Building the trenches with some nasty!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Couldn’t be more happier on the type of players and at the positions the Cowboys drafted. The biggest weakness last year was the inability to run the ball, and not able to stop the run. They’ve got some work to do on defense, but they began to address that with Kneeland and Liufau. Build the trenches with some nasty. And on the offensive side picking Guyton and Beebe both being big nasty guys that will solidify the left side of the OL for years to come along with Smith. All guys have a nasty side something the Cowboys have been sorely lacking. Great first two days of the draft.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couldn’t be more happier on the type of players and at the positions the Cowboys drafted. The biggest weakness last year was the inability to run the ball, and not able to stop the run. They’ve got some work to do on defense, but they began to address that with Kneeland and Liufau. Build the trenches with some nasty. And on the offensive side picking Guyton and Beebe both being big nasty guys that will solidify the left side of the OL for years to come along with Smith. All guys have a nasty side something the Cowboys have been sorely lacking. Great first two days of the draft.
I love the Cowboys attitude. They saw us getting pushed around and brought in some physical players with a nasty attitude. Yes it has been sorely lacking but these guys will punch you in the mouth all game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Still need a DT.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The absolute best case scenario is the O-line is as good as it has been from like 2014 to current where we average 2 1st team All-Pros a season on the O-line while sometimes having as many as 3.

I don't know how to tell you this because I know you're excited and won't accept it, but all that has equaled 3 Wild Card wins.... That's it.

What we're doing is getting our ears cleaned out when we really need a brain transplant.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Didn't people say this about last years draft? And then they came out and produced nothing

gtb1943

Reaction score
Its a start to building a team made up of players who like to hit and have that attitude that they would tear your arm off if they could get away with it

Ken

Reaction score
The absolute best case scenario is the O-line is as good as it has been from like 2014 to current where we average 2 1st team All-Pros a season on the O-line while sometimes having as many as 3.

I don't know how to tell you this because I know you're excited and won't accept it, but all that has equaled 3 Wild Card wins.... That's it.

What we're doing is getting our ears cleaned out when we really need a brain transplant.
Again...hater logic at its finest.

What were they supposed to do then? Not get better and tougher?

lol.

Ken

Reaction score
Who says we did? These guys haven't played a snap yet.

You said the same thing about Mazi and Taco.

Oh, my bad, I forgot. They have a star on their helmet now so they're automatically great.
Mazi's book is not written yet. He did some really good things last year. More productive than Jordan Davis was (that you and the other haters CROWED about when Philly took him) was in his rookie year.

I was never all in on Taco....i just said I understood what they saw in him...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Mazi's book is not written yet. He did some really good things last year. More productive than Jordan Davis was (that you and the other haters CROWED about when Philly took him) was in his rookie year.

I was never all in on Taco....i just said I understood what they saw in him...
You said we got better and tougher, right?

So you're saying both of the O-linemen we took are "better and tougher" than All-Pro Tyron Smith that we had last year?

Sydla

Reaction score
Only odd pick for me was the LB given who was in the board at LB.

JBS

Reaction score

At least we can hear clearly now