Bucs adding full-time coaching job for women

blueblood70

Reaction score
If they are the most qualified, good for them. If this is a PR stunt, well, the team won't have the best person for whatever position she'll be hired for. Their loss.
there are 100s of jobs within a team staff , simply a person breaking down and splicing film etc is some entry level as well as equipment stuff etc..it would be pretty easy to do with all teams IF the woman was comfortable working in male dominated working environment..

on side note be careful whomever she is stay away from Winston LMAO..

John813

Reaction score
there are 100s of jobs within a team staff , simply a person breaking down and splicing film etc is some entry level as well as equipment stuff etc..it would be pretty easy to do with all teams IF the woman was comfortable working in male dominated working environment..

on side note be careful whomever she is stay away from Winston LMAO..

Of course. I was sort of wanting to hold off until the position was actually revealed but I definitely believe there are positions in the NFL a woman can certainly exceed at and be considered a top candidate. Just that when it's going to be a new position, I just hope it's not some "look at us we are trendsetters" but instead something that actually pushes the team forward.

Hopefully she isn't the teams designated uber driver lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nothing exists until it does. I doubt if it did it would matter all that much to me anyway.

I guess I am just the opposite. Interestingly enough, I feel like I'm uniquely positioned to appreciate this issue. I have 4 kids, Two Girls, Two Boys. I am not a part of any Ole Boy mens club because I have the girls and I don't want them to be discriminated against. Then again, I am also not anybody who is going to support Ultraviolet type groups either because I have Boys as well. I have worked for women before, this business of discrimination is not exclusive to just men. Best person for the job is the one the owner thinks will work because ultimately, they employ you and they bear the financial burden of any failure. This is the way business works so whatever you implement, in terms of change, is destined to fail IMO. You are never going to convince anybody to do anything if they don't believe in it and nobody believes in ideas that they don't support. That's just reality.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I guess I am just the opposite. Interestingly enough, I feel like I'm uniquely positioned to appreciate this issue. I have 4 kids, Two Girls, Two Boys. I am not a part of any Ole Boy mens club because I have the girls and I don't want them to be discriminated against. Then again, I am also not anybody who is going to support Ultraviolet type groups either because I have Boys as well. I have worked for women before, this business of discrimination is not exclusive to just men. Best person for the job is the one the owner thinks will work because ultimately, they employ you and they bear the financial burden of any failure. This is the way business works so whatever you implement, in terms of change, is destined to fail IMO. You are never going to convince anybody to do anything if they don't believe in it and nobody believes in ideas that they don't support. That's just reality.
I have 2 of each myself. Raising them definitely gives you perspective.

Big_D

Reaction score
Everyone assumes you had to play. But you just have to be knowledgeable of the sport, the play book etc. Not all great coaches were great players. Nothing wrong with women working their way up the coaching ladder..

RamziD

Reaction score
So then, would it be fair to say that women can only fill the role that has been created for them, under this new position and that the other coaching jobs are only for men, specifically, because those jobs were created for men? Think about what you are saying here. Are you really doing the best thing by creating these types of situations? Listen to what people are saying about mandatory interviews for minorities. Everybody thought it was a great idea when it was mandated but now, there are a lot of people who think that it might have done more harm then good. Just saying.

No, that’s not what I’m saying at all. It really wouldn’t be fair to say just let women who have traditionally never had the coaching opportunities that men have had compete with men who have had decades of a head start on them. So, again, what’s wrong with one coach or any coach creating this unique opportunity for them? Does it hurt anybody? Is it putting someone out of a job? And no one mentioned anything about mandating this, so that’s just a straw man.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
No, that’s not what I’m saying at all. It really wouldn’t be fair to say just let women who have traditionally never had the coaching opportunities that men have had compete with men who have had decades of a head start on them. So, again, what’s wrong with one coach or any coach creating this unique opportunity for them? Does it hurt anybody? Is it putting someone out of a job? And no one mentioned anything about mandating this, so that’s just a straw man.

Decades of a head start? Seems presumptuous.

Does it hurt anyone? Maybe. Is it putting someone out of a job? Keeping them from one perhaps.

