Bryan Broaddus on Chaz Green

bdk76

Reaction score
Jimmy and Bill woulda cut him on the spot

Jimmy and Bill wouldn't have tried to turn there swing tackle into a guard to try and fill a need. They would have left Chaz at tackle and had him ready to play if Smith or Collins went down.

sbark

Reaction score
Bring him into camp, let him focus on one position, hopefully the new OLine coach from Cinn. who is bringing the G.Bay "low arms/hug "technique can do a re-clamation project on Chaz

this is another diff between Garretts and for instance Jimmy Johnson, Johnson would've seen C.Greens regression as he had alot more contract drills in practice all year long. My understanding Garrett reallly backs off on contact during the season, which I can see for players such as Tyron, S.Lee, TFred, Zeke, Martin and more..................but there are young players, players forced into "position flex" crappola that need game replicated contact reps to keep progression............

diefree666

Reaction score
I don't agree w/Broaddus about a number of things. Prolly don't agree on Chaz. But Broaddus is fine. He's passionate, articulate and has some professional history in the sport.

Some of you can't call it a day without whining about 1,000 different things. Maybe they can add the to the Apple Watch...monitor your steps...and your moans.
larry lacewell has professional history in the sport as well

MASSIVE FAIL

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Broaddus won't let Dane Brugler answer a question. Even if a fan calls in for Brugler, Broaddus can't help himself; he just has to butt in. He'll even interrupt someone after he asks them a question. The guy cannot stop talking. "There you go".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is quite an exaggeration. He was awful, but let's keep things in perspective

For "perspective", Clayborn finished one sack short of the all-time record of seven.

For "perspective", Green was benched and never even saw the field again, despite Bell being equally awful.

There's some "perspective."

Rayman70

Reaction score
That one game was possibly the worst display of OT play in the history of the NFL. Psychologically he may never get over it. You can blame that on Garrett.
THANK YOU! I thought maybe for a second Isaw a different game lol. I dont understand the Chaz love at all.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love to rip on Bryan as much as the next guy but it wasn’t exactly a newsflash that Chaz was better last year at swing and he wasn’t terrible at LG but still got beat out by a very average cooper

The coaching staff moving Chaz instead of letting him staying a all the way swing tackle knowing Tyron was having Issues even in training camp shows me how far off the pulse they truly are

This is definitely a factor.

Chaz Green being what he is aside, who's looking at him and making these decisions? Who saw his work and thought he'd be good?

From the outside, it sure looks like Frank Pollack is getting the blame and lost his job as a result. Maybe it was his fault, and maybe he's being made the scapegoat? The latter wouldn't surprise me because we've seen that plenty of times already.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well no one is making anyone listen/watch/read Broaddus so. . .
Very true. Guess its like watching a trainwreck unfold...gotta slow down and look at the carnage lol..If anything he's entertaining..but still a moron.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Let's see what Alexander can do with him
No offense intended at all,but short of Alexander getting this dude in game shape endurance wise,this guy will be cut. The guy is out of shape,unmotivated and lastly,not very good. Thats alot to ask of ANY Oline coach.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The most obvious sign that a fan does not study the game footage or players is when they obsess about cutting some low level player.

Casual fans obsessed about Jeff Heath over the years.

It's silly to obsess over those players. Only highly paid players that under perform "need to be cut".

Nobody should care about Green's status. They should care about having other options at Swing Tackle but Chaz Green is not preventing the team from acquiring another OT. Jeff Heath is NOT preventing the team from acquiring another Safety.

Casual fans obsess about these players because any clown could see that Chaz Green was terrible in the Atlanta game. It takes time and effort to actually go back and review him in other games where his performance was not obvious to casual fans. Most had no clue he started 2 games at LT in 2016.

It's the same clown mentality that had fans whining about La'el in the Denver game because he gave up some obvious pressure/sacks in the 4th quarter. What the clown posse couldn't see is that he shutdown Von Miller for the first 3 quarters before finally having some struggles once they were passing on every snap and the pass rushers didn't have to worry about defending the run.

Personnally I think Chaz Green is too injury prone to become a starter; however, I do think he can be decent when healthy. I would consider drafting an OT early, but Chaz Green should stay on the roster and go to training camp with the team. If they find a better option that performs in training camp, they can move on from Green; however, right now they don't have any proven quality options at Swing Tackle.
Decent? Based off what footage? You have some secret knowledge none of us here have? As far as Heath...not I..I like Heath,just not as a starter. But I like his instincts and tenacity. We need more guys like him,a blue chipper. Problem is we have too many front runners that feel entitled. So dont throw all of us into your basket of "casual obsessed fans." We simply see a player that either is playing out of position,or simply lacks the skill level to stay on the field. Take that as you will,but those are the facts. Its not very complicated man. The game film dont lie.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't listen to or read broaddus. If he's defending green, he delusional. I believe in the parcells adage "believe your eyes". Green sucked. I'd release him.
Again..AMEN!!. not sure why I am seeing people on here in the "keep Green" camp. Be careful what you wish for because if he's protecting Dak...Dak will get beat up as we saw last year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jimmy and Bill wouldn't have tried to turn there swing tackle into a guard to try and fill a need. They would have left Chaz at tackle and had him ready to play if Smith or Collins went down.
The player must have a skill set in order for a coach to get said player ready for action. Green stinks man...I dont think any coach would help him. Best case scenario is play him at guard...3rd string.

cern

Reaction score
Again..AMEN!!. not sure why I am seeing people on here in the "keep Green" camp. Be careful what you wish for because if he's protecting Dak...Dak will get beat up as we saw last year.
I used to think green would be a player. But always injured. Many think the coaching staff blew it last year working him out at guard, but I think they did so after deciding he stunk at tackle. It was his last chance. He failed his test.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Broaddus won't let Dane Brugler answer a question. Even if a fan calls in for Brugler, Broaddus can't help himself; he just has to butt in. He'll even interrupt someone after he asks them a question. The guy cannot stop talking. "There you go".
Bingo. Broaddus likes him some HIM. He IS delusional. Love his passion and shock value he brings,but he clearly is either a terrible evaluator of talent,or is lying through his teeth to keep his job with the Cowboys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I used to think green would be a player. But always injured. Many think the coaching staff blew it last year working him out at guard, but I think they did so after deciding he stunk at tackle. It was his last chance. He failed his test.
Like I said,best case is he is a 3rd string guard and stays on the practice squad. His main issue is 2 fold. He is woefully out of shape..no endurance. Secondly,he lacks the skills to help the team. He's a major liability.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"The player must have a skill set in order for a coach to get said player ready for action"

Who says he doesn't? His draft profile says:
"Plays with good footwork and overall pass-protection technique on his initial pass sets. Hand placement is adequate. Plays with open eyes and desired football intelligence. Has a feel for stunts, twists and blitzes and can pick them up. Good initial quickness to get to tough reach blocks and climbs smoothly to second-level blocks."

Not every player is a Larry Allen, who can transition from one offensive line position to another one, trying to make him a guard could very well have ******** his development.

That being said, I'd have to say that he should be put back solely at tackle in otas, camp and pre-season, and if he doesn't show significant improvement, then he should probably be released....

Rayman70

Reaction score
"The player must have a skill set in order for a coach to get said player ready for action"

Who says he doesn't? His draft profile says:
"Plays with good footwork and overall pass-protection technique on his initial pass sets. Hand placement is adequate. Plays with open eyes and desired football intelligence. Has a feel for stunts, twists and blitzes and can pick them up. Good initial quickness to get to tough reach blocks and climbs smoothly to second-level blocks."

Not every player is a Larry Allen, who can transition from one offensive line position to another one, trying to make him a guard could very well have ******** his development.

That being said, I'd have to say that he should be put back solely at tackle in otas, camp and pre-season, and if he doesn't show significant improvement, then he should probably be released....
That scouting report should be rolled up and used for toilet paper. Means nothing whatsoever if a guy can't be a pro. My gut says he will be in camp..given a chance,then cut in preseason. Scouting reports are overrated. They are only guidelines,not etched in stone. Maybe in college he was ok,but so far he has been a major flop. Dont listen to me...go watch some of his games,or have you forgotten?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Put him back at tackle? ARE YA NUTS? The guy is in no way a pro tackle. Accept it! Do you really want to see this guy protecting our franchise QB? Hey..I cheer for the guys success..that would be the surprise of th year. But I'm not seeing the basis for your argument. HE IS A GUARD and not even a 2nd string guard.