Bucky Brooks: "It's a myth that elite QBs single-handedly carry their teams to wins"

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would consider than a valid reason if it had been the same receivers for the last 8 years, but it hasn't.

Receivers don't get 5-10 yard buffers very often in the post-season, so they rely on quarterbacks who can thread the needle without turning it over to compensate.
Well apparently you don't like the statistics that Dak has the highest completion % in tight windows.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Teams fall into the statistical bell shaped curve. The Chiefs roster minus the QB position was maybe slightly above avg. The Chiefs are now the Patriots part 2. All those years and Brady, with the exception of a couple of years, never had top 8 skilled positions. Remove Moss and start naming the top 10 WRs and top 10 RBs that Brady had plying with him.

The truly elite qbs do tilt the field MASSIVELY in their favor.

Thats it, I am done with this topic. I have been preaching it for over a decade and I have no desire to start down that road again.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean I’m just saying find the guys. Everyone else seems to be able to find them in other rounds we have dedicate first rounders to them and it’s still suspect.
I am just saying they are trying ........ but you will not get any argument from me saying our front office is just not good at talent evaluation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If the quarterback holds the ball too long because they can't make more than 2 quick reads, that's not on the offensive line, that's on the quarterback.

Brady made his offensive lines look great because he got the ball out fast.

Mahomes makes his offensive line look great because he's mobile.

The Cowboys expect their line to block several seconds while waiting for the receivers to run sandlot football routes when their initial routes were missed.
When I say the “trenches” I’m not even referencing pass protection. I’m referencing the run game and stopping the run. That’s far more crucial.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He is still gone after his horrible game plan ....... Dak is still here ,staring into the depths of the abyss, whenever facing a winning playoff team.
Quinn left the Cowboys for a head coaching job lol. Don’t give this front office credit for something they didn’t do they had no intentions of firing him lol.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's a team sport, but if your quarterback cannot elevate your team, it's a losing team sport, and that's what the Cowboys have had for 29 years of experiments at the position.

A great quarterback can elevate good players to be even better players. They do not need every position around them to be an All-Pro to win.

An average quarterback relies on justifications, excuses, blame and other "it's not me, it's someone else" reasons why they fail year after year.

Every team has it's weak players as there are no perfect teams, so blaming other players, many of which are new faces every few years, is nothing more than a desperate attempt to support a failed player who has been here through all of those players.
You have your gloves on for this thread.......:popcorn: (LOL, LOL )

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Quinn left the Cowboys for a head coaching job lol. Don’t give this front office credit for something they didn’t do they had no intentions of firing him lol.
I am not ........ just saying the Defensive problem from the playoffs will be different this year ..... Dak has given me no reason to think he will be different.