News: BTB: Cowboys pet peeve: People who want to move on from Dak Prescott

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My favorite statement by some of those same low IQ Dak haters is "a good quarterback is supposed to elevate the talent around him" (when talking about Dak)

But when you mention a few other quarterbacks in the NFL who didn't do squat in their first 6th, 7th, and 8th year, these same delusional haters say, " well (fill in the blank) didn’t have talent around them" or "(fill in the blank) played under bad coaching and a bad GM".... as if Dak played under Belichick, Kyle Shanahan, or Andy Reid and also a great front office.

So Dak is expected to elevate the talent around him, but other quarterbacks and many quarterbacks drafted higher than him are given built in excuses for their 7, 8 year failures or lack of Superbowl success.

The low IQ hating hypocrites with the cowardly demeanor are truly entertaining.
Dak does elevate the talent around him. Anyone that says otherwise is a moron.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It really isn't. It just isn't. 18 PPG and the 32nd ranked rushing attack. Their O was terrible.
You’re placing emphasis on the opponent . Which I’m not denying it was a weak playoff team. I’m just placing emphasis on knocking one of the monkeys off our back winning a road playoff game . All we can do is play who’s on the schedule .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re using their record as the only talking point ignoring the other facts in the Cowboys winning their 1st road playoff game since 1992. And their 1st win against the GOAT.

Against a team we lost in the opener against the SB champion two years removed . Yes, they had a losing record but we were mildly favored . And then lost on the road against a team we were underdogs and weren’t expected to win.

It’s not making excuses . Dak crapped the bed in SF. Crucial turnovers were killers . And the 49ers defense dominated. Our defense which had slid in second half of season didn’t perform at its highest level either. IMO the best team won.
Yes im using their record. "You are what your record says you are".
We beat losers. When we faced areal a playoff team we choked.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I’m not boasting about beating a 8-9 team. But I do believe winning our first road playoff game in 30 years is notable, regardless who the opponent was. Not to mention finally beating Brady.

We take our victory laps where we can with this dysfunctional organization. Lol
When you beat a pathetic team you should NEVER boast about it. Beating a old Brady on a pathetic team? THAT IS MEANINGLESS

thinking it does mean something is the mark of a loser

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And the fact this has been happening for a long time, even before Dak, is the crux of the problem. Aside from a few outlier seasons, the Cowboys have been a competitive team since they last won a Super Bowl. And since 2006 they have made the playoffs eight times, fell one game short of making it five times, and were really only bad three times (2010, 2015, and 2020 when either Romo or Dak were out for extended time).

It seems like the Jones boys are content with just having a good, competitive team that has "a chance". Success in Dallas used to be measured in championships. Dak bashing is a tidy way to lump a much bigger problem onto one convenient scapegoat.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When you beat a pathetic team you should NEVER boast about it. Beating a old Brady on a pathetic team? THAT IS MEANINGLESS

thinking it does mean something is the mark of a loser
Boasting about finally winning a playoff game on the road doesn’t have to be directly tied to boasting about the opponent .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We beat a losing record playoff team on the road to finally knock one of our monkey off our backs 30 years in the making but still came up short again against a better opponent on the road . You like that better . Lol

Just for the record I wouldn’t call Brady a loser even if it was a poor playoff team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And the fact this has been happening for a long time, even before Dak, is the crux of the problem. Aside from a few outlier seasons, the Cowboys have been a competitive team since they last won a Super Bowl. And since 2006 they have made the playoffs eight times, fell one game short of making it five times, and were really only bad three times (2010, 2015, and 2020 when either Romo or Dak were out for extended time).

It seems like the Jones boys are content with just having a good, competitive team that has "a chance". Success in Dallas used to be measured in championships. Dak bashing is a tidy way to lump a much bigger problem onto one convenient scapegoat.
Right… relative and interesting product is easier to hype .

But as long as the Cowboys carry the longest streak in NFL with playoff appearances without a championship game the criticism will continue . And it should !!

Too bad we can’t make Jethro hurt in the back pocket for this disappointing era . That’s what bothers me the most.

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Boasting about finally winning a playoff game on the road doesn’t have to be directly tied to boasting about the opponent .
Seems that is EXACTLY what you are doing while claiming otherwise.
Like a used car salesman selling a lemon and being proud of it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Seems that is EXACTLY what you are doing while claiming otherwise.
Like a used car salesman selling a lemon and being proud of it.
Not at all.

Cowboy fans can declare our road playoff drought is over regardless who our opponent was.

If you finally bust a nut it doesn’t have to be with the best looking girl. Lol

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
For some reason fans think a SB win is only about the QB
Marino must have been the worst QB ever lol
Bad example, for the people that don't know, Marino is a Top 5 QB in the history of his position. Not bad for a guy who has never won a Superbowl.. I understand the point that you are trying to make, maybe you should have used a different example.. No one that ever saw him play will consider him as "less than" for never winning a Super Bowl. At least he got there once.. If you're talking pure passing ability I'll take Marino over anyone.

Hadenough

Reaction score
For some reason fans think a SB win is only about the QB
Marino must have been the worst QB ever lol
That's a stretch! But the truth of the matter is the league has turned into a passing league and done everything to protect WRs and QBs. Defenses are not allowed intimidating hits on WRs going over the middle or allowing DEs to slam QBs to the ground. The teams that are winning SBs all have top QBs because even though it's a team game the QB is the most important position on the field. If you don't have a QB that can make plays under pressure your offense will struggle and that's exactly what is happening in Dallas.

conner01

Reaction score
That's a stretch! But the truth of the matter is the league has turned into a passing league and done everything to protect WRs and QBs. Defenses are not allowed intimidating hits on WRs going over the middle or allowing DEs to slam QBs to the ground. The teams that are winning SBs all have top QBs because even though it's a team game the QB is the most important position on the field. If you don't have a QB that can make plays under pressure your offense will struggle and that's exactly what is happening in Dallas.
No doubt QB’s are more important than ever but a great QB itself doesn’t guarantee a ring either. Rodgers is an alltime heat has one
Stafford isn’t that elite but he won one with a super loaded team
Mahomes is no doubt the best there is but there isn’t another Mahomes to go get. Mahomes is the only QB in the nfl that can win without a great team around him
Allen, burrow are elite QB’s but they won’t win till the rest of their teams get better

Hadenough

Reaction score
No doubt QB’s are more important than ever but a great QB itself doesn’t guarantee a ring either. Rodgers is an alltime heat has one
Stafford isn’t that elite but he won one with a super loaded team
Mahomes is no doubt the best there is but there isn’t another Mahomes to go get. Mahomes is the only QB in the nfl that can win without a great team around him
Allen, burrow are elite QB’s but they won’t win till the rest of their teams get better
I do agree! But the Rams were the last NFC team left that could take out one of the top 3 AFC teams. I feel the NFC is falling behind because the QBs.

basel90

Reaction score
yes and a no. his rookie year, just getting to playoff was great. subsequent years as a team we may have had offensive weapons, but defense lacked. of offense lacked weapons and defense was good.
Dak is not elite. will never be. so we need a stronger team around him. its not unprecedented. plenty of others have done it. you just can't be gauranteed an Elite QB. there is so few and teams will pay two arms, two legs and the owners first born to keep one.

btw, just because you read those names, doesn't mean he was lumping them with those HOFers....but I know how dak detractors react. I didn't read it that way.

and I wish we had a manning or elway. but where do we find one? people say lets go draft a mahomes, but how is that done? 19 out of 20 first round QBs are not elite. ..

and I have never heard you provide an alternative. just complaints.
well if dak is not the solution to getting to a SB (8 years and counting with Dak), then he is a big part of the problem. His continous meltdowns in crucial games are now a documented syndrome. he is regressing already , just look at his interceptoins to TD ratio.
To answer your question of how do you find the next elite QB , well you have to draft one and then pick one. Cincinnati did , and KC did , and if you say these are first round QBs, , well the eagles found QBs to take them to the SB from second round and lower round and got to the SB twice in the last 7 years , winning one and counting.
The dak is the best option argument is getting weaker and disproven year over year. Me and you have been discussing this for 4 years by now.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think the reality is Dak can be a good QB and right now there is no alternative. I have to believe a big part of McCarthy's move to take over of the offense was to reign Dak in and get him to play within a system rather than allowing him to continue trying to carry the offense with his arm.

I could never understand why the Cowboys would permit Dak to veer away from the analytics of their win rate in relation to pass attempts and run attempts. Even without Pollard vs. the 49ers, the Cowboys had a better chance handing the ball to Davis than to expect Dak to throw them to victory.

Moving on from Moore was the first step toward reclamation of Dak. The Cowboy have to get back to developing QBs. Cooper Rush is nothing more than a smart back up who can hold the fort for a few games. As we saw in Philly, his lack of physical skills create an immovable ceiling that he plays very close to.
Very valid post.