If this position is not something that is work that needs done to help the team, then it's just a token position. If it is something that needs done, then the wise and moral thing to do is hire the person most qualified to help the team, regardless of gender.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Are you sure that's not what you are saying because that's exactly what I hear when people say things such as this. Again I ask you to pay attention to what people are saying about affirmative action type rules in interviewing minorities. A lot of the same kind of discussion I am hearing from you, then. However, if you listen to what many are saying now, they are not certain that it was helpful and could actually may have been detrimental.

Decades of experience from men who are no longer in the NFL has no barring, what so ever, on decisions made today. This is not evolution we are talking about. Those things do not apply. What does apply is hiring the best person for the job because while it's all well and good to discuss this type of practice, other teams probably will not follow. You always hire the best possible person for the job and if that's a women, so be it. If that's a man, so be it. Winning trumps all ailments. Losing gets everybody fired, including the women you are creating jobs for.

As for the mandating part, if a job is being created for a single gender, regardless of if anybody is losing a job, then it is a mandate. There is no question of that.

RamziD

Reaction score
Decades of a head start? Seems presumptuous.

Actually, not at all.

Does it hurt anyone? Maybe. Is it putting someone out of a job? Keeping them from one perhaps.

Have you even been reading this thread? No, it’s not putting anyone out of a job.

If this position is not something that is work that needs done to help the team, then it's just a token position. If it is something that needs done, then the wise and moral thing to do is hire the person most qualified to help the team, regardless of gender.

I highly doubt that Arians is creating a position that’s not going to help the team.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Everyone assumes you had to play. But you just have to be knowledgeable of the sport, the play book etc. Not all great coaches were great players. Nothing wrong with women working their way up the coaching ladder..
They might not be great players but they all played the game

RamziD

Reaction score
Are you sure that's not what you are saying because that's exactly what I hear when people say things such as this. Again I ask you to pay attention to what people are saying about affirmative action type rules in interviewing minorities. A lot of the same kind of discussion I am hearing from you, then. However, if you listen to what many are saying now, they are not certain that it was helpful and could actually may have been detrimental.

Decades of experience from men who are no longer in the NFL has no barring, what so ever, on decisions made today. This is not evolution we are talking about. Those things do not apply. What does apply is hiring the best person for the job because while it's all well and good to discuss this type of practice, other teams probably will not follow. You always hire the best possible person for the job and if that's a women, so be it. If that's a man, so be it. Winning trumps all ailments. Losing gets everybody fired, including the women you are creating jobs for.

As for the mandating part, if a job is being created for a single gender, regardless of if anybody is losing a job, then it is a mandate. There is no question of that.

Your definition of mandate is hilariously wrong. As for the other stuff, you’re putting the cart way ahead of the horse. Again, no one is requiring anyone to do anything.

lockster

Reaction score
Can't stand this, its radical feminism in action. A woman needs to stay out of football, it's a mans sport. They really need to stay out of their face. Its an insult to have a girl trying to teach a man, a mans job. I hope Tampa bay loses every game from here on out. This is reverse sexism. The nfl is using their sport to push these kind of agendas, and I think it is help killing the sport. I know , its killing my joy of football.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Your definition of mandate is hilariously wrong. As for the other stuff, you’re putting the cart way ahead of the horse. Again, no one is requiring anyone to do anything.

OK, why are they wrong?

What is the definition of mandate?

1. An official order or commission to do something.
synonyms: instruction, directive, direction, decree, command, order, injunction, edict, charge, commission, bidding, warrant, ruling, ordinance, law, statute, fiat

I mean, that's what a directive is and that sounds like exactly what Arieans is doing. Question, is Arieans creating a specific position for a women or not? This sounds like a requirement to me.

InTheZone

Reaction score
gotta love forced diversity, which is also discrimination by definition. Roll with the best, not because of a skin tone or difference between the legs.

Big_D

Reaction score
They might not be great players but they all played the game

That doesn't make you coaching material. It's not rocket science. A student of the game willing to learn the rules and nuances of the sport should be able to coach and teach. I see nothing wrong with having a female in the mix.

InTheZone

Reaction score
No one is forcing him.
I'm talking about what Arians is doing. The end goal is to have women, not to have the best people fit for the job. Sorry for any confusion, but I didn't think I had to explain.