Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I wanted Romo gone too. This team will never win anything until it prioritizes having a top QB with pedigree. I am so excited for other teams. I hope the Commanders found that pedigree. Dak is such a POS.
You believe rookie QB Jayden Daniels for the Commanders is all that good???

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Exactly, a pump fake after the stare down and you have Cooks or any other inside receiver running free in space by the time you reset. There are all manner of solutions to the problem. They just seemed to panic and suck.

I don't know what to think. Garrett and Moore used to 'simplify reads' for him with the triple curl extravaganza. To be fair that is not all on him. The WR and TE were not exactly brimming with disciplined talent.
It wasn’t even a pump fake. There wasn’t even a real play action. Dak literally half-***** his arm out to the running back who comes across. For practically the entire time when he gets back from the center through the latter motion to the time the ball leaves his hands he is staring down CeeDee. He literally does not turn his head elsewhere. He has done this multiple times and been picked off for it. It’s fine if he gets the ball out as quick as Brady, but he does not. On a slant you throw it as soon as the receiver breaks. At this point CeeDee is open, Dak is still looking at him and the ball comes out late. Even Kurt says the ball needs to come out at that point. The “play-action” has nothing to do with it being late. Kurt mentions that his opinion is he doesn’t like that anything extra like this to happen on a quick slant because such a play should get the ball out as soon as possible and fuzzily says he thinks there is something wrong with the timing of the play. But I don’t buy that this slows Dak down any, only his own inability to make the quick throw on time for reasons previously stated, which has been an issue for him for a while now.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It wasn’t even a pump fake. There wasn’t even a real play action. Dak literally half-***** his arm out to the running back who comes across. For practically the entire time when he gets back from the center through the latter motion to the time the ball leaves his hands he is staring down CeeDee. He literally does not turn his head elsewhere. He has done this multiple times and been picked off for it. It’s fine if he gets the ball out as quick as Brady, but he does not. On a slant you throw it as soon as the receiver breaks. At this point CeeDee is open, Dak is still looking at him and the ball comes out late. Even Kurt says the ball needs to come out at that point. The “play-action” has nothing to do with it being late. Kurt mentions that his opinion is he doesn’t like that anything extra like this to happen on a quick slant because such a play should get the ball out as soon as possible and fuzzily says he thinks there is something wrong with the timing of the play. But I don’t buy that this slows Dak down any, only his own inability to make the quick throw on time for reasons previously stated, which has been an issue for him for a while now.
I never said that a pump fake happened. I was pointing to a possible solution.

I've seen Dak look off receivers an progress through reads. He threw very few picks overall last season. GB threw something at him that he was not prepared for and was late on his throws. It is his first year in the WCO.

That play was run several times and the inside corner peeled to bracket each time. Dak didn't see it once. That is what I am talking about. If you want to disagree with Kurt Warner and feign certainty you go ahead. I will just go with obvious premise like had he seen the coverage he would not have thrown it.

I recommend paragraphs every few sentences or so. Yours' is barely readable.

Sydla

Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah, “it’s all Daks fault”. Golden entertainment.
You said something that was false.

Can’t admit you made a mistake. What I said was factual. The defense stopped GBs second drive and then Dak promptly threw an interception that gave GBs offense excellent field position inside our own 20 yard line.

This is why you are considered one of the board’s biggest goofs.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I never said that a pump fake happened. I was pointing to a possible solution.

I've seen Dak look off receivers an progress through reads. He threw very few picks overall last season. GB threw something at him that he was not prepared for and was late on his throws. It is his first year in the WCO.

That play was run several times and the inside corner peeled to bracket each time. Dak didn't see it once. That is what I am talking about. If you want to disagree with Kurt Warner and feign certainty you go ahead. I will just go with obvious premise like had he seen the coverage he would not have thrown it.

I recommend paragraphs every few sentences or so. Yours' is barely readable.
Why would you pump fake on a quick slant? The latter is something you do when you want to hold the CB on a receiver stop/stutter so the QB can go over the top.

I never implied Dak hasn’t looked off receivers. I implied that he stares down receivers on plays similar to this, and does it more so in higher pressure situations. He did it against the 49ers in the playoffs in the 4th quarter on what was the Cowboys last or second to last drive when the LB should’ve had another pick six but just dropped it.

