is decent at talent evaluation

Cas2800

Reaction score
I honestly believe for the FIRST time the many who are promising that they are done with Dallas if The Clapping Carrot is brought back....because I am one of them, and I mean it with 100% conviction. I can no longer even stomach the sight of the boob with the Bat Utility Belt who signals going for 1 in the first quarter....much less stomaching the sound of his voice. This coming from a person who has only missed watching ONE game in the last 30 years....and that was due to the Satellite going out in my Cabo Hotel. I don't think Jerry has ANY clue just how fed up fans are right now....and just how many have finally gone to cheering for losses in hopes that the The Clapping Carrot's coffin lid is finally nailed shut. Again. me included.
Honestly the only way Jerry will even think of a change is for fans to hit him on the business side of it. The fact that many on here are just happy if we make the playoffs and continue with the same ole is exactly they there is no change. Jerry knows fans will stay and keep buying everything Cowboy related who hes getting the best of both worlds. Aikman was right.....all he cares about all week is the business side of making money, then on the weekend wants to know why were losing. Those fans who are happy with just making the playoffs are the same people who think every kid should get a participation trophy. SOFT!

Corso

Reaction score
If Garrett is retained in any role, it can't be as coach. There would be a mutiny!

If anything, "promote" Garrett to a front office role of some sort. He is decent at talent evaluation
And we know this how?

I mean, it takes injuries for more talent to get on the field.