Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nice characterizations of my arguments. Have anything meaningful to add?

Frankly I would say that Dak throwing into coverage is a clear cause of a couple important results.
Of course it is. But what you don’t understand is the myriad of steps in the process of each play. Like the defense knows you can’t run the ball so they’ll play the pass. Or the fact that everytime GB had the ball they scored a TD in the first half. Little details like that you and many don’t understand. When you’re getting your *** handed to you in the trenches you have them by the balls. And when you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Of course it is. But what you don’t understand is the myriad of steps in the process of each play. Like the defense knows you can’t run the ball so they’ll play the pass. Or the fact that everytime GB had the ball they scored a TD in the first half. Little details like that you and many don’t understand. When you’re getting your *** handed to you in the trenches you have them by the balls. And when you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.
Yes I know all about your run game as panacea argument. I never put it all on Dak. Relax.

Dak not being able to see the field and throwing into coverage has been a consistent issue in these playoff losses nonetheless.

The root discussion is over a specific pass play where he throws into coverage after all.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes I know all about your run game as panacea argument. I never put it all on Dak. Relax.

Dak not being able to see the field and throwing into coverage has been a consistent issue in these playoff losses nonetheless.

The root discussion is over a specific pass play where he throws into coverage after all.
You just put in all on Dak several times in this thread.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, It may have been I didn't mention anyone else in one of my posts but never said it was exclusionary. I know I mentioned other factors like the TE, WR, and coaches.

You figured wrong but cannot let it go.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
It is all on Dak it’s the nature of the position. Deflecting to RB’s and TE’s is a sleight of hand.

He’s been horrible in the postseason and there is no defending that. The wasted time, energy and emotion invested in denying it is astounding. Who’s mind are you going to change?

The day he walks out the door is the day you’ll finally have to face reality.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is all on Dak it’s the nature of the position. Deflecting to RB’s and TE’s is a sleight of hand.

He’s been horrible in the postseason and there is no defending that. The wasted time, energy and emotion invested in denying it is astounding. Who’s mind are you going to change?

The day he walks out the door is the day you’ll finally have to face reality.
Can’t make this stuff up I tell you. Pure Gold Entertainment.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not absolving Dak from any blame, but the play should have never been created that way. Why pay millions to coaches who can't correct poorly designed plays?
Great. We agree. Bad play design.

But also......... BAD DECISION BY DAK to throw it.

That's what most of us have been saying here. I think many criticizing Dak's play also have issues with McCarthy and his coaching. In fact, I believe many who have Dak issues were fine if the Cowboys had fired McCarthy.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Who’s that guy? I said many times Dak had a bad game. You have to keep lying to dig out of the hole I put you in.
You've said he played bad but then turn around and say he wasn't the reason we lost and talking about how Mahomes couldn't have won the game, etc.

Here's a clue. Dak was A REASON we lost. A pretty big reason.

Sydla

Reaction score
Technically not accurate.

GB scored on their opening drive. Dak and the offense stunk on their opening drive and punted. The defense then STOPPED GB and got the ball back in the first quarter with the score just 7-0. Dak then threw that interception that gave the Packers the ball inside our 20 yard line.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Technically not accurate.

GB scored on their opening drive. Dak and the offense stunk on their opening drive and punted. The defense then STOPPED GB and got the ball back in the first quarter with the score just 7-0. Dak then threw that interception that gave the Packers the ball inside our 20 yard line.
Blah, blah, blah, “it’s all Daks fault”. Golden entertainment.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It was the first year of the installation. That play with the slants is a WCO staple. Sure there are adjustments and variations but they were running simple plays because Dak was struggling to see the field.