I don’t understand what he wasn’t prepared for here. There was no complex defense in place. The LB covering Cooks could either cover or rush him. When he did the latter, the safety Savage came up to cover him.

This kind of option has existed forever and choosing between the two is done by defenders on teams across the league including the Cowboys. That is something that should have been seen. It wasn’t even a high stakes down situation since it was 2nd and 2. Dak was staring down CeeDee the entire time.

Also, I never suggested that Kurt feigned certainty. Whether he is certain or not is irrelevant. He merely gave his opinion. He says “in my opinion” or “to me” or “I don’t think” or “I think it makes it hard for the QB” as his phrases.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
At the end of the day I would much prefer that this thread was all about people trying to say that Dak is an average QB that got carried to the super bowl wins. It is not. The team stunk and we lost and Dak needs excuses. He needs to be defended for his lack of. Eli needs to be defensed for his abundance of success. I know which situation I would prefer.

Brax

Reaction score
Funny how Dak can’t read defenses yet led the NFL in TD passes last year. In fact, he’s led the Cowboys to one of the best passing offenses in the NFL for several years now. Yet he can’t read defenses? :lmao: :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
What happened to that Dak in the playoffs, might it be better teams to play.

Brax

Reaction score
You said something that was false.

Can’t admit you made a mistake. What I said was factual. The defense stopped GBs second drive and then Dak promptly threw an interception that gave GBs offense excellent field position inside our own 20 yard line.

This is why you are considered one of the board’s biggest goofs.
Not going to happen, you will get insulted when he knows he’s wrong, just who he is, a legend in his own mind

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Why would you pump fake on a quick slant? The latter is something you do when you want to hold the CB on a receiver stop/stutter so the QB can go over the top.

I never implied Dak hasn’t looked off receivers. I implied that he stares down receivers on plays similar to this, and does it more so in higher pressure situations. He did it against the 49ers in the playoffs in the 4th quarter on what was the Cowboys last or second to last drive when the LB should’ve had another pick six but just dropped it.

I don’t understand what he wasn’t prepared for here. There was no complex defense in place. The LB covering Cooks could either cover or rush him. When he did the latter, the safety Savage came up to cover him.

This kind of option has existed forever and choosing between the two is done by defenders on teams across the league including the Cowboys. That is something that should have been seen. It wasn’t even a high stakes down situation since it was 2nd and 2. Dak was staring down CeeDee the entire time.

Also, I never suggested that Kurt feigned certainty. Whether he is certain or not is irrelevant. He merely gave his opinion. He says “in my opinion” or “to me” or “I don’t think” or “I think it makes it hard for the QB” as his phrases.
Because the inside corner is peeling looking for that throw. It would leave the slot wide open.

And describing a defense as simple based on what a single player did on a single play tells me I don't have the time to get you to understand.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dak threw the pics. As I see it he has 2 options:

1. Continue as is and hope that he improves or the situation around him improves.
2. Take responsibility and do everything in hos power to make sure it never happens again. This includes making sure the plays do not suck. It includes making sure the WRs run good routes. It means talking responsibility for everything.

IMHO he chooses Option 1 each year. He is not demanding anything from the players and coaches around him but he should be. At the end of the day it is gonna be his fault if we fail

Not fair I know but that is the job description if you want to be the highest paid QB in the NFL.

erod

Reaction score
Because so many safeties have led their terms to Super Bowls... lol.

Of course it takes a good team, but QBs make the biggest impact by a country mile.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
By most people here.

The fact you seem unaware of this is what makes it all the more funny.

And note, you just tried to change the subject instead of addressing the fact you said something clearly inaccurate.
It’s just the haters like your sort which is quite satisfying. Enough of the name calling. You can get benched for that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because so many safeties have led their terms to Super Bowls... lol.

Of course it takes a good team, but QBs make the biggest impact by a country mile.
Yeah Dak sucked on defense against the Packers. He couldn’t stop a fly. And single handedly giving up over 200 yards rushing to the Rams? The worst!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its always been a myth. Only casuals discuss the Qb position and no other positions.
Casuals? I like that. I will wish upon a star for that term to catch fire and eventually retire current labels like hater, lover, etc.

Now I shall ask Jiminy Cricket if my wish has any chance of becoming true. :D

~two seconds later~

Cricket said nope. :mad: