Bryan Broaddus on Chaz Green

Rayman70

Reaction score
You haven't seen multiple bad games, you're not being honest, because the guy barely played
The rams preseason game in 2016 in L.A. It was terrible. He started that game. The starters played in the first half and the Rams had camp bodies in there beating him like a drum play after play. Go look. It was just as bad as the Falcon game. I have no reason to make stuff up...I love my Cowboys,but sometimes even we fans have to admit when a project is a failed undertaking.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
So what did you say when he filled in for Smith before last season? Did you say he was a turnstile? You're only basing it off last season's game vs Atlanta. Outside of that 1 game, he played fine. Now injury prone? That's a different story.
That one game was possibly the worst display of OT play in the history of the NFL. Psychologically he may never get over it. You can blame that on Garrett.

Tristan

Reaction score
Why the hell is Chaz Green still on this team? I would’ve cut him at halftime of the Atlanta game and made him walk back to Dallas. That’s after my foot was surgically removed from his ***. Absolutely no excuse whatsoever for a supposedly professional athlete to perform that pathetically.
Jimmy and Bill woulda cut him on the spot

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I just look at roster spots as currency. If a player is taking up a roster slot..then he had better be proving his value to the team. Thats what teams like the Patriots and now the Iggles do. Draft stature matters not with the winning teams...

when you have 90, one of them just isn't worth that much currency.

Dre11

Reaction score
The rams preseason game in 2016 in L.A. It was terrible. He started that game. The starters played in the first half and the Rams had camp bodies in there beating him like a drum play after play. Go look. It was just as bad as the Falcon game. I have no reason to make stuff up...I love my Cowboys,but sometimes even we fans have to admit when a project is a failed undertaking.

then came back the following week vs Dolphins and played well ,then Played well in in 2016 filling in again for Smith. Did that not happen?

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/201...chaz-green-to-have-back-surgery-out-for-2016/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...earn-as-with-dominating-performance/92638416/

Last edited:

Gator88

Reaction score
That one game was possibly the worst display of OT play in the history of the NFL. Psychologically he may never get over it. You can blame that on Garrett.
This is quite an exaggeration. He was awful, but let's keep things in perspective

fansince68

Reaction score
Hes gonna cost us a roster spot. Thats the harm. Someone else more worthy will be cut and go to another team,just for the sake of saving face. Makes no sense. Cant run a ball club that way and win.
What a defeatist attitude this team has. Green should have been cut long time ago. The message "I can play crappie, feign injury every training camp and still collect a check".

Bigdog

Reaction score
Why the hell is Chaz Green still on this team? I would’ve cut him at halftime of the Atlanta game and made him walk back to Dallas. That’s after my foot was surgically removed from his ***. Absolutely no excuse whatsoever for a supposedly professional athlete to perform that pathetically.
Jimmy Johnson is that you?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
This team gets WAY too cute with cross training players. Chaz should be a RT. Period. Maybe a swing tackle. But then you make him a guard too?? Same thing with Jones. Is he a corner? Is he a safety? No one on the team has any damn clue. Pick a player. Put him at a position and let him learn it

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
This is quite an exaggeration. He was awful, but let's keep things in perspective
I said “possibly” the worst display of OT play in the history of the NFL. I think that is pretty accurate. He gave up 6 sacks in 3 quarters of play. Were mincing words here, awful or the worst, who cares get rid of him.

Verdict

Reaction score
Broaddus is very good about responding to tweets. He seems like a nice guy.

That having been said, he seems wrong most of the time. It is very hard to believe he was actually a scout for anyone.

Either he doesn't know what in the hell he is talking about or the team is deliberately using him to spread false information/propaganda.

Verdict

Reaction score
This team gets WAY too cute with cross training players. Chaz should be a RT. Period. Maybe a swing tackle. But then you make him a guard too?? Same thing with Jones. Is he a corner? Is he a safety? No one on the team has any damn clue. Pick a player. Put him at a position and let him learn it

This position flex is way over rated if the player isn't really good at more than one position what's the point. I have position flex too. I could be a corner, safety, cornerback, coach of the Cowboys, GM hell I could do it all. Then again who knows how good I would be at it. lol

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The loyalty some people show to this unreliable player who quite frankly aspires to be average is astonishing. But I guess it is better to say that than admit we completely blew it ever trusting him. Go Cowboys!

Verdict

Reaction score

I can't speak for historically bad but it was damn sure way up there in "stink factor". Way up there.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I love to rip on Bryan as much as the next guy but it wasn’t exactly a newsflash that Chaz was better last year at swing and he wasn’t terrible at LG but still got beat out by a very average cooper

The coaching staff moving Chaz instead of letting him staying a all the way swing tackle knowing Tyron was having Issues even in training camp shows me how far off the pulse they truly are

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My take on the guy is he will ALWAYS be wrong,almost right on schedule. If he says something about a player..the opposite is likely true. He had some commentary on D.C.com about actually..the argument as to why we need to keep Chaz Green. I AM NOT KIDDING. Neither is he. From time to time I watch his draft prospect video breakdowns...and this guy is really all over the map. I think we are seeing why he is no longer a scout. I think Stevie Wonder could do better. Broaddus is stealing money from JJ IMO. He lost me on his Chaz Green take.

The most obvious sign that a fan does not study the game footage or players is when they obsess about cutting some low level player.

Casual fans obsessed about Jeff Heath over the years.

It's silly to obsess over those players. Only highly paid players that under perform "need to be cut".

Nobody should care about Green's status. They should care about having other options at Swing Tackle but Chaz Green is not preventing the team from acquiring another OT. Jeff Heath is NOT preventing the team from acquiring another Safety.

Casual fans obsess about these players because any clown could see that Chaz Green was terrible in the Atlanta game. It takes time and effort to actually go back and review him in other games where his performance was not obvious to casual fans. Most had no clue he started 2 games at LT in 2016.

It's the same clown mentality that had fans whining about La'el in the Denver game because he gave up some obvious pressure/sacks in the 4th quarter. What the clown posse couldn't see is that he shutdown Von Miller for the first 3 quarters before finally having some struggles once they were passing on every snap and the pass rushers didn't have to worry about defending the run.

Personnally I think Chaz Green is too injury prone to become a starter; however, I do think he can be decent when healthy. I would consider drafting an OT early, but Chaz Green should stay on the roster and go to training camp with the team. If they find a better option that performs in training camp, they can move on from Green; however, right now they don't have any proven quality options at Swing Tackle.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I don't even care how bad he is, Green can't stay on the field. IMO this is another case of falling in love w/ a player just because we drafted him.

Your point that "Green can't stay on the field" is bad enough alone to make him a waste of cap space. He's big time injury prone and always has been.
Plus as far as I'm concerned he's not worth much more on the field than he is on the bench.