Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

kskboys

Reaction score
dare I ask, who? lol
Joe Montana.

I know, I know, just throwing jack around here.

However, there are possibles. Burrow(if he can stay on the frickin field!!!), Allen, Herbert, Rodgers if he's still got it, maybe Stroud though I need to see more.

Every team needs a top 10 QB to win a super bowl, though there are a few exceptions such as Eli and Flacco.

For some odd reason, no one appeared to even notice that KC went D and that D went hog wild. Held playoff teams to 15 PPG, and those teams had averaged 28 PPG during the season. KC had the 2nd ranked D in the NFL last year. Held BALT to 10 pts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ok..

You put Dak on last years Chiefs teams and they’re struggling to make the playoffs.
Maybe. I can’t make a statement like that confidently because I just saw him win 12 games with a Jerry Jones led front office that can’t stop the run or run the football.

But either way if you’re suggesting Dak isn’t Pat Mahomes…I agree. :laugh:

Chasing6

Reaction score
You seem to be moving away from the original context of discussion which was whether Dak's 4 years $40M per year (APY) was better than Mahomes at 10 years $45M per year. I'm sure they will redo the deal but it's better than the Dak deal by a long shot. Plus, all those SB trophies, so it already paid off nicely. He's probably got another 1 or 2 on the way.
How can you determine the future if Mahomes contract when it has not happened yet? Just because he signed a 10 year deal , does not mean he will play it all out without it being redone.

All we can compare is the original contract and what has currently been paid out.

$40M vs $45M. $40M is better.

Plus Mahomes has $120M over 2 void years in 2032 and 2033.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Joe Montana.

I know, I know, just throwing jack around here.

However, there are possibles. Burrow(if he can stay on the frickin field!!!), Allen, Herbert, Rodgers if he's still got it, maybe Stroud though I need to see more.

Every team needs a top 10 QB to win a super bowl, though there are a few exceptions such as Eli and Flacco.

For some odd reason, no one appeared to even notice that KC went D and that D went hog wild. Held playoff teams to 15 PPG, and those teams had averaged 28 PPG during the season. KC had the 2nd ranked D in the NFL last year. Held BALT to 10 pts.
Gotcha, I was thinking of more current QB's but for sure others in the past including our own. No doubt the KC D played a much bigger factor than they get credit for, but as for having any other QB behind centre of the current class, there is nobody else right now...

Chasing6

Reaction score
You seem to be moving away from the original context of discussion which was whether Dak's 4 years $40M per year (APY) was better than Mahomes at 10 years $45M per year. I'm sure they will redo the deal but it's better than the Dak deal by a long shot. Plus, all those SB trophies, so it already paid off nicely. He's probably got another 1 or 2 on the way.
Dak's contract is over after this year and he got paid $160M over 4 years, regardless how GM Jethro allocated it.

Mahomes contract is not over. It will be redone prior to year 10. We already now it will average at a minimum of $45M.

In years 2025, 2026 and 2027 Mahomes will be the highest paid QB without a question for those years and become a challenge for their cap unless they restructure it.

Sydla

Reaction score
You didn’t watch the Cowboys defense against GB obviously. :rolleyes:
He did.

He also saw Prescott go like 5-11 in the first half with 55 yards passing and a couple interceptions before he finally led us on a TD drive right before the end of the half.

The QB was as much a problem as the defense that game. Let's revisit that game:

- GB scores opening drive.

- Dallas gets ball back down 7-0. Dak goes 1-2 for 0 yards. Dallas punts.

- Defense holds GB, GB punts

- Dak misses first pass then throws that bad pick.

- GB scores. 14-0

- Down two TDs but still a lot of time, Dallas needs a drive. Dak goes 1-2 for 22 yards and takes a bad sack. Gotta punt.

After that, the defense let up a TD and then came Dak's second pick resulting in a TD.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak threw two interceptions, including a pick 6 and the other that led to a free GB TD. Yes, the defense was porous, but if he was a little more careful with the football then the halftime score could have just as easily been 13-7 or 16-10 instead of 27-0.

The offense’s performance always heavily impacts the defense’s performance, and vice versa.
Careful with the football? They should have been careful with the End Zone.