BTB: 2016 NFL Draft Order: Cowboys Currently Picking Fourth Overall

Sydla

Reaction score
We might have to wait a long time to get someone like Luck and hopefully tank at the right time.

So what? Why waste a Top 5 pick on a QB that might only be there because teams overvalue QBs and really isn't a Top 5 QB? Too many people take such a simplistic look at this......... Top 5 pick, could use a QB = HAVE TO TAKE A QB..............

Let's go further. I just looked at the top two teams in every division and their QBs

Of the 16 teams in the top two positions in each division, only 6 QBs were taken in the Top 5. And of those 6................ one was Alex Smith, another was Sam Bradford. So of the 16 QBs in first or 2nd place in their divisions right now, only 4 that were Top 5 picks are really all that good.

Take a QB for development. Sure. Just don't waste a Top 5 pick on one in this draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, you can't pass on them.

You absolutely can.

Neither is even in the same ballpark as say a true Top 5 QB like a Luck or Newton or Winston. Further, neither even has the pedigree or talent of a kid like Sam Bradford when he came out.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
If we can somehow ruin the Skins season in Week 17 while also remaining in the top 4, i'll be a happy man.

silver

Reaction score
You absolutely can.

Neither is even in the same ballpark as say a true Top 5 QB like a Luck or Newton or Winston. Further, neither even has the pedigree or talent of a kid like Sam Bradford when he came out.

Have you seen them play? Lynch is an absolute beast. He's the best QB since Rothlisberguer. Goff looks more like a skinny Brady. I'd take either one with my 1st rounder and wont look back.

silver

Reaction score
Yes, yes you can. The CB and DT prospects are better, for us. If we aren't sure on them, you trade back and build up on picks. This is not the year to go for a QB.

If we had a decent QB this year we would have clinched the playoffs by now. Yes we need a QB more than any other position.

Sydla

Reaction score
Have you seen them play? Lynch is an absolute beast. He's the best QB since Rothlisberguer. Goff looks more like a skinny Brady. I'd take either one with my 1st rounder and wont look back.

LOL. Best since Big Ben? Hard to take you seriously after that comment.

Neither guy, by many of the better scouting guides, is considered an elite QB talent like a Luck, etc.

Your post has to be hyperbole.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
The thing about trading or picking there wasn't for you specifically. That was a continuation of my post in regards to the rest of the topic.

And, yes, when you mourn a win you need your head examined.

I'm sick of people talking about loser mentality around here and then have that tanking for the 'future' loser mentality. There is nothing worse, when it comes to sports, then for people to actually root for losses, or any of that bull****.

Thank God the players don't share that attitude. I would want every single one of them who did cut immediately.

And while I like people, like yourself, on these forums who have that loser mentality I would never want anyone with that outlook having anything to do with a sports team that I was a fan of, or part of, cause that loser line of thinking, and approach, is absolutely disgusting.

This is idealistic silliness, in my opinion.

I can tell you in 1988 i was rooting for Cowboy losses like no tomorrow, and when Green Bay won a meaningless game on the last day of the season to ensure that we, and not they, would have the opportunity to draft Troy Aikman i was ecstatic.

Loser mentalities, what a crock, seriously. I can hear all those Packer fans now seated around their stoves talking about how 'dang nab proud' they are of their team not laying down and even though it cost them Aikman vs. Mandarich it ensured a winning culture going forward.

Most fans with any sense will always look at the big picture.

Every year is different, there are countless examples of teams sort of, kind of, maybe not giving it all to win everything late in a season. The following seasons are seldom dependent on the previous, especially if top talent is acquired because of it. There are too many factors, new players, new coaches etc.. etc..

I've seen a lot of posters in numerous threads taking a lot of heat for their subversive losing thinking, i would suggest their chastisers lay off the romance novels.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If we had a decent QB this year we would have clinched the playoffs by now. Yes we need a QB more than any other position.

And you for some reason think a rookie QB would have came in and played at a level to get our team to the playoffs? Really?

silver

Reaction score
LOL. Best since Big Ben? Hard to take you seriously after that comment.

Neither guy, by many of the better scouting guides, is considered an elite QB talent like a Luck, etc.

Your post has to be hyperbole.

We'll see. I havent seen the guides, only the games.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No, you can't pass on them.

Are you saying this because they are among the top five players in the draft or because we need to plan for the future at the position?

Sydla

Reaction score
Paxton Lynch is a better prospect than Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, etc.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Beautiful! I don't want a Top-3 pick, too much pressure. Gimme the 4th or 5th pick and whatever top prospect ends up getting passed up by the first teams picking. I'm not sold on Goff or Lynch.