The problem is even with the simple play Dak couldn't see. If the play is bad and doesn't get anyone open that does not mean throw it anyway.
You guys still don't get it. The play-action cost Dak the second or two needed from the snap of the football to be able to read the defense making a change at the snap of the football. Dak was forced to throw blindly based on trust that the play's design would fool the defense, which it did not. It only hurt the offense and actually helped the opposing defense. Not hard to figure out and understand.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Proven wrong, turn to personal insults. Just sad.
You're absolutely wrong, K. You should know better. You know very well without any semblance of a run game and only 1 legit weapon at WR, our offense was a sitting duck, especially since our trenches on both sides absolutely stunk. The game was over before it started. You should have known this since for as long as I have known you, you correctly preach about why it's so important to have good Olines and Dlines...and how it affects the team and games.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
You're absolutely wrong, K. You should know better. You know very well without any semblance of a run game and only 1 legit weapon at WR, our offense was a sitting duck, especially since our trenches on both sides absolutely stunk. The game was over before it started. You should have known this since for as long as I have known you, you correctly preach about why it's so important to have good Olines and Dlines...and how it affects the team and games.
That's not what was being discussed, A. Rocky proclaimed GB scored every time they had the ball in the first half. Our D stopped them on their 2nd drive. Instead of being classy and maybe fact checking, Rocky just immediately turned to insults. Very sad.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
That's not what was being discussed, A. Rocky proclaimed GB scored every time they had the ball in the first half. Our D stopped them on their 2nd drive. Instead of being classy and maybe fact checking, Rocky just immediately turned to insults. Very sad.
These two really are comedy gold. Even the most simple facts are being distorted and covered up in crap. The drives happened like they did and the fact is the offense couldn't deliver. Dak is the leader of the offense, he couldn't deliver. And no matter how bad a play is drawn or set up, in the end the QB has to make the decision. Especially on a 2nd down you don't throw into double coverage, there is no desperation. Throw it away if you must. But he made a stupid decision. Like so many times.

And that's simply the bottom line and there is no need for 26 pages. You guys will go on forever like this. Just accept that neither side will convince the other and that's that.

I want Dak gone from this roster asap but am preparing myself for the way too realistic chance that he will be our QB for the upcoming years. In that case nothing will change but I'll still watch the games and talk Cowboys. As I have said in other threads, I can wait. I have more time left than Jerry.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Great. We agree. Bad play design.

But also......... BAD DECISION BY DAK to throw it.

That's what most of us have been saying here. I think many criticizing Dak's play also have issues with McCarthy and his coaching. In fact, I believe many who have Dak issues were fine if the Cowboys had fired McCarthy.
Yep, and there's an element that Defenses, with a lead, are able to revert to a Cover-2, zone defense, with the post snap moving Safety.....which Dak cant read.

It's going back to the Jimmie Ward quotes about Dak struggling with it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep, and there's an element that Defenses, with a lead, are able to revert to a Cover-2, zone defense, with the post snap moving Safety.....which Dak cant read.

It's going back to the Jimmie Ward quotes about Dak struggling with it.
Funny how Dak can’t read defenses yet led the NFL in TD passes last year. In fact, he’s led the Cowboys to one of the best passing offenses in the NFL for several years now. Yet he can’t read defenses? :lmao: :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
....but how are we going to improve the: run game, WR room and both Lines, if Dak's getting 20% of the CAP especially when Dak needs a Defense that keeps us in a game (which in the case of the two SF losses, wasnt even enough).

I'm using these arguments, not as a knock on Dak, but as a point that HE (if he wants Dallas), needs to 'give' something in the contract negotiations ....LENGTH OF CONTRACT (career ending). What that does would be to put EVERYONE on notice, it helps free up CAP for (circa) 25/26/27 to help build (all of the above needs), even if that means oblivion in 27/28.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
....but how are we going to improve the: run game, WR room and both Lines, if Dak's getting 20% of the CAP especially when Dak needs a Defense that keeps us in a game (which in the case of the two SF losses, wasnt even enough).

I'm using these arguments, not as a knock on Dak, but as a point that HE (if he wants Dallas), needs to 'give' something in the contract negotiations ....LENGTH OF CONTRACT (career ending). What that does would be to put EVERYONE on notice, it helps free up CAP for (circa) 25/26/27 to help build (all of the above needs), even if that means oblivion in 27/28.
I agree. Dak needs to help out the team contractually. That's the only way to keep or build a winning team.