Bryan Broaddus on Chaz Green

Rayman70

Reaction score
ROFL. JC is pretty much hilarious and charming but he is not humble.
He literally believes he could be a better GM than Will McClay.

He is a good listen and he often cracks me up but he has the certainty of the young guys who just started scouting and haven't seen how surefire dudes bomb and leave everyone sick.

And most of his knowledge comes directly from Broaddus who provides scouting tips but also what the Cowboys looked for in past eras for size/speed requirements.
I believe it. lol...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hes gonna cost us a roster spot. Thats the harm. Someone else more worthy will be cut and go to another team,just for the sake of saving face. Makes no sense. Cant run a ball club that way and win.
Ray, Green is bad, but he's still going to be a top 10 OL on this team for camp.
If we adequately draft and sign the right guys then we cut Green in camp and that's a good sign but it's pointless to cut him now for some other street free agent.

What he team can't do is decide he is the 5th or 6th best guy and force him on the field like they did TWICE last year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ray, Green is bad, but he's still going to be a top 10 OL on this team for camp.
If we adequately draft and sign the right guys then we cut Green in camp and that's a good sign but it's pointless to cut him now for some other street free agent.

What he team can't do is decide he is the 5th or 6th best guy and force him on the field like they did TWICE last year.
I hear ya..but I find it hard to believe he's even the 10th best olineman we can muster...even in camp. Either he will have to come in to camp in awesome shape or I just dont see how we keep him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we can bring an undrafted guy in and beat him out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I just look at roster spots as currency. If a player is taking up a roster slot..then he had better be proving his value to the team. Thats what teams like the Patriots and now the Iggles do. Draft stature matters not with the winning teams...

Dre11

Reaction score
Sorry.....but Chaz DOES not belong on an NFL field. I am an average dude,but well learned in the game of football..a Dallas fan since Roger was the QB . The eye ball test says he's a bust. Like Broaddus as far as entertainment value..I do get fired up listening to him,but listen..the guy lost all cred on his Chaz Green crazy agrument. Im not the only one who has had it with him. Dallas has a sickness called square peg round hole syndrome.

You saw the guy have one bad game and you claim to know he doesn't belong on a NFL field, just because you watched since Roger, so you know more than an the folks who make scouting and talent evaluation, they're professional job?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry just can't admit failure...and in the end if we dont cut Green,Dak will get hurt. What we do in this draft at oline will be key in Daks health and the teams success going forward. We can talk all we want aboiut a speed WR or replacing Witten(which we need to)..but the glaring needs are on the Oline/Dline/ Linebacker/safety/WR/TE . In that order. This draft MUST be about fixing the OLINE.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chaz Green was fine at OG early in the year. He was not as good as cooper but he was more than serviceable . He was much better the year before at LT.

I think Green is injury prone but I also believe that his issues at LT last year were because they tried switching him back and forth between the interior and outside. The footwork, hands, timing, etc are completely different.

There is no reason to give up on Green yet. And mind you I think Broaddus is extremely unreliable too.
This is a very good take.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You saw the guy have one bad game and you claim to know he doesn't belong on a NFL field, just because you watched since Roger, so you know more than an the folks who make scouting and talent evaluation, they're professional job?
Thats what you took from my statements? Wow..like you some Chazzy boy do ya? Anyone who has eyes to see with will tell you the truth about Chaz Green. He stinks on ice. He would be my third string Guard at best. You wanna see our franchise QB get hurt? If Tyron goes down again guess what? In comes Mr. Turnstile himself. You that confident he will be suddenly IN SHAPE too? I think its a little bit fantastical of you. History says he is what he is right now...

Rayman70

Reaction score
To be clear..I'm talking about multiple bad games. Even if I were talking about 1 bad game..does it matter? You need more convincing? Holy cow man...Some cannot see the forest for the trees.

Dre11

Reaction score
Thats what you took from my statements? Wow..like you some Chazzy boy do ya? Anyone who has eyes to see with will tell you the truth about Chaz Green. He stinks on ice. He would be my third string Guard at best. You wanna see our franchise QB get hurt? If Tyron goes down again guess what? In comes Mr. Turnstile himself. You that confident he will be suddenly IN SHAPE too? I think its a little bit fantastical of you. History says he is what he is right now...

So what did you say when he filled in for Smith before last season? Did you say he was a turnstile? You're only basing it off last season's game vs Atlanta. Outside of that 1 game, he played fine. Now injury prone? That's a different story.

Dre11

Reaction score
To be clear..I'm talking about multiple bad games. Even if I were talking about 1 bad game..does it matter? You need more convincing? Holy cow man...Some cannot see the forest for the trees.

You haven't seen multiple bad games, you're not being honest, because the guy barely played

Rayman70

Reaction score
To be completely honest and fair to Chaz...our coaches did him wrong. He got some help,but when he did it wasnt where he needed the help(the outside). My suggestion would be to put him at back up guard if we must keep him. But I BEG of the ownership...PLEASE do not put him at LT.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So what did you say when he filled in for Smith before last season? Did you say he was a turnstile? You're only basing it off last season's game vs Atlanta. Outside of that 1 game, he played fine. Now injury prone? That's a different story.
yes I did..he's always been out of shape,lacks endurance thus has poor technique and gets beat.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He had small moments where he held his own,but too few to recall.